xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixinno

Windows Live Messenger 2009

Hii was recently "forced" lol... to install messenger 2009 build 14.0.8089.726.However, i hate having my display pic appearing on the sign on screen.. anyone knows how to remove that? i tried looking for the usual patch, but the one i found for this version did not allow me to remove the display pic. Also, anyone knows how to clear the drop down list from the sign in box that normally shows the past email accounts that signed on to messenger?Thanks...

I am also forced to install Windows Live Messenger 2009 build 14.0.8089.726 on all of my PCs. I think 20th September all computer ask to upgrade Live Messenger (I am using XP professional) Then I downloaded wlsetup-custom.exe and run setup. I only choose Live Messenger but it takes lots of time to download and install. I tired doing that and I archive and extract offline file and able to install other computers without download. If you want to look how I do that go to my blog (puneye's Blog).If anyone has any idea using older version of MSN messenger successfully on XP then please help me. I am also tired RAM problem on computer. Remember I have to use Video call on MSN.

I have the same problem.

after I installed the 2009 version my computer has just gone totally bodge. I have a windows XP with SP3 and the latest internet explorer and ever since I have not been able to access my control panel and my Avast! AntiVirus system is also appearing not to work along with my Windows Security Alert system!

I have already e-mailed Microsoft and not received  a reply

New Update of Security W Live Messenger !Windows Live Messenger 2009

Hello from France ♫

I just wanted say that since Microsoft sent its New Update of Security Messenger (October 15 2009) well, my W Live Messenger ( 8.1) is completely broken ! I can't open it anymore. I think it's because I don't have at least the SP 2, ( My computer refuses it for an unknown reason (??))... 

It seems so that Microsoft sent this new Update without think that many people throughout the world didn't have the 9 version of W Live Messenger. Personally I only have the 8.1 version,  since nor the 8.5 nor the 9 version work on my computer. There are even some persons who still have Windows 98. So it seems Microsoft have forgotten this '' detail ''.  I written them and they told me they know that many W L Mess. Are broken because of this new Update of Security. In the meantime they find a solution, they advised me to remove my actual version and download the 8.5 or 9 version. However as I don't have the Sp 2 well, it's impossible to me to install  one of these 2 versions !!.. Right now I use the 4.7 version ( about security I think there is better !!) .. I don't like Webmessenger...

Ok, think for reading this and bye bye  /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

Catimage

-reply by Catimage

as everyone stated before, bloated with useless software and gimmicks such as windows file sharing which no one probably gives a damn. And whats this? under locals~1application datamicrosoftwindows live contacts lies cache files up to 200+mb taking up unnecessary space, I keep deleting but so long as u use msn it will return. Not to mention the resources it use to run even in background. The downfall of icq was because it headed into more bloated useless software and ads, seems WLM is heading the same direction for the same fate.

msn 14.0.8089.726 crashingWindows Live Messenger 2009I can chat, but I can not share photos, share a file, send a file when I do msn closes.I have xp pro sp3Any thoughts?-question by missy

I hate the new messenger.

I had to actually hack the old version to trick the servers into think I was using the new one so I could keep using the old one!!!

why?

because I can never get it to work. even with a system re-format

When I sign in non of my contacts are there and if I try to add someone it will say "You're done! it looks like doesn't use messenger yet we have sent them an email invitation to them" and if I try to add the same person again it tells me that that person is in my contacts already which they don't show up on anything... and if I sign out and back in and add that person I get the same "it looks like doesn't use messenger yet" message. I have been trying for a long time to solve this with no luck and others have had the same problem.

I have had enough of Microsoft's tomfoolery with its own software, so I just use Pidgin in Ubuntu for all my accounts. Now in the new version of Ubuntu Pidgin is replaced by Empathy but I still prefer the former as its feature-rich and saves logs of all chats, and even has that file sharing thing! So down with Live Messenger 200-whatever!

I hate this new messenger, I have tried to avoid using it by downloading other versions though you can't login as you have to update to the latest version. The latest version of Windows Live Messenger 2009 is a complete shambles for MSN. This messenger is slow, Errors like Microsoft OS style! One good point about the messenger is that I like the Look 'n Feel of it. Seems to be light and a smooth texture to the windows of it. Though I may use pidgin as this is way to slow for me. Pidgin is a messenger manly for Linux/Ubuntu. It can be used on Windows XP+ and seems to be a lot better than Windows Live Crap Messenger :). I would recommend using this instead of Windows Live Messenger if you have lots of problems which it seems most of you do.

I posted a tutorial on how to use the old messenger but it wasn't approved.... or no one has looked at it yet

Just be a little patient - the mods must be busy - and the concept sounds interesting although I'm not a real fan of any version of MSN - prefer to use pidgin for all accounts

doesnWindows Live Messenger 2009

I deleted a contact by mistake once and got that same error. EvenThough they could see me fine, I could never see them on the list orOnline. I had to get them to re-add me as a contact to resolve theIssue.  I initially tried to delete a double entry of them on my list.They were in two groups for some reason and I deleted him from one andIt removed him completely. The new messenger is a memory hog too. I amMaxed on RAM, 3 gig processor with a new motherboard, (don't ask techDetails..I couldn't tell you)  in XP Pro and it still lags. Also, ItHas the slowest virus scanner known to man when files are transferredThat I can't seem to disable. HORRIBLE

-reply by reader

Deleting MessengerWindows Live Messenger 2009

I have just set up a new computer which has Windows 7. Each time the computer  starts up I get a pop up window for Windows Messenger. I do NOT want messenger on this particular computer and the pop up is a real nuisance!!  How do I stop this pop up or delete whatever is causing it???

-reply by David South

tying it together with your email is easy. Using windows live mail, you automatically add contacts from all email accts, and invite them to messenger. I've gotten none of the errors mentioned in other posts, it updated easy. I just uninstalled the old 1 and then installed the new 1. I love it. Trying to talk all my contacts into trying it. Vid calls and voice calls works flawelessly.

Yeah Iwas excited too about the new layout and organization of WLM and gotten use to it, even though they copied most of the ideas from yahoo messenger :). Either way, this is by far the best version even if it does keep logging me off from time to time and to me that is very annoying
Well there is know simple way to disable the photo sharing application, however, there is a way to cut it off for good and that you need a hex editor for this to work.

Odds are Microsoft will frown on this but so far it seems to be the only working solution to this problem.

Hello,

strategy for errors of type "x.dll is missing":

1. put the name of x.dll as it's shown in the error message into google search
2. you'll probably find x.dll, probably among the dlls at http://dllcentral.com/UXCore.dll/12.0.1111.1005/download/
3. Download the according *.zip, unpack it, copy the contained dll into the same directory where the *.exe file of the program which was looking for this dll is located (the installation folder). You'll probably need admin rights for this. The program should look in its installation folder for needed dlls and find it then.