xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

Internet Explorer 8 looks great and secure..but wait a few months and let's see if its still secure.. :)id stick with another browser.. Internet explorer has been always a major major pain in the *bottom* both for developers and users, I think they should just throw it away.

Between these two browsers, Firefox is the clear winner hands-down. Benefits:(1) If it crashes, the operating system doesn't crash with it.(2) Doesn't have dozens of exploits like IE.(3) Isn't vulnerable to bad ActiveX like IE.(4) Many more, and better, plugins.(5) Incredibly, it is also faster than IE (then again, what isn't?).Regards,z.

Firefox is definitively better, but I am experiencing some overloads and blocks when Internet connection is idle. I don't know why thishappens, while Internet Explorer 7 or 8 does not seem to have such problems. Well, I have had problems and seen bugs in IE8 but I think iexplorer has been improving in quality.

I love fire fox, its all i use. The first place I go when i install an operating system is getfirefox.com for you that don't know that getfirefox.com is it is basically just an easy way to get directly to the Firefox download link. I am starting to like Google chrome, I am a major google fan boy, and I always will be.

Its definitely firefox for me. When I usually format my computer, to download firefox I use internet explorer. Even during that time I hate internet explorer. It is ultra slow compared to firefox and the layout looks terrible. Firefox is much faster and bug-less.

I hate IE very, very much. Not only is it insanely slow it has always been very buggy on my computers. I guess because it's all connected with Windows and my computer is very packed with junk. I could blame myself for causing IE to be buggy, or I could just forget IE, use Opera and be better off!

Firefox Or Internet Explorer, that is the question...I believe the answer is.......Google Chrome!Sleek, stylish, good bookmarking, easy integrated downloads, tabs, address bar is a google search! I'm not going back to firefox or IE to be honest!!

To be honest I think everyone misses the one thing internet explorer has gotten right: the back button.All existing browsers except internet explorer treat the back button as a "link" to the previous page. You click back, and all your content is reloaded as if you were visiting that page for the very first time. Internet Explorer however retrieves the previous page from your cache - the way it should be!Thank you internet explorer!! oh, now just fix all the other problems you've got. Sorry iE, you're sexy and all with your sweet browser back caching, but that isn't going to win me over from google chrome :lol:

FIREFOX all the way, i love the tabs function, plus many sites do load faster in firefox. Firefox (compared o internet explorer, opera, safari etc) just feels better to use, more organized etchaving so many windows as in internet explorer disgustes me, plusss if your computer freezes or crashes, you have the option to restore your sessions! and it warns you when your closing multiple tabs.. pluss FIREFOX has so many updates, and fun plug ins, (such as skins etc)

FIREFOX all the way, i love the tabs function, plus many sites do load faster in firefox. Firefox (compared o internet explorer, opera, safari etc) just feels better to use, more organized etc
having so many windows as in internet explorer disgustes me, plusss if your computer freezes or crashes, you have the option to restore your sessions! and it warns you when your closing multiple tabs.. pluss FIREFOX has so many updates, and fun plug ins, (such as skins etc)

you do realize iE has had tabs now for some time right?

what i can't stand about firefox is that when i open a window in a new tab, it opens it at the farrrrr riiiiighhhttt of the browser. The last tab! What? No. Chrome has the right idea: open links in new tabs immediately to the right of the tab you're currently on.

Give me firefox any day! It's been a great browser right from the start and has been improving a lot, and is a lot safer. The add-ons are wonderful and that is reason enough for me to choose it over IE. I'm sure that many people who're using IE are complaining about it but are not switching to other browsers because they may not have the time to install a new one or some other reason like that.There's another reason for me to use FF. It's open source and not greedy. Even if IE had all the latest and greatest features in the world, I wouldn't use it, because it's history has been murky. Microsoft has been pushy with this browser from the beginning and that kind of attitude sickens some users. On top of that, there's the reason of it being the most vulnerable browser, no matter how many updates MS is feeding it.So whatever the market shares say, FF can beat IE with both eyes closed! :(