xisto Community
OpaQue

**** Read Before You Post! **** THIS MAY AFFECT YOUR HOSTING CREDITS

no offence but how are u moderator when u have just posted three times :o  :D  :D  Lol, thats freaky and wrong, u dont have the capability to be moderator as ur dont have the time to even post at this forum, so why tell us to post longer when u urself dont post at all!!!

64358[/snapback]

I somewhat got a free seat yes, because I am a mod at Xisto. The reason I don't post here, is simple. I am here to check things, to read posts, after a few hours a day reading posts here and on Xisto, I tend to feel not so talkative LOL. I spend more time actually reading posts, checking if they are copied, editting posts on foul language etc, then I can give time to write posts.

See, the thing is, doom145, mods may not post a lot, but that does not mean we don't contribute. I spend several hours daily just reading posts... That's why we are mods, it's not just posting, it's answering questions, checking if posts don't violate rules, if they're copied, foul language,... I also have a life offline, I watch my 4 yr old sister, I teach her to write and read, I clean house, I cook dinner, ... And I try to make me a carreer.

And for the record, feel free to search my posts, they are usually longer than just one paragraph :D

Umm, are we restricted to posting tutorials about tech-related things? Can I post a tutorial on mobile phones or gardening (lol just an example! :lol: ) or something else not related to web designing or programming?

It does seem like a lot of rules to follow, specially to a newbie to the site. But I guess I will follow it since it offers the platform for me to develop my application..moreso, because it entails academic value for me.

Can we post a tutorial here, and then when we get hosted/have time make a prettier version of that tutorial for our website, or If we made a tutorial and posted it on our website, could we then also post it here(simplified, copied, revised, or otherwise), so more people get the message, so to speek?As long as we wrote the tutorial ourself in both cases.

"Regarless of where the content came from, if it's from a different site, you must QUOTE it"

If you took it off a site(even your own)! You MUST put it in quotes. Even if you wrote it on your site and wanted to post it here, you must quote it.

I recieved a PM from OpaQue, and I guess I post it here since other people are asking, this is in reply to my previous post, it was made in a diffrent thread as the message indicates

I posted this in the forum, but I guess nobody reads it, and it is kinda urgent.  If I make a tutorial and post it on the forum, can I later post the same one on my website, or website first, then on the forum?

You have to post it here first.

Is it permitted to do like this: (This is an example)

"Here is a tutorital about how you create css....."

[url="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Is it permitted (Link to other websites) :huh:

No. When you are just providing a link you are not actually contributing with your own words. Xisto's Tutorial section is dedicated to original works. We encourage write a full tutorial in your words (not copied in words or steps) in details as much as possible. Your example of a post is more qualified in Programming section.Thank you.

These rules were re-written by Dooga

THESE RULES ARE IMPORTANT! FAILING TO READ THESE NOTES WILL RESULT IN YOUR HOSTING CREDITS TO BE DEDUCTED!

This forum is a forum to post tutorials that YOU have written. You are NOT allowed to post a tutorial copied from another site, regardless of any reference you make! (However, you may PARAPHRASE it with correct referencing). Your tutorial is going to be moderated (that means, anything you post won't be viewable until a moderator has accepted it). Do not re-post your tutorials if they don't show up! Any pictures you include must be thumbnails or links to the pictures. In other words, YOU CAN ONLY POST IN THIS FORUM IF YOU HAVE AN UNCOPIED TUTORIAL TO SHARE WITH US!!!

NOTE: You may not post any requests for tutorials! Doing so may result in a warn (a possible removal of posting rights and hosting credits). You can however, reply like you do with other forums.

Board Rules apply with replies and new topics.

43925[/snapback]

Ok Thanks for the head up. Very thanks.

Thanks for reading,

Webviper2005 :)