xisto Community
Ruben

Are You Afraid Of Dying?

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What an interesting question! It's funny, I'm not in the least afraid of dying. And it's not that I don't like living, even though some days are better than others. I guess it might be that I've faced plenty of life and death situations and gotten quite used to the idea that I'm going to die sooner or later. No matter how much I think about it, it doesn't make me nervous or afraid. Having said that I guess a little fear wouldn't be bad, though, huh? In any life and death situation I have the survival instincts and adrenalin and all that mind you. I'm just not afraid at the thought of dying.I have no doubt that I will be in a better place aftwerwards and some times I'm eager to get there. But not until the work here is done!

I wouldn't say at all that I am afraid of dying. I too love life. More than anything and every day I marvel at how wonderful it is. However, at some point, it all has to end. We all know that. Why be afraid of it. What we have to do is make sure that we do live life as best we can. We only get one shot at it, got to make the most of it.

What an interesting question! It's funny, I'm not in the least afraid of dying. And it's not that I don't like living, even though some days are better than others. I guess it might be that I've faced plenty of life and death situations and gotten quite used to the idea that I'm going to die sooner or later. No matter how much I think about it, it doesn't make me nervous or afraid. Having said that I guess a little fear wouldn't be bad, though, huh? In any life and death situation I have the survival instincts and adrenalin and all that mind you. I'm just not afraid at the thought of dying.I have no doubt that I will be in a better place aftwerwards and some times I'm eager to get there. But not until the work here is done!

Wow, asdftheking, I think you just gave me a great new prospective. I think I thought about what you said fore about five minutes. Great post, and really, thank you very much for giving up your wonderful opinion.

I'm not afraid of dieing either, not because my life sucks, which it doesn't, but because I have no reason to die any time soon.. And I know you'll think, what if you in an accident? Well if you're going to be afraid to be in an accident then you'll be afraid of the entire world because you can have an accident anywhere..

Is anyone here not afraid of dying? I'm very interested to see.

I am! I like living. :lol:

yes totally!!

Of course i'm afraid of dying..i never think that all my hard work is in vain and that someday i'll have to leave everything that precious to me behind. But the sad reality is that no one lives forever and that someday they will die. But i'm really afraid and i'm not sure if science can help...they can make u live longer but i don't know if they can ultimately prevent one from dying. but im really afraid. If there really is a heaven or help i want to go to heaven. So even though i'm not that religious, i ty to do good atleast.

---> Efrain was here

yes totally!!
Of course i'm afraid of dying..i never think that all my hard work is in vain and that someday i'll have to leave everything that precious to me behind. But the sad reality is that no one lives forever and that someday they will die. But i'm really afraid and i'm not sure if science can help...they can make u live longer but i don't know if they can ultimately prevent one from dying. but im really afraid. If there really is a heaven or help i want to go to heaven. So even though i'm not that religious, i ty to do good atleast.

---> Efrain was here

Exactly, we don't know what is dying, so I like living, and well frankly, I want to stay living.

Hmm. I don't think I am afraid to die. But even so, I do not want to die! Life is much too short to even think about death. But if and when I did die, I suppose I wouldn't have control over it anyways--so I tend to not think about it. When I was younger death seemed to scare me a lot, and it was a very hard subject to deal with.

Are you asking if I am afraid of dying or death? too completely different questions, dying.. yes, the endless unknown and possibility of it being painful. Death hjowever. no because whats there to be scared of?

I might be a little worried about what's after this life, but I am not too worried about it. Everyone must experience this some time, and I believe in reincarnation--so whatever happens at the end of the road will happen. I just feel that I should not be scared of death, unless I was a terrible and bad person.

a very good question indeed. Simply put No I am not a bit afraid of it. been there. As some of you know I have spinal bifidaA day after my birth I was in the operating room to put what they call a shunt into my head to stop pressuer on my brain. well I died for a total of 3 mins. Sorry fokes I was too young to memeber of a white light or anything like that. but I will say this here and now. No I am not scared of dying. Fact I kind of welcome it. I look at it this way. going on a trip to see old family and friends that I haven seen in a long time. I have always felt there three stages in a person, before birth when your already in that place we all go. then here on earth. then we "die" and go back to there, and start the cycle all over again. Nice way to look at it I think. but we dont really know until it happends.

