xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baniboy

The Real Connection Speed

You don't really have to worry too much about it. Usually the first visit might (or can) be slow but anyway after that all the images from your web will be saved as they told to you, and next times it will load same old images unless you told browser not to do so.

So when a client visits a site, the compressed version of the site will load into some temporary folder. but do the images load with it in the zip file or does it load as an image itself (not compressed)?
Don't worry about flash, I don't use it and anyway it's file sizes are smaller than a average image thanks to vector grfx. :D

It doesn't get sent as a zip file(images), and instead are sent in their normal format but in a compressed version. As soon as your PC receives it, it uncompresses the image back to the normal size, which is when you view it. That's why even on broadband some sites take a while to load - all depends on the number of images being compressed/decompressed.

In my example before, the zip file was an already compressed file, therefore it could not be compressed again before sending it to you.

.html, .txt, .jpg, .png, .gif have the highest compression ratios as far as I know(Meaning they will be shrunk the most before being sent to you).

That converts to ~500 KB/s down while downloading the other stuff. Nice connection. I've never gotten mine to 500 even when downloading just one thing, XD

Lol thanks,

I try to do most downloading of games in the night, I buy them in the day pause the download and then once I go to bed leave my pc on and start it.
But sometimes I have a one off and download a few games in the day :D

Babol SpeedThe Real Connection Speed

Hello. I live in Babol city in Mazandaran in north of Iran. I am using about a week a new free download station in Shabakeh coffeenet in front of Nooshirvani University , it is lan speed 10.0 Mb and 1 Server PC and 7 user Pcs. My download speed is between 20 kbps to 90 kbps in most of the times.My home internet is 56K but the download speed at my home is between 3 to 4 kbps. I am not satisfied from Internet speeds.-reply by Hossein