xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Windows 7..the New Operating System Of Microsoft

Its becoming a rip off of a mac! There are so many features in windows now that are on mac...I have been a windows user all my life (since 3.1) and I have actually switched to OSX just before windows 7 came out... I will not be switching back - it just looks horrific!

CrazyRob, Gates has been ripping the Steves off (as well as the original creators of DOS) since the very beginning! There was a documentary I watched a few years ago, in one of my college computer courses, about how the three of them (yes, they once were all college buddies working together) got started. Gates' first GUI was a very poorly masked rip-off of the Steves' first GUI. And then he managed to finagle a relationship with Apple again, later, to steal more ideas. I honestly think that's the only way he was ever able to get ahead, and that he was only able to stay ahead because of under-the-table dealings and monopolizing. Mind you, the Steves aren't much better, anymore, than he is... if at all. Or, perhaps that's Apple at fault, not the Steves; I haven't exactly checked lately to see if they are still in control of that company.

Linux for the win! :lol:

Windows 7 like Mac OSX? Lolwut?Windows 7..the New Operating System Of Microsoft

Take my nice metaphore for example:

A black Ferrari (or Windows 7) uses a steering wheel, just like one of those square-looking "xB" Scion cars (or Macintosh). Just because both of them use a steering wheel doesn't mean either one is copying the other.

They both use mice (although one design is vastly superior to the other. I'm sure you can guess). Same idea as the steering wheel belonging to all cars.

They both use keyboards (although default mac keyboards are usually better than default pc keyboards). Same idea as the steering wheel belonging to all cars.

They both use flashy effects. Windows 7 may pull it off better, but they're still just effects. Everyone has effects. Same idea as the steering wheel belonging to all cars

Get it now?

-reply by Tre Giles

windows 7 feels weird after switching over from vista or xp but you get used to it after a few weeks! it is definitely worth the switch over from xp or vista or from Mac. I own 4 os and i can say that w7 is almost the best

I switched from Vista to 7 a few months ago. My laptop was already fast in Vista and it is even more faster now in 7. The only thing that bugs me with the OS is that HomeGroup that they implemented which I don't have a clue on how to use but other than that, it's a cool OS. I like the new Aero the got going on for Windows 7

I also switched to Windows 7 from Vista this month, was using Vista for over a year and I can say that I like Windows 7, some things were needed to be hacked with the registry and etc. like things in navigation pan, I really don't need the Homegroup or Libraries, which I removed by editing the registry and they were gone, I thought I wouldn't like the new taskbar, but got used to it and it's much easier and better for me to use.It's in fact is a better version of Vista, and it's good that Vista was in the market, personally I wouldn't like to use an OS which was made in year 2001 when it was 2008..

CrazyRob, Gates has been ripping the Steves off (as well as the original creators of DOS) since the very beginning! There was a documentary I watched a few years ago, in one of my college computer courses, about how the three of them (yes, they once were all college buddies working together) got started. Gates' first GUI was a very poorly masked rip-off of the Steves' first GUI. And then he managed to finagle a relationship with Apple again, later, to steal more ideas. I honestly think that's the only way he was ever able to get ahead, and that he was only able to stay ahead because of under-the-table dealings and monopolizing. Mind you, the Steves aren't much better, anymore, than he is... if at all. Or, perhaps that's Apple at fault, not the Steves; I haven't exactly checked lately to see if they are still in control of that company.

Linux for the win! :P

Linix is the best :P

Have you tried the beta product of Windows 7?..How do you feel.From my experiance Windows 7 is far far better than Windows Vista.Windows Vista Consuming more Physical Memory and Storage,So most of the people dislike it..
So I think Windows 7 is an alternate solution from Microsoft.
So please try this new Operating System and reply ur comments..

yes,its a great os ,i ma using its ultimate version but its cost is a bit higher.the same graphics and look and even better performance are being provided by several linux and also they are distributed free of cost unger general public license.so,i am repainting now.its better to use linux than a windows 7,i think so.

I'm planning on getting it in January, my dad said that he's getting a discount then so he's gonna buy it for our family then, I think the family pack deal is still up, I heard it closed down on Gizmodo, but their always going on about sales that don't last more than a day. Anyone got any reviews on it. I saw that it was really well reviewed everywhere, but I think it just looks like a new explorer shell for Vista and some basic changes. I really don't want to lose the Screen Real estate though, since the taskbar takes more room now and the windows are larger, i saw that also with aero skins now. I also don't want to loose some of my more important apps. I don't want to lose my stuff and take a month of production work, especially in the greatest year of my high school life, and re-make it into a usable machine again, cause I work on a site for my uncle and I have other graphics based needs to get to.