xisto Community
Digitalidad

Corel Vs Adobe. Which One's Better?

This is just sad other than the few who actually use BOTH software appliances, you really can't have an opinion. iGuest gave the best response. I personally have access to both and with out a doubt Corel Draw is Better for ANYTHING with layouts, page construction and vectors. Photopaint (PP)can do everything Photoshop (PS)can simpler and easier. Just not as good. For a simple example take the masks, PP has an actual button that allows you to select and objects boundaries and copy to another layer ... one button. PS has an intricate weaving of drop down menus you have to navigate, in addition you have to convert objects to manipulate where as PP you work directly on the layer. What PS does well is the feathering and gradients ... its a lot smoother and exports wonderfully, not so much with PP. In the end I prefer to stick with Corel as its cheaper, and you are limited by your capacity to learn a new interface, which is a lot more intuitive if you were not trained to do 10 steps for a simple effect or a first time user... the button menus just make sense. Everything in PS requires you to study a tutorial first, unlike PP and Corel Draw where you see a button for drop shadow and boom instant shadow ... with handles on the graphic for depth, angle, perspective and feather.If you have never used Corel ... try it ... A LOT of the simple work can be done FASTER and SIMPLER. Until you actually do ... please dont just comment for commenting sake!!

use corel becuse :because it is light! and can create vectorI can use it without taking a $4000 class, and still come out with about the same result. Also, I can save my files without crashing. And as the person above pointed out, I can create vectors without a plugin. Also, I can create font sets natively and export them to multiple formats without buying any extra software. I will admit that it isn?t as good with creating PDF forms though. I have to give that one to Adobe ? although the newer versions keep strangling that ability?.Corel is easier, a lot easier, to use; good for both pros. and amateurs like me. Corel is more simple yet it matches and is as powerful as Adobe.The good thing is that: I have both, hehe. I used Corel since Windows 3.11 and I?m more than happy with the facilities offered. I use it for vectors, for photos, for fonts.The reason is: it works. It don?t slows down my PC, and I will never go into Apple, cause I like to pimp my machine myself =)In my honest opinion, they are both even. I own both but generally use Corel because, like the above poster, it doesn?t crash my machine when I try to save. (And because it?s what i learned on ) meri marziI have both, and I tend to prefer Corel because it?s faster, and gets the same result. Just because Adobe is ?the standard? doesn?t make it better. Windows is the standard, and we know how THAT argument goes. Ease of use, One program does it all ?ie ? edit bitmaps interactively and EASILY in Drawwithout switching programs constantly ? flattening images is easy and reliable ?interactive fills and effects far better than Illustrator ! ?PRICE ? Corel doesn?t ?upgrade? needlessly every year costing you bundles of cash for minimal ?upgrade? ? superior drawing tools ie: curves etc? FAST FAST FAST ? doesn?t take up all of your system resources. You can do ANYTHING in Corel that Adobe promises?. faster, cheaper and more efficiently? Corel all the way! Whenever I use Adobe I cannot believe that professionals would use such crap and, worse yet, make it industry standard. If you were a sprinter would you wear gum boots? Well that is what adobe feels like when it comes to intuitive and ergonomic use. adobe may achive the same results but at what price ? in dollars AND discomfort.I think there is a simple reason for the ?professional? predominance of adobe. The unergonomic handling kept away the amateur competition ? it created a reason to use adobe. It is just a habit and an attitude of staying on trodden paths.Corel is very intuitive and fast and like a sprinter you want to use the lightest and firmest shoes? I find Corel much user-friendlier than Adobe, as one person said here, you can use it intuitively. I spend more time enjoying myself and thinking about the result, and not HOW TO GET to the result. The Corel surface is easy, logic, you don?t need an expensive course to use it.I was about to buy an Apple MAC, but not to be able to use my Corel has actually made me refrain from such a purchase.My theory is that Adobe is always advertised as THE DESIGNERS? TOOL because of a better marketing, and vice versa, that Corel made some marketing faux pas, but that in reality it all comes down to publicity rightly or wrongly used, and does not reflect the real value of both tools.When Corel announced that it was EASY TO USE for normal people and professional designers alike, personally I think that a lot of professionals in the design industry saw themselves threatened in their activity, by Tom, *BLEEP* & Harry using Corel. So they had to invent a ?superior? tool, only good for ?real professionals?.In Marketing, Corel should have put more emphasis on the use by professionals also, instead of only underlining how easy it is to use by normal people?Vector and Raster layer integration. This makes for a quick and easy job ? one that requires use of both photoshop and illustrator simultaneously if your using adobe, making it a much more gruelling and frustrating task.Reasonable Price, can do most of the same stuff about as well? don?t want to pirate software like most adobe users?why waste hours learning and watching tutorials? ? just get Corel and start actually making art ? CorelDRAW blends both AI and PS functions.Plus its cheaper CASE CLOSED_____________________________________________________________________________________________Reasons to go for adobe:nice for explore everything about graphic design and allow us to create something that we can?t imagine before It is the graphics industry standard. Easy to use (no classes needed?I am completely self taught). Most excellent online community to help with anything from tips to actual design. Adobe all the way. Corel is the red headed stepchild when it comes to Adobe. No offense to red headed step children of course. It is too much of THE standard and feature you can?t beat Adobe. And now with Macromedia as part of the team, well, forget about it! Adobe is the standard in professional design, integrated with every program in its suite, now CS4. And you can create everything from 2D to 3D composition. It also has greate compatibility with other 3D rendering software. There are lots of FREE tutorial to avoid $4000 clases. Far more features may increase system resources dependency but it is far worth it.User interface is many times easier then Corel and definitely when it comes colors. Able to view only the art board and use of shortcut keys is very handy not to forget about the Action panel.I use both, but if for a selection, then its adobe.User interface is many times easier then Corel and definitely when it comes colors. Able to view only the art board and use of shortcut keys is very handy not to forget about the Action panel.I use both, but if for a selection, then its adobe.Corel is inconsistent. Have tendency to crash very oftenWell I don?t use these types of programs too often but when I do my choice would have to be Adobe just because it makes sense when you look at the entire suite. I do alot more video editing but Adobe has the full spectrum so it makes it easier if you have to ?customize? images. As far as learning curve I think its relative. I use Corel as well and like it but just because of the full gambit in one suite is what tips the scale in Adobes favor.more seeders to pirate from

