xisto Community
Tramposch

T17 Servers

Is it just me or is Xisto REALLY slow to load.The ping time is fine, when I ping the domain, but when I try to load the website, or the forums, it is very slow to load, as is the shoutbox, my posts sometimes glitch because of slow loading.Is this just me? Could I be IP blocked or something?Thanks...

It seems to be affecting everyone (well, at least me and everyone else I have spoken to). It's making the pages load slow, the shoutbox have some odd quirks and occasionally timing out. I'm sure people are working to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Its affecting me too....dead slow today and yesterday. Its very annoying to get timed out errors. Actually Xisto has always been slower for me when comparing to other websites, but its too much slow today...hope this will get fixed soon...

Same thing here. I disabled sigantures and avatars and now it loads a bit faster and looks a lot cleaner than before. May be you people too can try this.

Yes, I realized that on my first day here. It must be the high bandwith usage. The forum has many users.

I notice that as well and its funny this all started happening when I became a mod again :D, but from looking at the server status, https://support.xisto.com/serverstatus.php, it would seem everything is fine for the server Xisto is on (ALPHA). It could be the Databases maybe, but we won't know until they could down or not. However, I would recommend everyone that is hosted to check all their PHP scripts and find any looping going on, also check your cron jobs and making sure they are not set for like eve 30 seconds or something like that.

Of course, it could be the MyCents script as well, but who knows, but to help the forums and the servers check to make sure your hosting is good and not causing any problems.

If your using Firefox, try using and editing/modifying the about:config file in Firefox. Make pages connections more faster.And yes. Xisto is slow for me too, I can't even (STILL) get on my site because of the DDoS or exploit attack...

The servers itself hosting our websites and Xisto - Web Hosting clients website is fine, and speed is comparable to major hosts. In terms of the loading page of Xisto, then yes it is slow. But please take in consideration this; Xisto has over 300,000 posts and 50,000 members. Of course the speed of the site is going to be much slower then others because of this. Furthermore, the Mycent script most likely causes considerable lag as it sends data over to our xisto accounts.

I'm inclined to say it's the major forum upgrade and not the myCENTs script or how many users we have. I remember that by simply disabling the BR bbcode tag, forum performance increased. For me the pages other than the forum index load quicker. If we reduce the amount of queries and processes of the index page, we may see the entire forum increase in performance.

Is Xisto really unable to satisfy online transfer requests this often?

I'm timing out very, very frequently and am having to check to see if I can even connect to the server to view threads, respond to threads, or even just browse the forum at all. I see this now just about 85% of the time when I try to access Xisto at periodic times of the day:

Posted Image

Is it just me, or are others suffering this badly also?

Yes I have also been having problems on and off for about a week now. Sometimes I cant access anything at all and other times I can log in but cant do anything after that. Sometimes I cant post in the shout box it will say you have to be signed in to do that, eventhough I am signed in. Anyway I also hope this gets fixed soon. :D

Most unfortunately, the Servers are slow all the way around for the last couple of days. I am certain that Opaque and the Server Tech's are working on figuring it out.Please be patient. A solution should be forthcoming soon. Thanks.

Yeah, I've noticed Xisto never loading quite alot for a few months. What is wrong with the servers, they seem unstable and slow. :D Another thing I noticed is Xisto keeps getting alot of .php errors and IPS Driver Errors. Must be a mod that had been installed incorrectly or a conflict in a mod.I am good with IP.Board. :D