xisto Community
kobra500

Computinghost Regression

As an aside note, I've found that I was deducted my monthly recurring payment 2 weeks before the "payment due" date, as I had more than enough earnings to pay for it. Normally I'd think that that was great, but as I intended to cancel my plan and change it to something a little different (when I've got a bit more time to do so, admittedly), I'd rather have been told about this a smidgen earlier. :)

Still, for future reference for those who wonder when the payment will be taken for their monthly plans: last I checked I found that the payment due date was two weeks after when I first arranged the plan, so I suppose it makes sense that you will be billed two weeks before this date.

Other than that, I think the new myCENT system is working perfectly and is crystal clear. Thanks a bundle!

one other thing. since we incorporated mycents in to this thread, i would like to see a change in how warning levels limit someone. i feel when you have a warning level, it should affect any increase in mycents ...

That's already in effect.

i feel once mycents is converted to $ credit at the main xisto site, you should be able to purchase anything you want wether you have a warning level or not as those credits have already been earned when one never had a warning level. i think it's more fair to limit the increase of mycents when there is a warning level. it accomplishes the same purpose but doesn't discourage anyone fully after being satisfied in the credits they've built up but can't use. in other words, i feel that once mycents are converted in to $ credit, it should be totally seperate from trap.

I don't think that'll be a problem. Once the warning level is removed, they should be able to go back in and add whatever they couldn't before to their account. Since they should still have money left over due to the inability to purchase a certain feature (if this feature indeed required extra money) (or plan), once the warning is removed they can just add that feature in.

i don't really see a problem either thinking i don't plan on recieving another warning, but that's besides the point. your answer doesn't address my point. my point was, if there is no increase in mycents, then the money that was credited with a $ amount before any warning should not be affected by any warning. THAT was my point. i feel the $ credit amount and mycents should be handled differently.

personally, i don't care how it's implimented. i was just stating what *I* thought was a more fair system for those who have credit already before any warning level. and the ability to spend their credit as usual even if they recieve a warning level in the future while the warning level will still affect the mycent account until the warning level disapearsi am assuming this since you said this has already been implimented)

I don't think that'll be a problem. Once the warning level is removed, they should be able to go back in and add whatever they couldn't before to their account. Since they should still have money left over due to the inability to purchase a certain feature (if this feature indeed required extra money) (or plan), once the warning is removed they can just add that feature in.

@Opaque

Yes, If your E-mail address at Forums & Billing/Support Area is Same, then you automatically Earn myCENTS for your forum posts (including your past posts)

Email address is same, but i don't know how to activate Mycents, please guide me for that.

Their invoices will be generated on YEARLY basis.

is it possible to upgrade to Logic Plans? How much we need to pay for that?

my point was, if there is no increase in mycents, then the money that was credited with a $ amount before any warning should not be affected by any warning. THAT was my point. i feel the $ credit amount and mycents should be handled differently.

Although warnings don't touch the Xisto dollars received from myCents, even during the time that Credit System v2 was up, one warning meant no hosting if you weren't already hosted. Not obeying the rules always meant the possibility of losing your hosting or the possibility of losing the ability to be hosted. There shouldn't be any new exception(s) with the new system, unless perhaps you pay with real cash, but that, i would say, is another story.
But to add to this, warnings don't prevent myCents from increasing.

yea, that was part of the old system, but a new system has been created. what's actually happening here is all the companies are now stringed togethr and dependant on one another. so if this is the case, what would happened if someone was banned or has a warning level and they are up for renewal? so the key i know is not to receieve a warning level. that is obvious. but if xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting and trap are all connected and the accounts can be limited, then there should be a seperate plan for mycents credits after they are converted. the forum members should get a cheaper price than regular prices someone just going to Xisto - Web Hosting uses.
if not, then the credits that are converted are not true credits or real money as some would call it to be used whenever you want.

to me, i see it as a double menalty. you limit the increase in my cents and you limit the purchasing power after mycents was converted. i know this is worse case scenario i am talking about when someone gets banned, but it happens. i should know haha. anyway, i just feel it should be seperate entities after conversion OR give a cheaper price for my cents users if mycents and the $ credits are espeially the same and connected to trap even after the conversion

the only reason why i talk about it is because i know velma checks warning levels on trap before they will process a purchase. also, you also stated that mycents do not increase in a previous post. i may have misundertood your statement if that's not true because your last comment stated a warning doesn't affect a mycent increase hen you post now.

so maybe opa or buff can explain this part of the new system because i guess i am confused by it.

Although warnings don't touch the Xisto dollars received from myCents, even during the time that Credit System v2 was up, one warning meant no hosting if you weren't already hosted. Not obeying the rules always meant the possibility of losing your hosting or the possibility of losing the ability to be hosted. There shouldn't be any new exception(s) with the new system, unless perhaps you pay with real cash, but that, i would say, is another story.
But to add to this, warnings don't prevent myCents from increasing.

also, you also stated that mycents do not increase in a previous post. i may have misundertood your statement if that's not true because your last comment stated a warning doesn't affect a mycent increase hen you post now.