a very good question indeed. Simply put No I am not a bit afraid of it. been there. As some of you know I have spinal bifidaA day after my birth I was in the operating room to put what they call a shunt into my head to stop pressuer on my brain. well I died for a total of 3 mins. Sorry fokes I was too young to memeber of a white light or anything like that. but I will say this here and now. No I am not scared of dying. Fact I kind of welcome it. I look at it this way. going on a trip to see old family and friends that I haven seen in a long time. I have always felt there three stages in a person, before birth when your already in that place we all go. then here on earth. then we "die" and go back to there, and start the cycle all over again. Nice way to look at it I think. but we dont really know until it happends.

Wow, I love that content you gave us! Heck, I think I'll print it and hang it on the wall (not literally, of course :).) I just will always remember that.

It was very cool to learn about your condition. Just one question: if you died for 3 minutes, wouldn't you not be living? I mean, if you did live, wouldn't it be like you never died?

i've faced 4 life or death experiences in my life and i don't take the veiwpoint that "i'm going to die sooner or later". with the experiences i've experienced and living through them, i take the viewpoint tat i am meant to live.

now on to answer the question. am i afrain to die? HECK NO! i believe there is an afterlife and i believe that my time on this earth is only one phase of my life cycle. i believe my body is only a shell to experience things here on earth. i've thought about life and death alot. i've thought more on what life is and it's meaning. not just what it should mean to me, but for everyone in general and i have come up with some answers wether people believe or not. does not matter to me. so no....i am not afraid of dying(continuing to live without my shell). what i am concerned about is HOW i will die. haha. i try not to think about it too much because there are a lot of ways i could die that would be a miserable death.

but from my own experience, i am meant to live for a reason right now. too many uncanny close calls to my demise and i've always walked away unharmed. really uncanny which i wont go in to details.

all i can say is do the best you can on earth and accept that "death" is a cycle just like life is. i put death in quotes because when you die, the only part that dies is the shell. your soul and energy continues to live...and it WILL.....and for most, another shell will be created for you to live in with the same soul and energy you had before. is that death really? not to me so i can't be afraid of it. i just have to embrace it when the time comes and hopefully it will be easy on me and i pass on quickly without much pain

I've faced plenty of life and death situations and gotten quite used to the idea that I'm going to die sooner or later.

i've faced 4 life or death experiences in my life and i don't take the veiwpoint that "i'm going to die sooner or later". with the experiences i've experienced and living through them, i take the viewpoint tat i am meant to live.
now on to answer the question. am i afrain to die? HECK NO! i believe there is an afterlife and i believe that my time on this earth is only one phase of my life cycle. i believe my body is only a shell to experience things here on earth. i've thought about life and death alot. i've thought more on what life is and it's meaning. not just what it should mean to me, but for everyone in general and i have come up with some answers wether people believe or not. does not matter to me. so no....i am not afraid of dying(continuing to live without my shell). what i am concerned about is HOW i will die. haha. i try not to think about it too much because there are a lot of ways i could die that would be a miserable death.

but from my own experience, i am meant to live for a reason right now. too many uncanny close calls to my demise and i've always walked away unharmed. really uncanny which i wont go in to details.

all i can say is do the best you can on earth and accept that "death" is a cycle just like life is. i put death in quotes because when you die, the only part that dies is the shell. your soul and energy continues to live...and it WILL.....and for most, another shell will be created for you to live in with the same soul and energy you had before. is that death really? not to me so i can't be afraid of it. i just have to embrace it when the time comes and hopefully it will be easy on me and i pass on quickly without much pain

Yah, I guess I take it two different way. I'm not afraid of dying, just afraid of if it will be painful. :) :) I too believe that once life is over here, my soul will keep living. Like a lot of people, I don't believe that I will die once my purpose is complete, I think that I have no huge purpose, and will die whenever "needed." I think that I will live, and with my job (or whatever anyone does) I will help someone by doing that service. :D