xisto Community
Digitalidad

Corel Vs Adobe. Which One's Better?

If you are referring to vector programs Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator, well for me I prefer Corel Draw because:

1. Nodes are more controllable.

Which is basically the most important thing for me when I create a vector image, and I think is also the point for vector programs: Controlling the nodes.

Don't get me wrong, AI is easier to use specially if you are already familiar with photoshop. (Well, it's like the vector program version of photoshop) There's a wide variety of brushes to be used (that is not available in Corel) and it's like converting bitmap images to vector made easy. Managing colors like gradient and Filters are a plus factor.

But there are tons of downloadable vector images on the net that you can just download. So easy, everyone can do it. Premade vector artworks.

For Corel, once you get the hang of working in it, you'd find that there's a lot of things (preferably tricks) that you can do in there wherein you can't work with in AI. You can work on your own vector image, your own one that will not look like "they've seen it somewhere else" kind of stuff.

Easier to control nodes will make it all possible. You can break a line into nodes and make that one line into a ship, a logo, create your own font or into a portrait of a person.

My point is, in Corel, you can create vector images, as in Create them, not edit. It's like giving you a paper and pencil, rather than giving you someone elses work and plagiarizing it. The gui must be hard to get used to at first, but it is real easy, even more easier than AI if you get used to it.Just an opinion. ^^ In editing photos I prefer Adobe Photoshop. It's good to be familiar with other programs may it be vector based or bitmap, so you'd be able to switch between the two. It wouldn't hurt to also learn how to use AI and Corel. Makes the artwork look good. ^^

-reply by chocknut

No way Gimp is better than photoshop. Gimp is a good program for learning basics, but when you wanna go higher, if you aim a professional life, then adobe will provide you with the best tool. Yes it costs a lot, but for a reason. Its a professional tool. Reliability and excellent file handling surpass what corel can do.

someone who say he uses Gimp for work will simply be laughed at. Ive been working in graphic design and illustration, and trsut me, there is no Gimp in a serious and professional company.

As for Corel, well... Old school graphic designers still use it, but when it comes to printing and sending files to a printshop, Corel is a risky choice, and it will bring frustration the graphists who receive a job made in this program. I wont argue on Corel's tool proffessionalism, but Adobe evolved so much with the CS serie that it's now ridiculous to compare this tool with another one. Also, EVERY time I receive files made in corel from a customer, I always have to rework it for a couple of reasons: color handling is bad, there is always corruption or color mismatches when it goes out of our printers. File formats tend to be bogus, and 2 of our high end printers have problem ripping files made with corel. Another thing to mention is document sizes. I don't know why, but the document we receive are never the appropriate size ! You want a banner that has 32'' by 144'', but the corel file gives you 31.898'' x 143.800''. WTH

The only solution is to try to import it in illustrator or photoshop (or even indesign) and remake an eps out of it. Seriously, save yourself the hassle and work professionaly with adobe.

You can do a lot of things with Corel , some with Gimp, but if you designing is you daylife work, then forget these 2 and get the right tool. If you wanna toy around at home, then I suggest Gimp since its free, or Corel since its cheaper. I totally agree, adobe suite costs a lot, but what you can achieve with this is far beyond what you will ever do in another program.

I used them all, a lot, and it always comes down to adobe no matter what.

-reply by Samholy

Well, I've used Corel for years now, but I really must say that Adobe is the better option. If you could get one of them for free you should take Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. As all of you already said, Adobe is expensive, but it's worth the money. The only bad thing about buying it is that they come with newer programs and updates all the time, so if you are gonna buy Adobe you should wait for the CS4 version. I promise you, it will be worth the waiting.

You've also said that if you want to go professional, you don't have to choose the one most used by the pro's. If you have 9 years of experience that program might as well be the best one for you. I have much more experience in Corel than Adobe Photoshop, but since we use Adobe Photoshop at school, I just have to adjust and try to be as good with Adobe as I am with Corel.

Good luck with choosing and I hope my response helped you! (-:

-reply by Tina

Both the software companies have good products and have their target audience. Adobe purchased macromedia company. Because of this they got edge with software's like flash, dreamweaver under their belt. So corel can't match with some of the top-class software's that adobe make. But still there are some software's which are considered as better than adobe and are from corel. Like coreldraw is very famous among graphic developers. Corel painter ships with almost every tablet softtware. It is considered as best tablet graphics software. There are alternatives to corel painter like alais sketchbook but at the end corel painter rules the tablet market. This is just because of free promotion. In case photo manipulation and effects, there is no alternative for adobe photoshop. I don't see any competitive feature from corel side for this. Besides that dreamweaver is most famous product, is any product from corel side ? . Flash being open platform is used in corel's flash animation creator program as well. This program is bundled with corel draw, but it's not that effective like flash. I don't see much competition between adobe and corel as adobe is ruling with flash/flex/air platforms. Corel have some good and worthy products to look for and gets the job done. So it depends on getting work done sometimes.

