xisto Community
OpaQue

Design Trap17 Contest Make a Design for Website and earn a link Back

Very clean and user friendly. I'd tone down the blue though. Not as much, or make the background a darker hue. If people are going to spend a lot of time on your site, it needs to be easy on the eyes. Make the parts you want to pop the bright blue but keep the background gradient fade to a deeper blue. Otherwise your eyes need to shift to something else after awhile.The logo needs to stand out a lot more. It needs a color. Not blue.

Here's a snapshot of the current rough draft i'm working on. I have another design idea, but this design alone took hours just to design it in the GIMP, and it'll take more hours to code all of the pages, so if i were to make it, it would have to come later. I shrunk the image down just enough to see the site and so i won't have to waste any time putting a watermark on it. Concerning the logo of a lock (if you can see it), i have an idea that could be furthered with it. That is, the letter "a" in Xisto could take the shape of an opened lock. Once i'm done with this template and all the pages, i plan on making a tutorial on how i modeled the lock in Blender.post-8528-1236280924_thumb.jpg

I find it truly fascinating how creative some of our members are. These designs are beautiful!

Here's a snapshot of the current rough draft i'm working on.[...]

post-8528-1236280924_thumb.jpg

Please re-upload that image truefusion, I'm getting an error when attempting to view it.

Please re-upload that image truefusion, I'm getting an error when attempting to view it.

Works for me. However, i uploaded it to my website just in case it for some reason still doesn't work for you: click.

Crud, I think I might have to throw some more designs out there so I get to win :-p. Btw I think that your previous attachment only works for moderators and admins, possibly because your a mod.

Works for me. However, i uploaded it to my website just in case it for some reason still doesn't work for you: click.

Very nice layout truefusion! I can view it fine off your website... But still the same error for the attached image.

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.
What, are regular old spammers members like me not allowed to view attachments uploaded by mods or something?

Oh well...

Very nice design by truefusion. I think its probably the best one so far. I have started mine early on but I went for a code and design at the same time method. I just went and added things as I went along with the initial idea of header and there columns. Since there was no deadline and I had other things to do as well I did not work on it as much after the first two days but I will post the screen shot just for you all to see. I don't think I will continue it unless I have time and am sure I can come up with a better design :D. at this stage its pretty plain but the layout is exactly how I wanted it.

Posted Image

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Nice work fusion, I am going to make mine in Photo Shop CS4 as you can do fantastic web designing in the program and I hope it should be a successes :) !