xisto Community
Dodger

Why Do Women Go Insane Over The Toilet Seat?

Being a guy myself, I normally put the seat up when i'm out at a friends/relatives/aunty/uncle/grandma/grandpas place etc (usually out of courtesy and habit). But whilst at home, I normally just leave it down, only except when we have some visitors/friends over at the house.

Every thing has to be like a forced issues in Just doing something for one you love out Respect ,or just because You Love that person .Simple put .Should never be a issue or Debate in a marriage ,if you open the door or pay for dinner or put toilet seat down or Who would be the first to offer something of themselves not because had too ,because you wanted too ,with love and respect .A marriage or relationship should just happen and flow within ,of what you want offer self to one you Love with nothing in return of expectations .I for one yes ,get up in middle night ,wander to bathroom and do not expect to sit down and seat is up ,I admit honest that ,It has happened many times to me in night or if was in a hurry ,I don't look ,simple at same time I just ,put toilet seat down ,without complaining about it to my Husband ,as it's like this if he does not want do that ,that is okay ,I would of done it for him although ,as Wife ,there are many areas ,a wife does for her Husband each day ,that really come on guys ,have you ever washed your boxers and wonder ,How you could of wore them ,thank goodness ,you decided to change that day .Although see it's your wife ,normally washes those Boxers and never complains .Now would be a different story if your wife ,made a flag of protest out those boxers in our front yard as a Debate now wouldn't t .So toilet seat ,seems kind of lame to be complaining about it between men and women ,it really depends on issues of Respecting each other or just doing small things you know ,your partner would like ,because you love each other ,without any Debates .Simple really is .

It's out of courtesy that you should put the seat down or put the seat up. You can throw love in there... but I sure as hell won't prioritize it as something that I would base my relationship on. :) The seat doesn't stay down while guys go to use it because although we can aim DURING the flow of urine, it goes in random directions at the very beginning and at the very end, ending up on the seat itself. To give you a mental image, try pinching a garden hose before turning it on, then let the water pressure straighten the flow out. Where does the water go at first? Where does it go when you go to turn the water off and pinch the hose? Nobody knows. :D And I'm sure that I don't even need to get into the random postures that a guy has to attain to urinate with "morning wood." :D It's not a straight shot every time, girls. That's why urinals are designed the way they are.As far as remembering to put the seat down "out of necessity," I can't remember the last time that any girl put the seat up for me.I don't know about you, but I wash my hands after I use the bathroom, so that removes the whole nastiness/germ argument. :D If anyone is really that squeamish, use a couple of sheets of toilet paper, or apply pressure to the side of the seat to bring it up instead of actually grabbing it.P.S. This is a great discussion. :D

Reply to the above, its why many 'public' toilets are so horribly disgusting and poorly maintained. Apart from the P.Toilets in major megaplexes (or huge shopping plaza/centres/complexes/etc). I know a few friends that even bring their own toilet paper and wrap it around the seat just to prevent themselves from getting some kind of 'disease' or sickness. I probably dont blame some of them if its in a poorly maintained Public Toilet.

I guess that makes me the odd one out (amongst many women)! I like the toiletlid UP after I've used it. Reason: lesser area surface to get dusty for the time that no one uses the toilet!Regardless of whether the lid was up or not, ppl should learn not to BLAME and look out for their own safety. What if there was a Roach there with the toilet lid down? Who can the person blame?Okie women, at least I am being fair here, right?It's not that hard to lift the lid UP or DOWN.

Why are men still fighting women because we don't have urinals in our home. When indoor plumbing came into common use a century ago men were still going out behind the barn to take a wizz. In the century since, cars have replaced horses, we no longer even have a barn or stable in our yard, but we still don't have indoor plumbing for men in our homes. Its not like plumbing for men is a mystery. We find them at virtually all public and work places. But in our homes we have to make do with a fixture that was never designed for men to take a wizz. Since 2000 some high end homes now have "his" toilet areas with urinals. In average people's homes they plumbing industry says "women don't want them." Of course women don't want plumbing for men. Women would rather whine about "put the seat down." I say nuts to her. If she put the LID down after doing her business she would never be expecting to sit without lifting the lid first. But the real answer is for MEN to demand that our homes have plumbing for men. We live here too!BlessingsBob

I think most women are confused, because they think equalmeans the same rights but not the same responsabilities....when a girl tells me why am i not a gentleman...then I say ok you want me to be a gentleman...then what are you doing in college...women should not study , women should be in the house...some girls get my point some dont want to gent my point...and some just dont get it....what do you girls and guys think

That's funny, I never had that problem with my past boyfriends :)Seriously though, I think it is only right that whoever last used the toilet seat should leave it as they will. I've read an article about a man's 10 wishes to his wife and there was one saying, "I wish you'd learn to work the toilet seat. We want it up, you want it down."I mean, what kind of idiot just sits down on a toilet without checking for the seat? And what kind of bigger idiot falls into the toilet? :)

Yeah really, it's not too hard to lift it up or put it down before you do your stuff. I'm curious, does this happen a lot? Do women really want the toilet seat down?

lol just finished reading all the posts. This topic makes me feel happy inside :DI am not the only one!!!! XDi had stuff thrown at me cuz of this crap :)

Edited by LastCause (see edit history)

Well, all I can say is if you've ever taken the "plunge" in the middle of the night when you are half asleep and forgot to look, or you have a rude visitor in your home that leaves it up after you have manged to train your own better half, you wouldn't even have to ask such a dumb question. It's just a nasty landing. Why do men have to have such a fit over a womans simple request? Is it not possible to be respectuful anymore without it becoming a equality issue? If it upsets your woman, why do you have to be an *bottom* and leave it up? Such a simple thing to do to keep peace in the home, why is it such a big deal? Put the dang thing down! Keep in mind, men allready have a big advantage over woman in the peeing department. You guys can go anywhere you can hang it out. We have to have our toilets. Cut us gals some slack would ya?