xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Wal-mart Its going downhill

BUT do you know how much they made?They have made $267,000,000,000 (Billion) or a million (I forgot)They have made alot!20,000,000,000 This number represents the amount of money Wal-Mart has saved American families since January 1, 2009 and IT IS INCREASING!So its a suprise that they will be going down!I think they won't....

I beleive the quality is going down.. But walmarts in my area are expanding. New ones are being built and regular stores are being converted to superstores.. But I hate to see there is no one with the "May I help you" tag around here. There are a hundred cash counters but only one or two have people in them. It seems as if there are just 4 people running the entire store. Out of which two people are at the entrance greeting.

I honeslty can say I love Wal-mart. I know their wages are really low, and they are taking jobs away from Americans, and all that other good stuff, but aside from that: They're cheap mang. I would've lost so much fricking dough if I would have been shopping at Wal-mart. Hell, I probably wouldnt be living a nice life like I am if this was true. So yeah, Wal mart may be hurting America, but it ain't hurting me so I ain't complaining, yet....

Ok, dont get me wrong, Wal-mart has some down sides and it also has up sides.But, judging Wal-mart on one store isn't accurate. If you want to get your words out, create a poll so that you are including a more variety of Wal-marts rather than the one that you go to. Different Wal-marts have different management personnel, just like any other company. Just because one Wal-mart's cleaniness or one Wal-mart's customer service isn't that well doesen't mean that all of them are like this. Also, some people are helpful, some are not. If one person gives you an answer that you're not looking for, go ask another person, and dont judge the whole store on that one person.If kids leave things in the wrong aisles, it isn't the sotre's fault is it? Its not like they are going to leave it there if they see it, but give the store a chance. There are like what? 150 people in the store at the same time? And how many employees? like 25 on duty at once?------------------What I agree on:------------------Wal-mart becomes a headache when you're trying to locate something.Wal-mart has some stubborn employees.Wal-mart dosent have that great of a restocking process.Wal-mart has pretty good prices, though.

WalMart...is it going downhill?Wal-martIs WalMart going downhill? I would say yes and no. They are expanding and building new stores, as well as upgrading the older stores. Since I used to be an employee of WalMart, I do know they're trying to change some things. Yes, they do have a reputation of how they treat their employees, not the greatest. They're not exactly taking our jobs, either, but they also have discontinued many items that a lot of people used to buy, or so I've noticed. Either people are using a similar product, or going elsewhere to purchase their favorite things which WalMart no longer carries.The stocks at WalMart haven't been very good for almost a decade, and won't pick up again until the economy goes back up. I do think a lot of WalMart's downfall is since they treat their workers poorly, the customers wind up being treated poorly as well. Of course, none of us have to work there, if they really hated WalMart so much, they could leave.They hired me after my husband left me when I was 6 months pregnant with our son. I worked there until I had him, and 6 weeks later, I came back after my doctor cleared me. They were the only place who would hire me pregnant, so I do credit them with that much. They got me through some tough times as well, giving me employment while I was a single parent. Unfortunately, a lot (not all) of single parents I've known working at WalMart didn't appreciate their job and treated customers poorly.They do need to focus more on taking better care of their employees and their customers. If you don't keep your workers happy, the customers won't be happy, either.I'd say they have a better chance than other retailers.-reply by Christina Nunn

I shop at Wal-Mart a lot. Maybe that's because I'm a waitress and they have low prices though, haha. I've never really noticed a lack of quality in things that I buy there though. In fact, I've noticed that if I take care of the things I own (and I do), they last a lot longer. That goes for anything bought at any store though. I think Wal-Mart gets a bad picture painted about it because of the fact that they've become so huge and they've taken over so many towns. I must agree, it's sad when little stores have to go out of business because Wal-Mart moved into town. My local towns though still thrive with Wal-Marts in them. I think that's because while people will go to Wal-Mart for certain things (for me, I buy personal care items and clothes, and sometimes groceries there), but they will stick with the mom-and-pop stores for other things. I don't use the pharmacy at Wal-Mart, I use the locally-owned one here in my town. That's just an example based on me - others would be different, obviously. Wal-Mart definitely has some good points and definitely has some bad points, but I'm pretty sure they're here to stay. Although I am disappointed at the fact that they run local businesses out and will cheat their workers (which is why I personally wouldn't work at one unless I absolutely had to), I can honestly say that if it weren't for Wal-Mart, my wallet would be a lot worse off than it is.

