xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baniboy

Any Other Drummers Here? Or Any Other Musicians?

I've been playing drums for 1 year now and I love it. What I wanted to know is that are there any other drummers or people who want to learn how to play drums here in the forums?I would love to talk about drums and music and stuff. Does anybody here play any other instruments here? I play a little piano too, I'm self learning it.

hello :P i play guitar for about 2 years now. electric guitar. Also i love to make electronic music using Samplitude, and some vst like fm8, Vanguard, Nexus etc.I was wondering when i started with Xisto why there is no forum section dedicated for music creation or musicians.Anyway nice to met you.

Nice to see some other musicians here. One of my friends plays electric guitar too, we usually make songs together. I think there should be post count for music section.

Ah.. Music is just purely awesome.I have been playing drums for about four or fives years, and I absolutely love to play drums, but I tend to not have a lot of time.I am in my school's "advanced" band, which has some odd 20 members, and we play regular concerts, and we play as a pep band for basket ball games..If you have a drum set, baniboy, which one do you have? just curious.

I have yamaha electric drums in my room. They aren't real drums but they are ok. I can't play acoustic ones since I don't want to annoy the neighbors. What kind of music you play/want to play. I play the songs that are programmed into the drum module and I usually hook my mp3 player with my drums and play on the songs.I really like to listen heavy metal but it's so hard for me to be so fast on drums so I can play only the easy songs. :P

What series of Yamaha electric drums do you have?
I have played from jazz to heavy metal..

I found my favourite just to be latin and rock, they are fun..

Check out these people they are a great inspiration:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've got DTXPRESS 4 DRUM TRIGGER MODULE but I don't really know the what model the pads and the rack are, it doesn't read anywhere :P

Latin must be fun :P

Do you have a drum set?

I play guitar,bass and sing also.I like electric or acousticguitars,depending on what you're playing.I've played all kinds of different music,though I'm more rock based when it comes right down to it. I don't play drums,but I do program a drum machine.An ancient yamaha rx-8.I still like it.

I am the worst drummer in the world! Well, probably because I'm more a voice/guitar person, and I've not been around kits much.Out of curiosity, does all that coordination stuff take a REALLY long time to get down, or do some people just have it? I'm useless past a basic rock beat, and I wonder if it's worth it for me to try for anything more. :P (I also sort of play the piano... well enough for me to enjoy it, at least).

I am the worst drummer in the world! Well, probably because I'm more a voice/guitar person, and I've not been around kits much.
Out of curiosity, does all that coordination stuff take a REALLY long time to get down, or do some people just have it? I'm useless past a basic rock beat, and I wonder if it's worth it for me to try for anything more. :P

(I also sort of play the piano... well enough for me to enjoy it, at least).

Well drums are quiter easy to learn(the basics), I got interested in drums at school. I'm pretty much drumming on the tables all the time.

I'm very terrible at singing and stuff. We have a piano in our house and I sometimes play (easy, actually very very easy) songs with it.

Everything is is hard at beginning, but once you start, you don't want to stop. It is definitely worth it.

Hi Baniboy,I play drums too. It's cool that u're also learning the piano; I heard that at the music school they preffer for their drum-students to choose piano as their second instrument. Something to do with the notation being the same. I have never went to music school, which by the way doesn't mean i disapprove. I gathered my 'knowledge' from books, the net, mags, other players and of course: playing! As much as possible! If you're looking for some 'fundamentics', I suggest the book 'snare drum rudiments' by Buddy Rich. He's a jazz giant, and don't be fooled: modern music wouldn't be what it's today without him, and a lot of others from the 'golden oldies' :P I am a believer in that every musisian should be aware of it's rich history, and not just be stuck to one 'form' or 'discipline'. Example: the double-bass drum, nowadays so widely used in metal 'n such, was first used by Louis Belson in... Jazz. Anyway. this is not meant as a lecture, but more as an encourigement! Play on dude!

I'm a musician. I play guitar mostly, I've not played the drums much, but I would love to. I can play some basic stuff but once the Kick gets involved, well I'd need a bit more practice. I've done some electronic music with Fruity Loops and other tools also. I play a bit of piano, but I never practiced in more than 2 or 3 week spurts. I did manage to learn "Linus and Lucy" though, a real fun (and quite difficult for a newbie!) song to play and most people recognize it which is good.

I listen to a wide range of music and my interests seem to change often. I started out liking punk rock and classic rock like any good little guitarist, then heavy metal, than I mellowed out with some rootsy reggae and jazz, then I recently realized that I'd been missing out on some great Blues guitar playin'.

've always liked a good rhythm and often experiment with using "world rhythms" for my little practice sessions.

Frank T, that is a nice little bit of knowledge.

I don't know if there are any classical indian music percussionists out there, but there is an excellent software called SwarShala and helps with the learning of indian instruments like the tabla. Course, you have to own them first *sigh*.

I have some great ebooks on music, and I know where to find some on drumming if anyones interested, which I didn't download myself, because let's face it, I'll never get around to reading all 10000000 of the ebooks on guitar playing and that's my primary thing lol.

I have some great ebooks on music, and I know where to find some on drumming if anyones interested

I would love to know where. I am taking lessons, but it's summer now and I don't have them, so finding more material to practise would be a great thing!
You can PM me, or just post it here, if you want to share the info of course.

:(