The only other post i can think of (and i checked, too) where i informed others about version 3 of the Credit System concerning myCENTs and warnings is this one. To my knowledge, both statements still hold true (whether or not they will change in the future i do not know).

Hi Guys,

I believe that the new hosting pans are better, and the fact that I can now by a TLD and Hosting with myCents

is great....

I personally do not have a cc or dc so it is almost impossible for me to pay for hosting....

Also now I can purchase a VPS for my clan I can pay my part through posting in a forum that I love to post in !! so I suppose it is a win win situation for me....

Granted it will not be the same for everyone and the fact that you are going on about the warning system is a bit hmmm.....

You know it is clearly stated in the FAQ what you can and cannot do and if you break these rules then moor fool you...

I myself have only just recently signed up with Trap 17 again after a few months of not being able to get to a comp and the fact my hosting was suspended due to stupidity but even then I did not whine or moan it was my fault I messed up and this is the view everyone is going to have to take....

If you are hosted and running a critical website dont break the rules

If you are hosted and running a bussiness through the hsoting dont break the rules

If you do well then more fool you...

The service that these guys run is of amzing quality and the pricing is good... maybe more so for us here in the uk due to conversion rates and that....

But if I was going to run a business or critical site through a free host or Trap 17 always have a backup provider so if the inevitable happened you could just redirect your nameservers

I know it is going a bit off topic but look if you were speeding down the motorway you know you could get stopped and get a ticket or a ban.....

And so people who join Trap 17 know that if they break the rules they could get a warning or there hosting cancelled

All I see here is people moaning about rules and regulations, And belittling a great service which in essence is supplied for free

Edited by websey (see edit history)

Just a suggestion/Idea for Xisto - Web Hosting folks.

Logic Plans are good, but Logic plans update need to be posted clearly on website. Currently, they're not posted clearly as earlier Plan A/B/C was explained in tables. That was very easy to understand the plan. I would like to see CH team update package page with more information regarding those plans.

You can see Logic plan mentions this currently :

HD: 1 GB *upgradeable to 25GB*Bandwidth: 10 GB *upgradeable to 1 TB*

This type of information gives very less information about plans unless they are configurable by user. I know there is one thread which mentioned two default packages for Logic plan with price and bandwidth/disk quota. But that notice needs to be posted on web page of CH now.

I don't like the new Xisto - Web Hosting. The new website design is visually unattractive and looks less professional than the old design.I buy several domains and cheap hosting plans from Xisto - Web Hosting, and now, the plans I use no longer exist.Most importantly, the Live Chat I have used to solve so many issues of downtime, etc. is now reserved for VPS and Dedicated Server clients.Support by e-mail seems slow as well, which is inconvenient because all of my Xisto - Domains.com domains need to be manually renewed on the new system, and I must e-mail after I pay because paying the invoice does nothing.I either need Xisto - Web Hosting to work for me, or I need to find a new host. I used to like Xisto - Web Hosting very much. I loved the service I got. I do not want to leave Xisto - Web Hosting, it would be a lot of work to move all of my websites to another host, and Xisto - Web Hosting has been good to me for the most part.I don't know what I should do.

Hi underscore,I can understand the reason for your uncertainty but maybe I can help you understand how we run things in the back end, first of all I would like to apologize for the delay in support queries this is due to the fact that the office where the support admins work is being renovated therefore it is hard for our admins to work. We are working on getting the support channel stabilized and assure you that from the 1st of Feb the services will be much better :PAlso, we have removed the Live Chat option because it is easier to track issues posted by a client and most importantly make sure that ONLY the client receives support and not some spammer/hacker who can cause damage to a client's account. As for your domain renewal issue you no longer need to mail us regarding the renewals because the client area lets you directly renews your domain once the payment is made :PI would always recommend sending an email to our sales department as that would help us improve our services, so if you feel that a particular service needs to be improved please do not hesitate in sending us an email with your ideas on how we can make Xisto a better service for you.

ohh woops whats this?Look howmany mycents all of you have made from posting here :P don't complain, your getting free hosting, and it is much easier to get some like 2$ mycents then 30 credits!

@Opaque,VelmaWhy Logic Plan 1.99$ was Disabled? :P That was good plan and very affordable too. Please let us know if there is any other affordable plan comping up.

ohh woops whats this?
Look howmany mycents all of you have made from posting here :P don't complain, your getting free hosting, and it is much easier to get some like 2$ mycents then 30 credits!

@Opaque,Velma
Why Logic Plan 1.99$ was Disabled? :P That was good plan and very affordable too. Please let us know if there is any other affordable plan comping up.

I agree with you on that Tramp. why complain? Post and it's paid. and I too would like knowing why that plan was disabled, and for the ones that have it, will we be able to renew when the time comes at that price?

The 1.99 USD plan was revised to 1.95 with better addons :P Members whose billing still reflects 1.99 as the base amount need to contact sales with their domain name. I will have all of them changed to the correct plan, actually we had changed the billing records so I am not sure why your billing records have not gotten updated.Anyway send us your emails and I will have everything updated :P