Edited by SaraInWasteland (see edit history)

Some of the things you've said I have witness. I haven't ordered medicine from there but I just know in general pharmacies are bombarded with orders all the time and it takes time for fill orders and package them, they have to call to the doctor to make sure the prescribed medicine is right because you know doctors have bad hand writing. There's checking insurance and coverage for medicine. Sometimes there's not enough employees to do all that. But too add on Walmart isn't that much organized either so things take a long time to complete. Some of the employees I've seen are working and they don't have on their blue vest or name tag to say that they're from Walmart. They have long waiting lines for checking out. There checkout kiosk machines are messing up all the time and they actually put that in there to make the customer check out time faster, more like it takes forever. I've been to a few Walmarts around the metroplex in Dallas and surrounding cities and it all depends on the location. Sometimes you see messes are when they're really busy or its late at night and they're trying to stock which is more important. I'm just glad there is a store out there with cheaper prices than some stores and its all in one not just a grocery store. Albiet some of there electronics aren't up to par with the other stores but then again they're affordable.

I will admit, I do shop at Wal-Mart and I love the fact that they have low prices (I'm a waitress so as you can imagine, the lower the price is on something, the better). However, Wal-Mart has declined so much in respectability that it's not even funny. Why do you think Wal-Mart gets ripped on all the time as a bad place to shop, a "low-class" place, if you will? Because they have lowered their standards on just about everything. The quality of the things they sell has gone down, as well as the quality of service at the stores. Nine times out of then I will go to check out and the cashier will have that "I really don't want to be here right now" look on their face. I'm imagining that low wages have something to do with that, along with the fact that they will hire almost anyone who walks in. In one way, that's good because a lot of people need jobs - but in another way, it's bad, because then you end up with a lot of people who don't go above and beyond the job description, they only do as much as they have to in order to keep their job. Also, as stated before, if you ask where something is, good luck getting a clear answer. I'd rather just search for it myself these days than ask because I'll probably find it quicker that way. So sure, they have low prices and that I do love, but I would really love to see them go back to the way they used to be. True, courteous people working there and a place that made shopping a decent experience instead of a nightmare.

walmart is my friend and always will be. i have never run in to any sections that are filthy. i support walmart 100% because of their low prices and these stores are pretty much everywhere so it makes it very convenient to shop there. the one or two things i'll shop elsewhere for are the produce, and some meats as i can get better prices elsewhere for those items and also sometimes a better variety.recently however, walmart has rasied their prices. i am assuming this isn't isolated to the walmart stores though. everyone at walmart has always been friendly. sometimes too friendly because at times, it seems like i am at a used car lot when i am hearing "are you finding everything ok?" or "can i help you find something?" ever 5 minutes but i will live with it since i know they aren't trying to sell me something.i just bought a new laptop from walmarts in missouri and let me tell you something. there was no cheaper price for it. not even online. that says ALOT about walmart. also, one of my buddies has an ebay account. he does the majority of his business on ebay at christmas time selling christmas stuff. do you know where he gets some of his items to resell on ebay? WALMART haha and he jacks the price up 25% and makes a nice profit from a few items that he knows you can't find cheaper items elsewhere unless you want to buy bulk.i spend about $200 for groceries there. it lasts one whole month for me when i shop for groceries. and they are FRESH. i have never run in to any problem with anything NOT being fresh...except maybe their fish dept. as far as non food items....everything is cheap. why go to sears or best buy etc....if you can go to walmart? walmart is even cheaper than costco and you have to pay to be a member of costco and a lot of their stuff is bulk. i love looking around costco though sometimes you find some good deals.whoever doesn't like walmarts must have had a bad experience there. oh well. go pay double somewhere else then :P

