xisto Community
Aryan

Help Need For Handling Disruptive, Annoying, Immature Classmates

I need help handling some immature classmates, who don't seem to be stopping it till it's getting too much.This is my last year in high school, so I thought to just forget it because it's just a matter of a few months and I'm done. But thinking about it, I've been going through this for the past three years.Some classmate, has been annoying me for the past three years, because I'm not talkative nor do I socialize with anybody in class! This weird guy is asking me why don't I talk everyday and he likes to make fun of me when there are people around like accusing me of suffering from autism and stuff like that. It's happening every freaking day, it's like this weird guy doesn't have anything to do in life but do this. It's getting too much now, and everybody is starting to beleiving whatever crap he says. It feels like he tries to degrade people to make himself look better. So now, even when I talk to people, they have in mind that I'm suffering with autism. And I'm like what more can I do? He keeps telling me why I'm not normal and talkative like others in class, and even though I say not everybody is the same he keeps asking the same thing everyday. And if I don't answer he keeps on repeating it and saying things like really I'm not trying to disturb you but trying to help you... What the hell, help me with what? :D This is seriously very annoying that I started hating attending school. I kept thinking that these annoying people don't change anything in my life and it's only a matter of a few months and I'm leaving school, but I keep thinking about it whenever I go to school.I hope somebody can provide something that will help me stop this... I even once tried to talk to some about stopping this, but then they go around by repeating what I say and laughing... They're so freaking immature and weird. They're trying to prove that there is something wrong with me when I don't see anything wrong with what I'm doing. :D

While there are people that laugh with him, there are others (believe it or not) that think that he's an stupid (they won't neccesarily say it, but at least think about it). In fact, it would entirely depend on the class and the people that is in. If you already passed 3 years through this, I can't think they will stop. Autism isn't something people should be joking around that way, I would say that, but again, you shouldn't do that, that would only make them pick on you even more. The best you could do is ignore them, or at least try to get nearer to them so they would stop bothering.(I don't think you want to do this last one now, but it would be an option).I'm afraid there is no real way to handle people like that, they just don't think that what they do and say is gonna hurt someone else, they are not 'evil' people but stupid indeed.

Thanks for the reply. You're right, I shouldn't let them affect my life because they don't change anything in it. They're only proving that they are insecure by doing this. LOL yes, I wouldn't even think of the last option becuase I'm trying to get away from these people.

I'm not too old (17 years old) but I can say that you will see that there all kind of people in life, like it or not. You have to get over them, don't let them think they're affecting you talking nonsense(this makes them even bother even more). If you really don't get affected, you don't have to do anything then, but it's hard to do, I know myself. I'll just give you an example, to let you see this, there was a guy that was being bothered (not too much really, but bothered anyway). It was for some birthday party in a friend's house. One of the guys that was here told him not to bother anymore because he is a honest guy and really got bored of him repeating the same stupid thing over and over again and then the guy didn't felt as good to do so. Hope you good luck with that.

I'll give you a few tips, but fortunately I haven't had to deal with bullies in a few years.Though it depends on the situation, you could just ignore him. Eventually he will get tired of it, and realize that it's just making himself look like a fool. Although it will bother you for a while, just pretend that it doesn't effect you. Like the Korn song Coming Undone says "Sing along mockingbird, you don't affect me", don't let it effect you. Talk to the people that you do talk to, and remind yourself that you only have a few months of this crap to put up with. Don't let this idiot keep you from having bad memories of high school.

You might want to discuss this issue with a Guidance Counsellor at the school. or maybe the School Nurse. They may be able to direct you towards a solution.

You might want to discuss this issue with a Guidance Counsellor at the school. or maybe the School Nurse. They may be able to direct you towards a solution.

Screw that idea. That's a great way to make more enemies and make a bad situation worse. It's a problem between you and him. Sounds to me like he's got social issues and is trying to get a reaction from you. If you're a chick he may even like you.

You need to make a sweet comeback that shuts him up. Best way: Fight fire with water. If you're a guy, tell him Autistics have big dicks so you can understand the confusion.

If you're a chick, tell him he's hoping you're autistic because the only chick he'll ever lay is one with a mental problem.

You only have to do it once. After that he'll change. Promise.
Edited by RJM (see edit history)

Screw that idea. That's a great way to make more enemies and make a bad situation worse. It's a problem between you and him. Sounds to me like he's got social issues and is trying to get a reaction from you. If you're a chick he may even like you.
You need to make a sweet comeback that shuts him up. Best way: Fight fire with water. If you're a guy, tell him Autistics have big dicks so you can understand the confusion.