Corel is for vector drawing.If you need to manipulate with colors and do very much effects use Photoshop.They are two very good software and you can't choose one they have other options.Adobe is very popular and have very much products.Can't vote for one!

I prefer to choose AdobeMaybe like some of you guys, I have a terrible experience of first-launch trialAnd that just too terrible that made me feel like a fool :PAt some point, i see that corel has good advantage at making graphics such as logo, symbol, trace (or whatever it called), and so on, while adobe has great quality at image editing in general. :P

Corel vs Adobe? Both have their meritsCorel Vs Adobe. Which One's Better?

I am a professional designer and have worked extensively with both the Adobe CS4 suite and the Corel GS's from 9 until x3...Both have their merits. Right now, I use CorelDRAW mainly for vector-work, however, when I need to turn Autocad line-drawings into closed path objects, I use Illustrator's Live-Paint feature.But, when ease of use is concerned, Draw beats Illustrator hands down. Illustrator misses basic things like multiple pages, guidelines that can be rotated and also the manipulation of objects like stretching,scaling, flipping and rotating works much more intuitively in CorelDRAW than in Illustrator.Illustrator does a GREAT job however at tracing bitmaps. Corel has CorelTRACE built into Draw since version 12, but that was a MAJOR downgrade from the originally separately installable CotelTRACE that was available until then.I have worked for years with Corel PhotoPaint (Not to be confused with Corel Painter, which is something completely different) And can do almost anything I want with it. However, since version 9 Corel has dropped the ball with Paint ad it is now far inferior to Adobe Photoshop.Which is a damn shame, since around version 9 it was a serious competitor to Photoshop.The last couple of years, Corel has been focussing on it's Flagship app. Draw too much (IMHO) and neglected the other great apps that they had in the suite, of which Trace and Paint are the most important ones.Draw is getting more and more functionality that you can only find in Indesign and Quark Express, turning it into not only a GREAT vector-editing tool but also in a fairly good Layout-app. Even the editing of bitmaps, though only in a limited way, has been incorporated into Draw.Now... If ONLY they would bring back Trace like it was in GS11 and put a little more effort into Paint, Corel COULD very well overtake the Graphic Design business...That, and terrible customer support, is -and has been for years- been holding Corel back...GS9 was a revolution and shook up the graphics-world but since then, it has gone down hill. If Corel keeps this up, they will eventually fall all the way down. Which would be a shame.

-reply by Pengwyn

I think both are good but I prefer to use Adobe than Corel because Adobe has lots of programs such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and etc.

I've been using Photoshop happily for the last 10 years. If I had to name one reason (and only one) why I would never convert away from Photoshop, it's because with Photoshop I can create anything that I can imagine, with the only exception being 3D elements, which I use Blender for (free, open source).Not only that, but I can create most things that I'd like to create within a matter of just a few clicks, and there's an endless array of feature/option combinations to achieve just about every visual effect imaginable.As for other Adobe products, I've used InDesign and Reader as well. All of my vector work is done within Photoshop, so I've never had a need to use Illustrator (PS handles vector manipulation very well these days).From what I hear, Gimp sounds like a good option too, although I'd never personally make the switch to it for the reason I mentioned earlier.

source of pound sign Corel Vs Adobe. Which One's Better?

in which source I draw the sign of pound in coral draw/word or any software.

-reply by Yasir

Hi,Corel graphic suite is the best when you're working together of vectors and bitmaps and you will get wonderful results. A little bit of practice and knowledge of graphics is required. CorelDraw allows you to create multiple pages with in a file where as Illustrator does not. For the second page you either create another layer (risky) or go for a new file. In corel you do not have this hassle. Another wonderful thing in Coreldraw is that you may draw guidles in every angle apart from vertical and horizontal. But most buetiful part of Corel graphic suite is that of printing. You may print also with steps and repeats with complete control. So on... So I prefer Corel Graphic Suite.Khapare M N

I prefer Adobe for a couple of reasons:1) Out of all the programs (including Corel) it seems to have the most featuresand2) It's the industry standard -- if you plan to do any graphical editing for companies you are more often than not going to have to use Photoshop