I agree to the last comment.I work for more than 15 years with both programmes, and since Corel was bought by adobe, they are destroying it.PhotoShop best for RasterCorelDraw best for curvesStudio max best for 3D rendersAutoCad best for project 2D conversion to 3DMaya best for Animation....the Best to a Designer is to know how to work with all of them.A Best Chef doesn't know how to cook only Fish....Yes... it's dificult, but if you don't want be the best, why try it?

Why would you say "I haven't used a program in a long time and it's a terrible program." I use Corel because I work in the awards industry. The vector aspect is wonderful for running a laser or CNC table. The integrated photo capabilities are great for use with sublimation and direct print printers. I haven't used Photoshop, so therefore "I HAVE NO OPINION ON IT." Seriously, if you don't use a program how can you justifiably make a comment on how well it works?

I agree to the last comment.I work for more than 15 years with both programmes, and since Corel was bought by adobe, they are destroying it.

PhotoShop best for Raster
CorelDraw best for curves
Studio max best for 3D renders
AutoCad best for project 2D conversion to 3D
Maya best for Animation....

the Best to a Designer is to know how to work with all of them.
A Best Chef doesn't know how to cook only Fish.

...Yes... it's dificult, but if you don't want be the best, why try it?

What do you use for spell check?

Without any doubt, Adobe Illustrator. Pen Tool of Coral Draw is just so pathetic :X

I'll toss out my vote for Adobe as well! "If you're going to do something, do it right." Sure, it costs a bit more than other programs, but when it really comes down to it, you're getting top of the line quality.

Now that Adobe is trying to trap us all into paying forever and never actually owning the software, a lot of people will be trying to move over to Corel, including me. I've been a CorelDraw user for 2 decades so I know what I'm up against when trying to go back to full time using Corel products. It ain't pretty. Corel does not produce software at the level of quality and reliability of Adobe. I hate Adobe for this new stunt, but I have to give them credit for the quality of their software.

What do you use for spell check?

FYI Adobe has never acquired Corel. Not sure where you got your info but clearly it is not true.

I have used both Corel and Adobe for years. Adobe is by far superior to Corel in every way except price. Due to Adobe's new Creative Cloud disaster, I have thought about totally dropping Adobe due to the fact that they are exploiting their monopoly on that particular market. The quality of Corel is just not good enough. The main reason for using Corel is to convert something saved as a Corel file to a .eps so it can be opened in Adobe. Other than that It is really a amateur tool in both photography and vector artwork. I am going to buy the licensed CS6 and hope that Adobe comes to it's senses with the monthly fee. That is ridiculous.

Corel Painter is easy to use and the results can be amazing. You only pay for it the one time. If I had to choose between CorelDraw and Adobe, I would pick Adobe. Subscribing to the Adobe Suite is well worth the money.

I've used Corel since version 4 - now its at 17. I find the UI to be way better than Adobe. There are pros and cons with both. Exmaple.. In Corel I can just do things way faster and easier. In Adobe your page size is annoyingly limited to I think 273" (approx). Adobe has way more users so therefore you'd be able to transfer files to most designers without converting them. And so on and so on...

In my personal opinion I'll stick with Corel. Knowing what I know now, if I could go back to the old days I would've gotten better acquainted with Adobe. But most importantly, I would've studied to be a neural surgeon or a lawyer instead of what I'm doing now :)

So, seems that "which one is beter" is not the important question.

The important question is "which one do you prefer?" and "why?"

I started with Corel because it was sold with my brand new computer some years ago, and I got used with it, so now Adobe looks very complicated to me, and does not perform what I want to do. Nevertheles, I guess that if I had learned Adobe first and started using it during several years, I would have got the exactly opposite opinion :)