xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Antv912

Will Power How much do you have?

The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action: championed freedom of will against a doctrine of predetermination.

I think I have a lot of will power, if I feel I can't do something I sit and think of the goods and bads of the certain situation, and I choose the best one and go with it. How much will power do you have? What can you accomplish with the power of your mind, and determination. Edited by Antv912 (see edit history)

I don't know about willpower,but I'm definitly stubborn.If one could retain this stubbornness and losethe impulsiveness,then one could indeed develop willpower.Theres phsical factors and elemental factors involved too.For example,yesterday I went out to the store,but because of the coldweather I went to the more expensive store because it is closer.I should have ignored the cold completely and gone to thecheaper store but I didn't have the willpower.

Mmmm not as much as I would like... Sometimes I'm really determined and do all the things I have and want to do efficiently, but sometimes even though I know I have to do certain things I just do nothing and at the end of the day I feel bad because I have too many things and none of them are complete, so is like all or nothing, it's frustrating sometimes... laziness is really troublesome...

that's the thing will will power. being detemand. to set yourself ready to do what you must do, and stick with it. For me it was taking my 1st steps on a walker. 1 simple step, then two then three. I was determand and had the will power to do it. The mind is a funny tool, once you have the will power to set your mind to do something, there is not anything that can stop you from doing it.

Well I don't have vary big will power but yah I can wait and due to that I wait vary long for the right situation I like to do the work in small steps although I understand that this life is vary short for the small steps but i don?t like taking big risks.................

Will power can also be said "I have the drive to complete this" and so forth and most of the time I have the drive but I really don't want to do the hard work.

I do have a lot of willpower and i know it!I am not stubborn or anything of the sort but it takes a lot for an obstacle to defeat my persistence!I dont think being stubborn comes inside even the broader bracket of willpower.Responding to the question of hardwork in relation to willpower , I think the 2 are linked. Willpower requires hard work as most often we have to push for something to happen and its rare that it can just happen withput such investment of hard work and persistence.Thats just what I think.

I believe that willpower is Ambition is cleaner words. Ambition has been made out to be back. Will-Power is the drive one has to pursue their goals. That willpower is only determined by length of their ability, over their hardwork. Without some natural ability hard work is pointless and your willpower to do something that is beyond impossible, won't be able to stand up.

I measure will power with choice over feelings. If I want to drink coffee but I know I should drink milk. I choose milk over coffee. Stay up late at night and the alarm goes on, Do I choose to get up or switch it off ? Do I have what it takes to do what I think I should do or do I favor myself with pleasure over feelings and desire and comforts ? This is an interesting topic which is a big issue for me. I am learning to have a greater will power. ;-)

Dear friends I think my will power is very good. Here I would like to narrate some thing I exactly don’t know whether it might be treated as your will power or not. Some years ago I was a non vegetarian. I loved chicken based dishes very much and I was not able to even think of my diet without chicken. At that time I was very fat and my weight was around 90 KG’s. I was very happy with my eating habits and loved it a lot. One day for the first time I went with my father to the chicken market, I was doing my graduation at that time. It was the first time when I went to the chicken market and my father when ordered a chicken to the shop keeper and he said my father “sir please wait for 15 minutes, I will make it ready for you.” and we sat on the chairs which was placed over there. I was continuously looking at him as to know what he is doing. He took a chicken and showed to us and then using his hands only he killed the poor bird and within minutes it was cleaned and changed into peaces. After that he packed the whole thing into a poly bag and gave it to me. With my father and this packed chicken peaces I came back to my home, gave it mummy, she prepared it as she did it for years. But that day when I sat for the lunch, I don’t know a special type of a feeling was there in my mind. I was not able to enjoy the chicken the manner in which I did before. In the same night I saw that chicken in my dreams also. ?Dear friends from that day onwards again I had chicken many times but every now and then I remembered the chicken which I saw that day. And continuously thought of leaving non vegetarian at all. But the problem was the taste of chicken was my biggest weakness. This situation continued for about five more months. It was a very critical situation which I was facing. I was feeling like two of me are fighting with each other inside me. One was the person who liked the tasty chicken very much and the other was the one who don’t ever liked violence. At last one morning I decided to bring this situation to an end. And decided to be a pure vegetarian, and I conveyed this message to my parents and my brother also. It was a bit difficult for me at the initial stage whenever I remembered the taste. But slowly with my will I managed to succeed and now I know that I am a pure vegetarian. ? :P