xisto Community
Lyon2

Mcdonalds Sued For Racy Photos - That Happened! McDonals used photos illegaly for advertizing.

News Title: McDonalds Sued For Racy Photos - That Happened!
News Source: http://ww2.thathappened.net/?folio=7POYGN0G2

A customer/client left his cell phone on a McDonals fast food restaurant, which contanied sensual and parcially nude photos of his wife, then, when he saw that he did not have the cell phone, he called the McDonals fast food restaurant and they asured him that the cell phone as wel as its content (the content was personal photosho of his wife, and more) was safe untill he would go there to pick it up.

Now, McDonals is beeing sued because the McDonals employees used the photos of the customer's wife to promote (or just joke arround with the photos) the McDonals fast food restaurants on the internet, and who knows where else.

In the news source above, you can see the customer's wife on the photo that it appears, she is quite sexy and sensual, i understand now why the McDonals employees used those photos, but i just hope the employees go to jail for their vandal acts, that is just what i hope and my opinion about what it should happen to them.

What do you think it should happen to the McDonals employees?
Should McDonals loose this sue?

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Well first of all the commercial was horrible, it looked like crap and I do not understand why they would use something like that in a commercial for burgers. How lovely, I am sure all the children loved it. Second of all it is stupid and not to forget an disrespectful action done by the employees, and as they are employed on McDonalds I am sure it is the company that will have to pay. But who does a photoshoot using a mobile phone? That is silly and just weird. Jail? They should rather have to pay a fine that will sting really hard in their pockets, and if they do anything that is quite illegal once again then they could be jailed. Just my opinion, maybe they will be scared and actually regret their action. But come on, I would not look at this as something that is very horrible at all - so jail should not be necessary. Well I am not used to a government with very harsh convictions.Haha, but this is funny. Again; People who store images on their mobile phone are quite stupid as there could be other friends that would just pick up the phone and look through it... and as said I do not understand why he used his mobile phone for a photoshoot. He must have some hell of a phone.

I have one pretty good mobile/cell phone, and sometimes i take pictures of my beautiful girl (for us to see when were're bored), my pets (cats), photos of many things and stuff, but it only need a mobile phone with a decent camera, even a vga camera with 4x or 8x zoom can take relatively good photos, but as for quality photos, you need mega pixels of course.In my opinion, they should go to jail if it can be proved that they knew that the photos belonged to a customer, if that is proved, i would sent them to jail for at least 6 months, and that is just to start.Imagine if is was your wife in this story, or just the girl that you love, really love, you would perhaps think the same bluebear, perhaps not, who knows right, we can talk, but that did not happen to us, but in the other hand, i am sensitive enough to put myself on the customers position/skin, and it sure feels like hell, it sure makes me feel angry, revolted and furious, not to say the least!?

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

I love how the writer of the article goes on about how embarrassing the photos of her were and how terrible it is that the McDonalds' employee posted these pictures on the Internet; yet the very first you see when you open the page is one of the pictures of her, no doubt causing more humiliation. The irony...

Yes electriic ink, you are completely right about that, the irony is a fact in that news article, i did not see it untill you noted it on your repply.Maybe the thathappened.com website is also going to be sued too!!!

Are the employees or is the COMPANY getting sued? If the company is getting sued, I think McDonalds should win. If employees are getting sued, they should LOSE, LOSE, LOSE!! Three million bucks is a whole lot.....

Yeah I would be pretty annoyed if I was the husband but I don't really think that the employees should go to jail over this. Try to remember that this IS McDonalds, there are a bunch of young teenagers working there and like it or not kids will be kids.I feel sorry for the husband but I have to say I can see the funny side to this.

The employees used the customer's wife parcially nude photos to "promote" (i mean joke, big time) with the McDonals company, on the internet only, although i can not say for sure that they did not use it at other means of comunication.Allright, jail is to hard if they are in fact kids, but if they are not, jail for them, 6 months to be fair.

1st off, when he called Mac D's did he speak with the Owner/manager or just a Employee? I will bet you if he spoke to an employee, that employee was the one behind doing these pictures. If that is the case here. No Mac D's should not be sued but that Employee. Now if it was the Owner/Manager of the chain is the naughty one. Then Sue him. Most MacDonals are privately owned. He would have better luck just to sue the employee and or the owner, than the main officeses.Now I have to say this, Who in his right mind would have that on his Cell Phone anyways? Your just asking for something like this to happen. Bet the Judge if this even gets to court will take that into mind also.

I don't feel sorry for the couple whatsoever, if they knew the photos where on that phone he should have got rid of them or put them somewhere else. Of course, people are going to be curious as to what is on a persons phone in order to find out how to contact them or something like that sad to say that a bunch of immature teens got a hold of it and decided to check out the whole phone before returning it to the owner. Of course, it is to late now for the couple his wife is now famous for her McDonalds ads :).

I have a number of problems with this article and the circumstances surrounding it:1. If it was any other business other than McDonalds would they be suing for so much money? not 2 million dollars. That would be absurd. I understand there must have been some great inconvenience the family has gone through, but it looks like they're looking to make a few dollars out of it too.2. I can understand having address and contact details for the owner, What I can't understand is why the (most probably teenage) employee leaked the personal information. That is just stupid. I mean I can understand the playing with the image. I have done it with many photos of my friends (not of this nature though) and I have posted the aforementioned images on the internet and if the photograph-ee disagreed with the images I would more than likely take them down.3. Why would you have photos of that graphic nature on your mobile phone? I know people do, but I can't understand why. Putting private, intimate images on your mobile phone that can be as easily lost as a pen. It's almost like keeping those pictures in your wallet. Mobile phones are now-a-days more than just a phone, they're a phone, camera, organiser, music and video player, GPS and have internet access. I have always (since content like images etc) been cautious of what I have on my phone. If you wouldn't want anyone else to see it, don't have it on your phone.(I know this is a tangent) It's like so many people I know that put up photos of themselves of a rather provocative, sensual nature and complain when they get a big response, or get an internet stalker. Its like the guy who plays with matches and then complains when he gets burned. If he didn't want the photos to go any further than himself and his wife, he shouldn't have put it on his phone. I do sympathise with the trouble that they have had, and its a shame. I could understand suing for the cost of moving house etc. etc. i.e costs that they wouldn't have incurred if the incident didn't happen. If you don't want it to end up on the web, don't put it on your phone, facebook or anywhere that it might be publicly seen. If you need a photo to remember the beauty of a girl like that, You've got bigger problems

I think that anyone has the right to have whatever he wants in his mobile phone, that is a right that nobody can take it away because, if you have the right to buy and own a mobile phone, you do also have the right to insert in it whatever you want, as long as it does not conflict with other laws, for instance, you can not insert pedophil photos on your mobile phone, that is obviously against the law, but you can insert photos of yourself and of the persons that allow it, like his wife allowed, normally.Jail for an adult, it is maybe too much, maybe not, the judge will decide fairly, i suppose.