xisto Community
stefan_pavikevik

Mac Os X Tiger/leopard/snow Leopard

What do you think about this OS? I was an user of Modified Version (Hackintosh/OSX86) which works on PC. It is great! I like this OS! Who uses this OS too? It is very good OS! So I love Apple! This OS is secure, fast, innovative, with good look and design, stable, without many bugs. :P Anyone other use this OS? What is your opinion about this OS? This OS supports Intel Processors too. I also want to be Apple Certified for this OS. This OS is very good for the today life! Regards to Apple! :D If this OS, wasn't good, it'll be not modified to work on the PCs. But this OS is very very good! It is simply the best. The most known versions (series) of this OS are:

Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.x), Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.x) and the newest one, which is still under development - Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.x). I used Mac OS X Leopard. It was very very fast, stable, secure, with good graphics rendering, even on slow machine. This is also the OS of the future! So here is some references about this great OS:

http://www.apple.com/macos/sierra/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This OS have also an Server Edition, which I use for my servers. It is good as Linux Server Distros.

I hope you'll like this OS!

I heard about Hackintosh on CNET and researched a bit about it. According to LifeHacker it is used more than get this Linux is used. I like OS X and I would love to use a Hackintosh, but there are a lot of glitches with it and not the mention the fact I'd rather not be in a gray area when it comes to something as important as the legality of the OS you are using. I would love to use it in the future on an older computer possibly, one that reminds me of an Apple Computer, like this XPS Laptop I am using, once it gets really old, I'll turn into a Hackintosh, its more than enough to store what one knows about it. Apple is always innovative in their approaches. They are able to secure an OS with maximum security. It has a simple control panel and the more advanced features of Windows is simplified. Setting up partitions, RAID Drives, changing your Harddrive, its all so simple with Apple. The other thing I like about it is that you can only use it with an Apple Computer, so the computer is never involved in OSX ratings, as it is standard under Apple.I love the Dock, its amazing. I can find everything quickly and search for my programs and looks amazing. From a designing point of view this is the best feature OSX has to offer. Its quick, simple, and lovely to use. The graphical interface makes the buttons go larger as you move, so older people will easily be able to find their programs if their eyes are failing. The server edition isn't something amazing, because there is no language or a platform that is only OSX, so a Windows Server would do much better at holding a server, thats my only flaw, and also Linux may do a better job being free. I hope that Apple makes a platform that is more than just what is at the moment, and makes the server edition more famous.The coming soon Snow Leopard will change Apple and make OSX just that better. I am hoping that it will support much more customizing, as right now there is little modding that there is to be done. The Dock is as it is, and for now you can't change anything that hasn't been cracked or edited in some sort of way just like Windows 7 is.All in all, OSX is one of the best OS around, and I hope that it improves enough to challenge Windows and help to convert people who are avid Windows users to something where you can learn faster and much more information-based ideas.

I don't know about you guys. But i have observed one thing that. Apple is using names in Cat fammily ,opps tiger/et al. And on the other hand Ubuntu linux used some versions nickname or codename as from Dragon's folklore names. Interesting for me as most of the operating systems giving mythological names. No wonder one day, Microsoft giving it's OS name as Medusa. and giving Blue screen of death for the illegal operation. Macintosh giving name of "Hekate X" and get heats up on battery and processr for excessive CPU/Power usage :D.

It was a time, 1 year ago, when I was using Hackintosh 10.5.2. It was great to use that OS, as I said on the first post. Now I use linux, because I sold that computer, and I was collecting money for buying two new computers. The first one is Mac Server, and the second one Laptop PC. I can say that Mac Server runs smoothly! It is great! First when I used Hackintosh I started to look at all features. Before Hackintosh, I was using Windows XP, but it was with many bugs, problems and other bad stuff... I wasn't impressed with XP. It is a rubbish. But when I started to use Hackintosh (More known as OSX86) I was very impressed. First let discuss some things about the dock. It is innovative and it makes your work on this OS very easier. You have access to all Documents, Applications and other things from one Dock. And I really like the animations on the dock, which are also great! Another specific thing is that, that all programs are made for Mac OS X too. Even some Microsoft programs are made for Mac OS X too. It is secure, because it doesn't have so many viruses, as windows have. It is also very fast. Windows XP is very slow because of unsecurity and other bad things.... As developer, I can say that Mac OS X is very good platform for developing Mac OS X and iPhone applications. But on Windows, you can't develop so powerful apps as you can on Mac OS X. Mac OS X is also good for business and companies, because it have proven reliability, security, performance, tools, applications and etc. for making jobs done. With one sentence - it is an OS for all everyday needs.P.S. One Apple a day is good for you!

Upgrade Tiger 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard?Mac Os X Tiger/leopard/snow Leopard

Decided to upgrade my Tiger OS to Leopard, but I found out Snow Leopard is coming out in September, probably worth waiting for.  Can I install Snow and skip Leopard totally??  Will this be a problem? 

Thanks for recommendations.

I see this post is a bit old, but maybe someone is still interessted, so....:Depends on your mac model. If it's an older one with a PowerPC CPU (e.g. a G4) Snow Leopard won't work. If it has an Intel CPU, there should be no problem and I would recommend to skip Leopard. Snow Leopard is not that much different to Leopard, but it's faster and just subtile better :angel: I use a hackintosh with Snow Leopard now. Had lot's of problems with Leopard, but bought a retail snow leopard anyway and it was worth it! No problems anymore, runs like any Mac Pro!

Great news to hear Naehqwien. I also run hachintosh on my HP Pavilion DV5-1153ei on Leopard 10.5.7 at the moment and considering upgrading to Snow leopard ASAP. How did you get the retail Snow leopard working on your OC and whats your PC config? Please give me details where possible.Thanks in advance.

I have been wanting to try a Mac OS but a Mac is too expensive for me. I have tried emulating it on my laptop with no avail. I see that some of you that successfully deploy a Hackintosh. I wish I could do so too.