If you're a chick, tell him he's hoping you're autistic because the only chick he'll ever lay is one with a mental problem.

You only have to do it once. After that he'll change. Promise.

Not man, I think your idea is worse, no offense intended. He already got up with it for 3 years do you think that saying that will make them go behind? That's only putting yourself at the same level than theirs, and even if it isn't (really depends in what's your comeback, so I can't be 100% about that. Example is saying that autism is not for jokes, that can actually make him feel somehow bad-not much though), they might have even more reasons to bother him, and maybe get violent.

Something is to make them feel bad about what they're saying, other is to ignore them, and the last, and even worst that he can do, is provoke them even more. That's no good.
Edited by Pankyy (see edit history)

Not man, I think your idea is worse, no offense intended. He already got up with it for 3 years do you think that saying that will make them go behind? That's only putting yourself at the same level than theirs, and even if it isn't (really depends in what's your comeback, so I can't be 100% about that. Example is saying that autism is not for jokes, that can actually make him feel somehow bad-not much though), they might have even more reasons to bother him, and maybe get violent.
Something is to make them feel bad about what they're saying, other is to ignore them, and the last, and even worst that he can do, is provoke them even more. That's no good.

I'm saying to use humor. Not be confrontational.

I'm saying to use humor. Not be confrontational.

The one of the girl didn't see to be too funny, at least not from the point of view of the one who is told that :D But I do get your point, that is a good way, but you then have to be careful on what you say.

I need help handling some immature classmates, who don't seem to be stopping it till it's getting too much.

This is my last year in high school, so I thought to just forget it because it's just a matter of a few months and I'm done. But thinking about it, I've been going through this for the past three years.

Some classmate, has been annoying me for the past three years, because I'm not talkative nor do I socialize with anybody in class! This weird guy is asking me why don't I talk everyday and he likes to make fun of me when there are people around like accusing me of suffering from autism and stuff like that. It's happening every freaking day, it's like this weird guy doesn't have anything to do in life but do this. It's getting too much now, and everybody is starting to beleiving whatever crap he says. It feels like he tries to degrade people to make himself look better. So now, even when I talk to people, they have in mind that I'm suffering with autism. And I'm like what more can I do? He keeps telling me why I'm not normal and talkative like others in class, and even though I say not everybody is the same he keeps asking the same thing everyday. And if I don't answer he keeps on repeating it and saying things like really I'm not trying to disturb you but trying to help you... What the hell, help me with what? :D This is seriously very annoying that I started hating attending school. I kept thinking that these annoying people don't change anything in my life and it's only a matter of a few months and I'm leaving school, but I keep thinking about it whenever I go to school.

I hope somebody can provide something that will help me stop this... I even once tried to talk to some about stopping this, but then they go around by repeating what I say and laughing... They're so freaking immature and weird. They're trying to prove that there is something wrong with me when I don't see anything wrong with what I'm doing. :D

There are two things you can do

Continue being the pushover that you are and allowing these immature teens harass and insult every move you make.

OR

Take some action. You know... there are always going to be people like this in your life. Those whose main objective is to embarrass others, to gain notoriety, make themselves look better to others, or to make themselves feel better. You need to realize that ignoring people like this is just going to make the situation worse. You might say, "Hey.. there are only a couple months of school left, I'll just let these people ridicule me for the reminder of the year."

What you should say is, "How can I make it so these people will STOP harassing me in a way that will show I am not another pushover that they can take advantage of."

You need to think this way because High school is not the only place you will face people like this. In the business world, you'll run into folks who are exactly like the high school bullies. If you allow them to walk all over you, they will continue doing so with no mercy.

So, you're probably wondering "Then what can I do?"

You need to assert yourself. Tell these low-lives that you are not going to stand for the nonsense anymore. Look them straight in the eyes, and call them out for the cowards they truly are. You know, when people like this get called out for the things they truly are, most of the times they will stop whatever nuisance they have been causing you. Remember, to not make a ruckus or start a fight, or anything like that. There's a difference between asserting yourself, and trying to start a fight. And all this garbage about 'ignoring them' or 'pretending they don't exist', well ignore that crap. That stuff will only make you look like a defensive loser that lets people walk all over them. Do you really want to be known as a pushover who lets people walk all over you? Of course you don't, and I don't think anybody does either.

Heyy i know people who are like that in class!!specially since i have different people in my classes and in some i have my buddys who i talk toand obviously cannot stop talking, and in others im dead alone.But i mean, i would say ignore thembe like WHY DO YOU CARE? its none of your business, i'll talk whenever i feel like it!