xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

E Mail Re: Mycents an E mail I got today of mycents

The Mod staff has been advised by PM that all is good with the world.Sort of...It seems there is a glitch in the MyCents code that is affected by some of the criteria used in issuing the initial MyCents for each Posting as it relates to the Search Engine Optimization Module. On occasion, the Module awards MyCentsbased on the content of the Post and then subtracts it the following run of the script. Opaque is determined to squash the bug and have the problem go away.The short version is that the MyCents giveth and the MyCents taketh away. Essentially, the MyCents corrects its own excessive awarding of Credits.Please continue to be patient while Opaque sorts it all out.Thanks.

The Mod staff has been advised by PM that all is good with the world.Sort of...

It seems there is a glitch in the MyCents code that is affected by some of the criteria used in issuing the initial MyCents for each Posting as it relates to the Search Engine Optimization Module. On occasion, the Module awards MyCentsbased on the content of the Post and then subtracts it the following run of the script. Opaque is determined to squash the bug and have the problem go away.

The short version is that the MyCents giveth and the MyCents taketh away. Essentially, the MyCents corrects its own excessive awarding of Credits.

Please continue to be patient while Opaque sorts it all out.

Thanks.

thank you JL your the man. now if we could just use some of our mycents to buy a big can of bug spray for opaque we we would have it made.

It seems there is a glitch in the MyCents code that is affected by some of the criteria used in issuing the initial MyCents for each Posting as it relates to the Search Engine Optimization Module. On occasion, the Module awards MyCentsbased on the content of the Post and then subtracts it the following run of the script. Opaque is determined to squash the bug and have the problem go away.

The short version is that the MyCents giveth and the MyCents taketh away. Essentially, the MyCents corrects its own excessive awarding of Credits.

Thanks.

Wow!! that is all I have to say and it makes sense since it seems to be randomly affecting people and not everyone but alas odds are though finding the spot to fix the problem will be a lot harder then we might think. It is funny though when this did take effect the larger the post the more you lost, but hopefully now we know what is doing this, we will all gang up on it and beat it into submission :P.

Thanks.

Does this mean that those who are missing mycents really aren't because they weren't meant to have them in the first place?

Or is this saying that they get credits, then lose the ones they just earned, leaving them behind where they should be?

It sounded like the second one, but a confirmation would be nice on that, :P.

Does this mean that those who are missing mycents really aren't because they weren't meant to have them in the first place?

My interpretation of the issue suggests that this is the case rather than your second choice. And Saint Michael is correct is suggesting that this bug won't be easy to find and squash. Please be patient while Opaque works his magic.

It will be fixed when it is fix and so there is your deadline on when this problem will get fixed and yeah the second process would make more sense as the first one would only apply to spammers or people caught spammer or not using the proper BBCodes.

It will be fixed when it is fix and so there is your deadline on when this problem will get fixed and yeah the second process would make more sense as the first one would only apply to spammers or people caught spammer or not using the proper BBCodes.

You misinterpreted jl's response. It was the opposite of what you just said, :P. The people who are "missing funds" aren't because they shouldn't have had them to begin with.

Which also means that a lot of people are going to be unhappy because they thought they had more money than they really had.

More or less if you had $20 "taken," it wasn't supposed to be there anyways. So you didn't really lose it, it was like a loan.

Haha, so basically the myCENTS has been overcalculating how much you should have... You see if everyone could know what the formula for earning myCent's was it would all be fixed. I think that opaque probably needs to revise the code and the formula for earning myCqENT's if people are earning way to much.

Haha, so basically the myCENTS has been overcalculating how much you should have... You see if everyone could know what the formula for earning myCent's was it would all be fixed. I think that opaque probably needs to revise the code and the formula for earning myCqENT's if people are earning way to much.

That is what he is currently doing, :P.

I'm just wondering how much it is going to affect our earning as compared to how much we were previously making.

Okay all with the problem that we have been having of the mycents. Yesterday after losing I sent in a ticket on this matter as requested by 2 of the admin here in Xisto. below is the letter, from Shree

This should I hope clear of all conffuion of this.

So do I understand right? What really matters is what you have on account at your Xisto Client Area (Xisto - Support Billing) and that will not be affected by what is going on with the myCent here on Trap 17.

Correct Mich.The most important number is the one at Xisto - Support/billing. That value determines the amount you can spend. The Forum Mycents fluctuate a little right now. Opaque is busy working on the issue as we speak.

I lost about 300 mycents aswell, i thought it was a big forum clean up or so, but i didn't spam and i can't see why i lost so much. Maybe some replies to spam posts were deleted or os :/

I lost about 300 mycents aswell, i thought it was a big forum clean up or so, but i didn't spam and i can't see why i lost so much. Maybe some replies to spam posts were deleted or os :/

You're not yet registered to the myCENTs system. It's impossible for you to have lost any myCENTs without being registered.

I like your thinking S_M. It will be fixed and back to normal. I have faith in all this as well as everyone should. when I started this topic and showed that E mail I felt as it would help people to understand what was going on, and that everyone would know it is being worked on. but then there people who want things fixed yesterday not really knowing what goes into fixing these things. True I really don't know everything myself but I do know a little bit of all this coding and things. You put and dot or a dash in the wrong spot and thats it. buggerville.