xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Games In Dos Show your age. whats your favor dos game

Okay it is time for the elder group here to show there age haha. Digging through some stuff the other day I found a bunch of old Dos Game. So I put them in the PC and been reliving old and good memories. questions is simpleWhat is your most favorit DOS Game of all time and why?Myself it is a toss up between 2 gamesDuke NukemWolfinstineBoth of them are much alike I know but just down right fun. yea yea I know the graphic are down right Yucky and the sounds are poor. but hey There still fun.

I didn't like any of the FPS genre games in DOS. Really. I never liked it for some reason. The game I played and like the most:Alladdin: Its a 2d platform game. The reason I like it is because it has a great story line and truly immersive, fun filled and enjoying. My second favourite is Prince of persia which I have always been playing even today, in its gorgeous 3d versions.I consider "Dangerous Dave" as the classic game ever created for DOS. The author John Romero created a truly challenging and compact game.

I have to say Duke Nukem, Star Wars: X-Wing and Star Wars : Tie Fighter were my favorite DOS games since those were the only ones I really own or played with. Tried to get Tie Fighter running on my laptop but I guess technology has its drawbacks :D.

My first computer had Windows 95 but I had some vintage games I liked a lot. For example Maniac Mansion and Outrun. Do you remember them? The first one really rocked though I played it more in my brother's NES than in my PC.

I'm quite a retro gamer, even though I usually years ago played with my Amiga, but those games also have DOS versions on Windows/PCI could start with lets say these games, the order does not say anything, as I really liked lots of old games..UFO Enemy Unknown (aka XCOM Enemy Defense), Reunion (from Amnesty Design), Civilization I and II, Sim city, Settlers I and II, Beneath a Steel Sky, Monkey Island I and II, Queen of Amazon Jungle, Simone the Sorcerer I and II, Myst, Labyrinth of Time, Wings, Dune II, Syndicate..Oh, I seem that I could go on and on, as I played it so much when I was 8-14 years old and I still prefer old games, even though I play some non-DOS games too now. :D

The only games I clearly remember on DOS were "Spot"(Yes, like the 7up one,lol...) and...I don't remember the name of the other one for sure. I think it was The Oregon Trail though...Where you are playing as pilgrims or something and are traveling and you have to keep the people alive as they get sick, get attacked by animals, get hungry, etc...

My first PC was a Tandy with dual 3.5 floppy drives (actually, one was replaced by a HDD). I played Indy 500, Lemmings, hangman. Now my favorite is for Windows 95/98. It is Quake 2.

hands down....the ultima series. i am surprised nobody mentioned them. those games were ahead of their time. we are talking 80's(25 years ago)

Okay it is time for the elder group here to show there age haha. Digging through some stuff the other day I found a bunch of old Dos Game. So I put them in the PC and been reliving old and good memories.

questions is simple

What is your most favorit DOS Game of all time and why?

Myself it is a toss up between 2 games

Duke Nukem

Wolfinstine

Both of them are much alike I know but just down right fun. yea yea I know the graphic are down right Yucky and the sounds are poor. but hey There still fun.

thank, questions is simple

Edited by rassen (see edit history)

hey i remember many games in dos which i was playing when i was a child. my best game was oxyd magnum, i played it for many months and some levels was really hard and needed much thinking to solve some of higher levels puzzles. another game that i liked too much was doom which was my first FPS game experience in dos. actually enemies wasn't clear at all only some pixels with different color of the background but it was really fun, the most fun part of this game was it's sound and face of the character in below of the screen. and i think everyone knows the game named "Secret of the monkey island" which was a great dos game but i always had crashing problems with this game and i never finished it.