xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Eye Jewelery? Seriously?

Okay I've seen some stupid things in my day, but I think this is one of the dumbest.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I don't understand WHY someone would do that, I mean, it can't be comfortable, and it can not be anywhere close to safe! Besides, it's not very attractive, and you'd set off the security alarms at an airport. And of course not to mention you couldn't let your peepers anywhere near magnets. . . that'd have a rather disturbing result. . .

What do you think?

.........Wow...I'll pass on that.There are other places that I find to be...Awkward too though, so it was only a matter of time.I think the reason a lot of people do that stuff is because it gives them bragging rites : "Look what I did. I dare you to do the same!" or whatever.I honestly doubt anyone does it for any real purpose other than showing off,lol.

Okay I've seen some stupid things in my day, but I think this is one of the dumbest.

I don't understand WHY someone would do that, I mean, it can't be comfortable, and it can not be anywhere close to safe! Besides, it's not very attractive, and you'd set off the security alarms at an airport. And of course not to mention you couldn't let your peepers anywhere near magnets. . . that'd have a rather disturbing result. . .

What do you think?

OMG LMAO Stupid see's and stupid does comes to mind. pardon the seeing pun. gives me the creeps really.

okay, that is slightly ridiculous, i cringed just looking at the photo. sharp metal things near eyes doesn't sit well with me. And plus, they don't even LOOK nice :P If i saw someone walking down the street with that, I would be thinking "what in the world?" rather than "oh pretty!"

Well my first response would be OH MY GOD CALL A DOCTOR! when you see metal sticking out of someone's eye. I don't care that this dangling from a contact lens I would think that the weight alone could do some damage but even then whoever thought this is even a style or even cool should lose there eye sight if they had one of those in there.

Of course, to make things more interesting check this article out about eye tatoo's and it should make you cringe some more. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=

I seem to remember watching some random documentary on tattoos in general a while back. While I'd never get one for myself, I have to say that some of the techniques used are damned clever. Sure, the very concept of having eye-tattoos worries most people - me include - but I'll admit when I first saw the results I was actually quite impressed. The particular person I saw received blue ink in the white parts of their eyes (and not just dots, either, more like the blue that you see in the film Dune (spice eyes?), but darker. Anyway, after months of doing parts of their eyes blue (one portion at a time, of course), they wanted to take things a step further...Glow in the dark tattoos, anyone? Now imagine those tattoos...in your eyes. Tiny little glowing specks on a dark blue background. Possibly one of the freakiest things you can do to your eye, as I highly doubt it's reversible. To be fair, anything done to your eyes purely for cosmetic reasons (contact lenses and laser-eye surgery I'm pretty fine with in principle, although I've never needed either...yet) has got to be one of the weirdest concepts out there. Still...not my body, I suppose, so they can do what they like to their own one.

At first glance, eye jewelry is pretty ugly, no matter how pretty the piece is. That's just in my opinion, of course... different cultures have different ideas of beauty.The eye tattoos, however, can be pretty cool. The gripe that I would have with that is that it's very distracting... and it's not good for a "professional" look or business application. (Then again, that's my/the general idea of professionalism.)If they can make these sort of things temporary, like FX contact lenses that you can put in and take out, then I think it would be kind of neat. (Then again, they already have FX contact lenses... but nowhere near the consumer level, as a pair of these special lenses can cost hundreds of dollars.) The eye jewelry is just too much... not to mention that it will give people another thing to worry about: breaking fingernails, chipping nail polish, and pulling jewelry out of your eyes. :P

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

I couldn't see myself getting eye tattoos either...I didn't even know about those. I know that some people use colored contacts but...To actually tattoo your eye? I wouldn't see it being worth that much pain...

I once had black contact lences, they looked so cool, and I scared the hell out of my teacher :P:D :Pthese contact lenses apparently suspend tiny jewels from strands of wire. Why don't they just but a cowbell hangin there? :P So we can here from far when the coocoo eye guys are comin heh.About the tattooing an eye, how does that happen? what if you move your eye accidently when you're being tattooed?I can't imagine how it must hurt when you're being tattooed, IN THE EYE since it hurts alot (I've heard) even when it's your arm or some other body part. I think that kind of activity should be illegal before people start stucking diamonds in their eyes. Imagine a robbing situation: "give me all your jewelry or I'll stab you!" "hey you back there, gimme that sapphire in your eye!" :P

I once had black contact lences, they looked so cool, and I scared the hell out of my teacher :P:D:P
these contact lenses apparently suspend tiny jewels from strands of wire.
Why don't they just but a cowbell hangin there? :P So we can here from far when the coocoo eye guys are comin heh.

About the tattooing an eye, how does that happen? what if you move your eye accidently when you're being tattooed?

I can't imagine how it must hurt when you're being tattooed, IN THE EYE since it hurts alot (I've heard) even when it's your arm or some other body part.

I think that kind of activity should be illegal before people start stucking diamonds in their eyes.

Imagine a robbing situation: "give me all your jewelry or I'll stab you!" "hey you back there, gimme that sapphire in your eye!" :P

lol, nice little fantasy you have there.

On a serious note, I'm pretty sure that it is very painful. So who would even come up with the idea of doing that in the first place, much less be the first test subject?

I can understand to a point the people who have it done *after*(although I still find it..Messed up) but the first person to have it done has NO idea what kind of effects it will have on them or anything. I, for one, would definitely not be that trusting. "Hey, come burn my eye and let's see if we can make a picture come up. If I go blind, so-be-it."

I'm wondering if they tattoo "$" sign in my eye, then it would be like in the cartoons haha!

"Hey, come burn my eye and let's see if we can make a picture come up. If I go blind, so-be-it."

I guess a blind guy could do it as the first test subject, but the problem is that they won't know if the tattoo made him blind or not.

You know some crazy guys who tattoo that they love someone and tattoo it in the *bottom*, and then they can't get rid of it even when they wouldn't be with that girl anymore.
I was wondering if this leads to guys tattooing their girlfriend's portrait in their eyes, that would be some serious brakeup that they couldn't handle, after all, their loved one is always in front of their eyess hahahaa :P :P :P

What do you think?

I am still laughing my you know what off over this. I passed that site on to a few other people I know and they all got an eye full lol and all agreed Stupid (see's) as stpid Does.

I think the girl in that picture is just doing somethingto be different,to stand out in the crowd.My former girlfriend,who I haven't seen in two months,who I don't want to see again,had an eye lid piercing.It looked really good.She said it was never any problem either withvision or comfort.

Just having a glimpse to the picture I had to move away, this is something more than ridiculous if you assume. Well as I said earlier the women of today have already overdone themselves in making themselves look gorgeous, but tell me friends even in our wildest imaginations did we ever think of something alike. It hardly looks beautiful to me maybe these would make a good name for themselves in horror movies.

I would never even try that or even feel that makes anyone feel slightly more beautiful. Eye jewelry has got to be a joke. In reality though people will do anything to be the next big thing in fashion or style. Its pretty much the only section left of the body that hasn't got any jewelry on it. You have the nose, and then you have the belly rings, and other places you wouldn't show off all the time. I believe those are just some of the more insane places you can put it. I'd imagine setting off so many alarms where they would check up on the eye rings. You would have to take them off everytime. Tattoos on the eye are crazy, but I wouldn't mind getting colored or designer contacts. I would actually buy that. I have contacts now but I would buy something better than that, and crazy. In reality though, if you friends began doing this, and it become the next big in thing, would you do it? Its more or less peer pressure, and this is more on the girls, and if it really seems cool would you?