xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Virus Help Cant get this sucker out

Help please. Anyone know of a virus like this. kdwfu it is in the windows system32 of vista. sends the bowser to another page than what you wanted then closes it. the file kdwfu is 72kb if thats any help. Have run AVG Trend and Windows Live. Trend and windows live found it, AVG didnt. I tried google on this file name and all sites came up in Japanese or chinese. Please let me know asapty

I have had great luck with Avast. Some of my customers have been bringing me computers with multiple virus-trojans. If you install Avast then schedule a boot time scan. The computer will reboot then start the scan. The program will find the virus and ask you what you want to do with it. I choose the option to "Delete All". The only thing you have to watch out for is Avast will find a diffrent type of threat (malware for instance) and you have to choose Delete all again. It takes awhile for the scan to complete. And you have to keep an eye on it and choose the approite action. This program hasn't let me down yet. I'm sure that someone could be more technical in the explanation about how it works. But I've had great luck so far. I've quit looking for individual fixes and just let the software do the work. Good luck to you and let me know how it works out for you. Best of all the software is free, you just have to register to get a license key.

I dont get it but, I was told that average virus scanner don't catch severe or professional viruses. McAfee abd even Norton couldn't catch what I had. I had a virus called FRUCTA and I had to use a program called SilverSword to get rid of it. It actually worked too. I knew what FRUCTA did and what it did stopped. You should try SilverSword even though it costs money. It is worth it.

Help please. Anyone know of a virus like this. kdwfu it is in the windows system32 of vista. sends the bowser to another page than what you wanted then closes it. the file kdwfu is 72kb if thats any help. Have run AVG Trend and Windows Live. Trend and windows live found it, AVG didnt. I tried google on this file name and all sites came up in Japanese or chinese.

Please let me know asap
ty

Yes, googling kdwfu getting pages in japanese language. Searching with filename won't work I think. Since your Trend and windows live finding it, they must have some name associated with this virus. That is the name(or atleast category) of the virus. Try searching that virus name or search for patch to that virus. Usually this will work. Try...

I have had great luck with Avast. Some of my customers have been bringing me computers with multiple virus-trojans. If you install Avast then schedule a boot time scan. The computer will reboot then start the scan. The program will find the virus and ask you what you want to do with it. I choose the option to "Delete All". The only thing you have to watch out for is Avast will find a diffrent type of threat (malware for instance) and you have to choose Delete all again. It takes awhile for the scan to complete. And you have to keep an eye on it and choose the approite action. This program hasn't let me down yet. I'm sure that someone could be more technical in the explanation about how it works. But I've had great luck so far. I've quit looking for individual fixes and just let the software do the work. Good luck to you and let me know how it works out for you. Best of all the software is free, you just have to register to get a license key.

Well we even tried Avast and it did not even find it in the scan. I should let you know that this trojan was not on my computer but my Girlfriend's. She and I spent all yesterday and a good part of the nite trying to remove it. Nothing worked. could not even rename delete or move the file. What we ended up doing was starting the computer in safe mode, then deleting the file that way. Then ran ever anti virus we had. Everything from AVG to Norton. All came up clean. So wish us luck that doing this got it out. I know thats not the best thing to do, but it beats a full reinstall.

So, had your problem(or may be your girlfriends :) ) solved? That problem is looking like a spyware rather than virus. Most antiviruses won't detect spyware. Try installing some anti spyware like Ad-aware and perform a scan. Do it even if your problem is already solved. :)

So, had your problem(or may be your girlfriends :) ) solved? That problem is looking like a spyware rather than virus. Most antiviruses won't detect spyware. Try installing some anti spyware like Ad-aware and perform a scan. Do it even if your problem is already solved. :)

Do you know the reason why most anti-virus programs do not detect spyware? I don't like spending money on programs like SilverSword...... McAfee and Norton should be tracking these things down, right? They are top notch.

As much as I find it's a slow application to use,I find that if youuse the Firefox browser to serf to new sites your risk of gettinga virus is much less. Internet explorer is very virus prone but can be used on sites that youknow are safe. To get rid of your virus,if push comes to shove just backup all yourdata and re-install your operating system.It always works for me.

@Echo_of_ThunderTry and use "Hijack This" software. I think its just a trojan. If you can identify and remove all of the entries of this malware/trojan. Your system will be clean.btw .. You can always check for a file's authenticity by right clicking and checking for properties. Most of the files that are fake don't have a manufacturer's signature. You can delete these files by booting in safe mode or command prompt. But since you are using vista you won't be able to boot in Command prompt :P

To aspiration: actually norton and all those sorftwares that are being claimed as "top notch" that recuire you to pay per month are BS.echo, avast usually does the job for me, I suggest you now use hijack this and then run cc cleaner then another scan by a spyware detector.