xisto Community
Ruben

Are You Afraid Of Dying?

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm definitely not afraid of dying. I figure that you can't get the most out of your life if you spent it afraid of the end.

Good point. Shouldn't worry about something that is for sure going to happen.

Yes, i am afraid to die, and i know that sooner or later i will die eventually but, who know the future, perhaps a cure for "death" will be invented, not a cure for the death itself but, a cure for all the deceases, for the aging i mean, and that would be amazing at least to me, i want to live forever.
I am not actually thinking of death usually nor feeling afraid to die normally, but when i do think, i start to feel afradi of loosing the ablity to be with the ones i love and to do many things that i still want to do, and the main fear i have is to suffer before i die, that i do not want for me, i want a peacefull death, without suffering of any kind, but i do want to be concious and close to my wife and sons.

I guess. I mean like I said before, everyone dies sooner or later, so you would be back with them, it would just be a matter of when. :)

Great Points, Guys!

I'm not afraid of dying, just the way I'm supposedly dying of/for is what I'm afraid of like getting hit by a car, dying of a serious disease, etc. I believe some are afraid of dying because they can't let go what they've held for so many years, the people they've come to know, the wealth they have gathered, the relationships that they have formed, in short their life. As long as we make full use of our lives there's no reason to fear death as it is a natural process. Also I don't believe in living long, there's no point in living 70-80 years just to "stay alive". I'd rather live 50 years but a happy and fulfilling 50 years will do for me.

-Malcolm

I guess this question will have a different answer with how old you are, im now 47, ask me this question 20 years ago and i would have said no, simply because you dont think about it at that age, ask me now though with probably only 20 years left to live, if im lucky (im a smoker) then sure, death seems to be closer now than it was, so the honest answer is, yes, im afraid of death. Its something that no one can dodge, and we will all have to face it one day, the only hope any of us can have is that we go quick. :)

I'm not afraid of death specifically. I've accepted that death is going to come along one day. It's more the process of dying that is scary. As selfish as it sounds I hope for a quick and relatively painless death where I'm good one second and gone the next as opposed to some long drawn out process.There is also the uncertainty of death to consider in such cases because I don't know what is beyond death (I not religious).However I usually don't think too much about these things...