xisto Community
Dodger

Why Do Women Go Insane Over The Toilet Seat?

I don't think its very nice to come along and have to pull down the toilet seat, why the need to put it up anyway? You can still pee with it down.

Yeah if you like to set on pee that would be cool. I always put the seat back down and put the lid down. That way everyone gets to do something. The lid is there for a reason.

Oh, this is really a problem for some women, I usually close the lid after finishing, so that someone will need to open it, I think all it requires is habit, sometimes I'm just lazy to do it.If a man lived for some years with some friends, the toilet seat usually will be up, and some women might tell something, but also it depends, some women just don't say anything, they do everything them self, it's not that by closing or opening you will miss something, it's not even hard to do it, it's just a manner of nerves? :(But I agree that sometimes, when the toilet seat is up, I sit and only then notice something bad :) it's as was told above, that you're usually sleepy and don't look :) But again, it's not something tragic, you can close the seat and continue :D

:) that's pretty ridiculous, I never heard a debate between a wife and husband complaining on the fact that why did you live the lid open or closed. Well as times are advancing people may want to be totally alone, living alone and with all the things that they don't like. These people of nowaday are complaining about everything and they find it difficult to tolerate and have tolerance between married people.

I'm a girl and I have a male roommate. (Just for clarification, it goes no further than being roommates and friends.) He's actually pretty good about putting the seat down, but every once in a while he doesn't. It doesn't bother me though. If I walk in and the seat's up, I just put it back down, do my business, and go on about my day. I don't understand why some women make such a big deal out of it.

My theory:I think it's because of connections. If the toilet seat is up it means a man has been there. That makes the woman think about what a man does and the grossness factor. A man does not care about such trivial matters, he does his business and gets out. With the onset of needing to relieve oneself a women may feel anxious. Women want to reduce this anxiety and having the toilet set up only increases it. What are your thoughts ladies? When ever this question is asked a straight answer is never given.I think if men are able to understand why females want this, then they'll be able to compensate.Here are some examples of female answers:1. "Men don't know how to aim properly" (Implying that if men could aim properly there would be no need to pull the seat up).First of all I would love to find out how women gather the evidence to make such a claim. This comment has simply turned the issue back on the man while at the same time avoiding answering the question. If all men had perfect aim then the opposition would say they must be lazy. If all men were not lazy, then women would ask, "Then why don't you just leave the seat down?" In which the men would reply, "OK sure, but why do you want it down?!"2. It's common courtesyDictionary definition of courtesy: - The showing of politeness in one's attitude and behavior toward others.- A polite speech or action, esp. one required by convention. So how and why is it polite to put the seat down for a woman? What is the connection between politeness and putting the seat down? The same question could be asked about opening doors for women. I definitely think there is a connection between these two courtesies. Respect, chivalry and courteous are the dominate overlapping themes. I understand what they mean, and can give examples of them, but it does not explain why leaving the seat down is respectful or courteous.3. "Because we might get up in the middle of the night (not flick the light on because that would obviously blind the eyes), and use the toilet. If the seat is up we'll full in (gross)."This is a legitimate claim. However it's a bit of a sneaky answer. It does answer the question, but only focuses on one unique example. It still does not answer why woman get annoyed in the middle of the day when the sun is shining. (Next thing women will claim to be blind).4. Queenie said: "Because its annoying when you are desperate for the loo to have to touch the seat to pull it down."This answer is getting closer to the truth. Generally girls like to be hygienic. What's the most unhygienic thing, the toilet. The rim of the toilet must look really foul to a woman. Something I am yet to comprehend. "It's annoying to touch it"? Must suck cleaning the toilet. That's a whole lot of toilet to get around.5. "...it's just there's girls out there who need the world perfect and don't want to do it themselves." This was part of answer on yahoo answers. Now we're getting closer to the answer. Btw she used the "aim" argument too, "At least you're at the stage where you lift it up and don't leave it down and pee on it b/c you can't aim (like my bro) lol...".Nevertheless, this makes more sense. Women want to be like a princess right? A princess is waited on by servants and is rescued from the tower, etc. It's inherent nature. So the same applies to the toilet scenario. The woman wants to live in that perfect world where the seat is already down and she doesn't have to touch it.6. "The reason most of us don't like the experience is that the porcelain bowl is very cold. The plastic toilet seat is much warmer."That's a great one.Conclusion: Way to many women are falling into toilets. It's hilarious.But seriously, woman make that statement not because they fall in but because of the thought of falling in. To woman touch and cleanliness is important. It all comes down to touch and feel. They don't want to touch germs, or feel the cold, or feel the piss of the last male occupant. Actually this urge and feeling is so strong just the sight of a toilet seat up can trigger those emotions. Women are naturally emotional creatures. Reason can be dictated by their emotions. This is then communicated to the males around the woman's life.

I don't think its very nice to come along and have to pull down the toilet seat, why the need to put it up anyway? You can still pee with it down.

You believe, that one, you have never been in a men washroom were no one wants to touch the sit, and it get pissed on all the time. Women, would have even bigger cows about the sit being down, and they walked in, and there was piss on it.

We worry about the toilet seat becuase it's really ferkin' GROSS! We don't want to be swimming where you just took a leak! And getting anything on the seat is worse because it's direct! Why don't you men understand this?

And that is why you flush it, after use. You want to talk about gross, I was leaving with a woman, that left blood on the under side of the sit, after she had finished. All she did was flush drop the lid, and go. When, I flipped the sit to use it there was blood on it. At least, when I take a dump, after I finish, I flip the lid up check to see, if it is clean, if it is not clean it, and then I go. That is courteous.

I couldn't agree more! I couldn't think of a more stupid phenomenon than this toilet seet thing. How hard could it be to just put the lit down!?

Of course, women do sit on the toilet bowl while the man stands when they peeing but everyone should take a look first before they sit and there's really no equality in this world so there's no sense in complaining.