xisto Community
candlelight

Subliminal Messages In Songs

Hello all. I'm very curious about something. When a song is played in reverse, (in certain songs) does a singer/rapper really incorporate subliminal messages? Or does it just sound like something is being said. For instance in Rihanna's song Disturbia when played in reverse, some argue that it sounds like she is saying " please release me, I'm dying in here". Others say that she says "let me go" WTF? Also Led Zeppelin's song stairway to heaven, supposedly he's sending satanic messages as well. And in one of Tupac's songs he's telling people that he is alive. Well...It really sounds like he says that, but then again I am not to sure. Do you think people read into it more than they should? Or do they really send us messages in music to play with our minds? :D

Posted Today, 12:40 AM Hello all. I'm very curious about something. When a song is played in reverse, (in certain songs) does a singer/rapper really incorporate subliminal messages? Or does it just sound like something is being said. For instance in Rihanna's song Disturbia when played in reverse, some argue that it sounds like she is saying " please release me, I'm dying in here". Others say that she says "let me go" WTF? Also Led Zeppelin's song stairway to heaven, supposedly he's sending satanic messages as well. And in one of Tupac's songs he's telling people that he is alive. Well...It really sounds like he says that, but then again I am not to sure. Do you think people read into it more than they should? Or do they really send us messages in music to play with our minds?

As someone that loves music I have to wonder sometimes of all this myself. Yes I have listen to Stairway to heaven. Myself? Nothing was there other than a bad beat. Now I do know for a fact though that when your in alot of stores the music that you hear playing will have something hidden in it telling you to buy this or buy that. As for Rihanna, and Tupac? No, and I will tell you why. For the lovely Miss Rihanna, She is on top of the charts with anything she does. Yes people will read into it, and think what they want or hear what they want. As for Tupac, much the same way. he had a lot of big time fans, and with him being gunned down the way he was. again people will hear what they wanna hear. It is the same with say Evis. After he died everyone was playing his music backwards, or at double speed just trying to hear that he was not dead or it was all a joke.
'?

As someone that loves music I have to wonder sometimes of all this myself. Yes I have listen to Stairway to heaven. Myself? Nothing was there other than a bad beat. Now I do know for a fact though that when your in alot of stores the music that you hear playing will have something hidden in it telling you to buy this or buy that. As for Rihanna, and Tupac? No, and I will tell you why. For the lovely Miss Rihanna, She is on top of the charts with anything she does. Yes people will read into it, and think what they want or hear what they want. As for Tupac, much the same way. he had a lot of big time fans, and with him being gunned down the way he was. again people will hear what they wanna hear. It is the same with say Evis. After he died everyone was playing his music backwards, or at double speed just trying to hear that he was not dead or it was all a joke. '?

Interesting....

This is what I'd call a very old set of urban legends :DQueen - another one bites the dust - played backwards says "I wanna smoke mari...na", some songs by the Doors; even songs in Spanish like Jose Jose's "Volcan" and many others. I think people just looks for hidden meanings for fun and there's nothing there. But there are also songs that really have a hidden backwards message on purpose, there's one by Gloria Trevi, but I don't remember the name... I remember once a guy told me that his brother used to consume drugs and listen to a song about a snake by the Doors and that when he has under the influence he could hear the hidden instructions for something -getting even more doped I guess-. I asked this guy "BTW, does your brother speak English", he replied "No". No comments... :D Now, there's a book about subliminal advertising that says that supermarkets play messages at a very low volume at the same time as the bg music saying "I need to buy more" "I shall not steal" and stuff like that. I wonder if it's true. That same book has many more examples of subliminal messages used in the cinema, printed ads, etc. Try and read some of that stuff just for fun :P

As I understand it, playing a song backwards and a subliminal message are actually two different things.In my opinion though: Led Zep was a fluke, I can hear something theree but really it isn't coherent enough. Pink Floyd n the other hand have done some pretty weird stuff as well as the (obviously intetional) hidden mesage in the wall to the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz theory....

Yes of course some singers have done it on purpose to show people what they now about the music but only some of them, most of them are just something made by chance, and if you look peoples are trying to find something in a song that has nothing :D ,one of the examples is Disturbia from Rihanna , i heard it reverse and nothing at all ! these are something different with that from Pink Floyd which have made a song just knowing each aspect of it and they have done a great thing, the secret message was brilliant and this shows what ideas Pink Floyd had in their minds. this is really amazing and i was hoping to hear some more of them but i didn't find any, why just musicians do not try to put some songs in their album which is only playable in reverse ? doing this will give us some fun, and if they do that i think software makers will try to make their players capable of playing a song in both directions, so when you get an album and you didn't understood the song in forward then listen to it in reverse and this is just amusing and will have a good effect on selling their albums.They can even do more on the speed ratio, so when you get an album you have to find its speed ratio to be able to hear it correctly, these makes listening to your favorite song more enjoyable and makes you work a little for hearing your song. some months ago i was searching to see if i can find any song puzzle that you have to put each bits of the song (each bit some part of the song like 3 sec of it) to make the song complete and then hear it but i didn't find anything, i don't know if there is anything like this or not but it is not a bad idea, it is just so easy these days to listen to you favorite song and we can get them easily so it is not a bad idea to make it a little harder :D so maybe this way we can show each other that rel musics worth to solve puzzles to hear them. i found some type of puzzles but they where not like what i said, they where about finding the name of the singer by hearing a sample or completing the lyric of the song but making of a song from its bits i think is a little more like a puzzle rather than trying to say the name of the singer which can be reached by using a software.

As someone that loves music I have to wonder sometimes of all this myself. Yes I have listen to Stairway to heaven. Myself? Nothing was there other than a bad beat. Now I do know for a fact though that when your in alot of stores the music that you hear playing will have something hidden in it telling you to buy this or buy that. As for Rihanna, and Tupac? No, and I will tell you why. For the lovely Miss Rihanna, She is on top of the charts with anything she does. Yes people will read into it, and think what they want or hear what they want. As for Tupac, much the same way. he had a lot of big time fans, and with him being gunned down the way he was. again people will hear what they wanna hear. It is the same with say Evis. After he died everyone was playing his music backwards, or at double speed just trying to hear that he was not dead or it was all a joke.'?

Who cares if they were two popular artist doesn't mean there isn't subliminal messaging in it. Many stars put subliminal messages in music to get people to buy their music. But now it's more of a satanic thing, music is becoming bad because their our hidden messages that artist want to throw in our faces! I'm not saying don't believe anything about subliminal messaging, i'm saying be aware that it's there. The more listeners a artist has the more possible they are putting subliminal messages in there. Just be aware.