As evil as it is to feed the Wally Conglomerate Machine, I frequent Wally World because, for the most part, they do have a little of everything, plus it's cheaper there. Being on a budget all my life, it's hard to go anywhere else without wondering if I'm actually saving or spending more.It works out for most people nowadays to go to Walmart to get their stuff, because they do sell cheap stuff (in quality and in price). But you get what you pay for, and sometimes more. I have things that have lasted me years and I have things that break within a year's time. But that's not the fault of Walmart... that's the fault of whoever makes your product. Cheaper brands are a hit-or-miss with things... you just have to figure out what, and by experience and other people's experiences. I never shop for electronics at Walmart because I always research the crap out of it, then try to get it as cheap as possible online used or refurbished (on eBay or using Froogle). Also, for TVs and other electronic hardware, they usually snag the "lower end" of brands (Vizio for TVs) with a few showcases of the decent end with "better" brands (Samsung, Sony)... but they never have the "good stuff." (Not knocking Vizio, because they do have good TVs, but the brand recognition for them isn't really there... yet.) Same with furniture... it's all Mainstays, Basics, and whatever brand there is for cheap furniture. (If you want something that'll last you a while with normal wear and tear, go to a discount furniture store... unless you're not that hard on pressed-wood stuff, which has also lasted me, personally, a while, but not so much in a lot of cases with people I know.) All the small stuff is not bad as long as you take care of your things... but for the most part, you can't really expect lifetimes of use out of things you got at Walmart. A decade or so, at best... methinks.When it comes to food, I don't expect the freshest stuff ever, and therefore, I'm not disappointed. It's good enough for me. I don't care that the meat isn't freshly slaughtered. I don't care if the apples or the oranges are slightly older than what I could get at a farmer's market. Dry goods are dry goods. Food is food. I'm not that picky and I can live off of Great Value stuff, but that's me. If you have a particular taste for things and are a connoisseur of food, you're already doing an injustice to yourself and complaining about Walmart's quality is just redundant and stupid.The customer service is fine by my standards. You're greeted or not at the door, you're greeted at the cash register and either they don't say much or I strike a conversation with them (or joke with them), pay, grab my stuff, and waltz out. I don't expect a heck of a lot out of people because I know they're doing their jobs. They're trained to be friendly but where's the sincerity in that? If I have a Walmart person come up to me to help me find something, I would rather have that than one that really doesn't give a crap about something I could have found by myself anyway. Most likely, too, that person proactively coming up to me will have a clue as to what he or she is talking about, instead of me snagging the nearest person coming out of the warehouse and asking him where medium-sized Kotex with wings can be located or what the difference is between this LCD HDTV and that plasma HDTV. People that complain about customer service seem to be pretty picky themselves and probably need to be reminded that the world doesn't revolve around them (unless they're big enough to warrant a gravitational field :P )... but of course, it's a different story if someone is outwardly rude. And if they are with no good reason, report them and be on your way! Stop being butthurt and continue with life already! And if you're really complaining that much, stop going there and go somewhere else. Obviously they don't want your business, since you don't want theirs.

1)They re-date meat. This was on multiple news reports, and you can tell if you check many packages because they often just put the new sticker over the old. It's sickening to lift up a label to find that they extended the date by 10-15 days, and that it should already be expired. Other stores do it as well, true, but not all do.
2)Their support has been getting much worse. I remember being able to walk in needing a certain item, and ask just about anyone in that department where to find it and I would get an answer like "Isle 3, down at the bottom near the middle." Now when I go ask about things(and this is something that happened to me last week) I get the run-around. I get told "Oh, that was moved to lawn and garden," and then those people say "Uh, it was never moved here... It's still where it's been in *Area you were at here*." This happens more often when they are re-organizing than anything, but regardless you would think that people would either admit that they don't know, or would tell the truth.

3)The place is getting disgusting. The floors are dirty, the shelves are always disorganized. Obviously children and even some adults will just toss random items on the shelves (like milk, meat, etc.) but still, it's getting worse now than ever before. Even the bathrooms are getting sickening.

4)Their pharmacy people will make up stuff. I was there to pick up a prescription one day and they said it would be 20-30 minutes so I waited an hour. Was told 20 more mins...To cut a long story short, I slept on the bench there for 5 hours before I finally gave up and left. The next day we called in and it still wasn't ready. That's just ridiculous.

Now, these are things that I have noticed about *ours*. I want to know if the same thing is happening with you all's as well. Because how it seems right now is that just like Microsoft, Wal-Mart has learned that many people are dependent upon them and therefore couldn't care less about their customers anymore. They know that no matter what, people will still go there.

Sadly, I'm one of those people. If there are items for the same price at Wal-Mart as elsewhere(or less), and especially if it deals with electronics, I would go to Wal-Mart in a heartbeat. Why? Because of their "No questions asked" return policies. I've yet to have even *one* issue with returns.

Enough about me. Your turn!

oh... thats why my meat also made me throw up ? But i never saw stickers over sticker...I dont believe that one and i totally agree with you on the other points. walmart is turning into a faceless idiot-run fraud company and the mangers don't a *beep* about the customers! I brought dvds and they never worked right! and they never let me return it because i tore the stickers. :P