xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Is Nokia The Best Phone Company?

Nokia - the best phone company?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

is nokia the best phone company. i think it is. it is the best value for money, and the functions and graphics are great. its a great all round phone. yes motorola style is cool. and ericson is good for music but i think nokia is the best overall who agrees?

Yes. Nokia is the best of all. Battery Life is the main advantage of Nokia. No other mobile can beat Nokia in this, I think. The best thing I like about Nokia is the number of 3rd party applications available for Nokia mobiles. You can easily customize your mobile as per your needs with these third party applications. I love to use these third party applications. Even though 3rd party applications are available for other mobils like Sony, Motorola etc.. but not as much as Nokia.And good tehc support is also one of the advantage for Nokia. Of course, other mobiles excel in some features like Sony Ericsson for Excellent sound quality for example. Sony Ericsson's walkman series is the best in Music. And also I agree, Nokia made some worst models as well, one of them is Nokia 3230, the worst mobile I had ever seen...everything is worst in that model. But I tried some other models and they were nice.Overall, I vote for Nokia for its Cost as well as Quality. My second choice is Sony Ericsson.

I agree, Nokia is the best. I have had numerous nokias and battery life (as in as it ages) was the only reason I got a new one. I had a 5110 that was my dads, that was my first phone. Then for the First phone I bought I got a 2100. (like the updated 3315, new body and more compact) and that lasted me for years. The battery life got a bit low (also probably due to use) I tried different companies after that, Sagem (which was ok. I only got it for features I never ended up using), Samsung with after 18 months or so the keyboard died. after that I bought a Nokia 5140i. Excellent phone. The screen was 'funny' I took it to nokia and replaced it (covered by warranty) for free I took my dads phone into nokia also to get a non warranty repair, their policy at the time was $35 to look at, and if you decide to get the repair done, that $35 comes off the cost of the repair, (I don't know what happens if the repair is under $35). That was at the Nokia Care Centre in Brisbane (AU). Great service, and on time with what they say. E.G 'it should be ready by mid next week' and it is. they text you when your phones ready to be picked up. The next phone I'm looking at getting will be a Nokia E71, or the HTC google phone. That might not be for a year or so though.The best phones, and a great support team to match. (Then again I haven't done that with any other phone)

Edited by saitunes (see edit history)

I wouldnt say Nokia is the best or its the king of the hill in Mobile phone industry. Before the color phone starts to make into the transition, Nokia did came out some solid good models like 3210, 3310, 8210, 8310, 8800 etc..while its first generation color phone were solid even. As technology pickup, Nokia came out with its N series and the reviews on its long term use isnt as good as what many would expect.And no, Sony Ericsson isnt good in only making good music phones. They have a few good non music phones that have solid reviews while a couple of smart phones have yield good reviews on long term usage. With its upcoming Xperia X1, it is going to be a flagship war soon in months to come.I partly agree Motorola have good phone designs but its aimed mainly on the younger generation. For an overall, I would say Sony Ericsson and Nokia did a good job in phone design that cater all sort of users. Still, i am really happy that Sony and Ericcson merged 6 years ago.Conclusion, i vote for null, each phone company have its advantage and disadvantages so, no one is the best in something, this competition is never ending.

Nokia is a very good all round phone company, its phones are usually feature loaded and easy to use and often have plenty of opensource extras to put onto it. The N95 is an amazing phone, i havnt seen the N96 but it is very hard to find a phone that compares made by sony erikson or other top phone manufacturers and there phones are not overpriced like the new t-mobile g1 which i would get if it wouldnt set me back ?40 a month. Nokia's are not the most stylish though they are designed to work and be confortable which i prefer to the best looking phone that is about confortable to hold and use as a maceball. It beats the apple iphone, which isnt difficult since barely anything apple makes is worth paying for. (The only thing worth buying is the ipod classics and nano's.)I am considering getting an n95 since it is so good. Although samsung seem to have some good, cheap alternatives. I have never had a samsung before but ive heard good stuff about them.Motorola I have to say is the WORST mobile phone company. Putting design before all else, and their designs are usually flawed in themselves, i suppose style more than design. In fact Motorolas have about as many flaws as your average skyscraper. Not a good phone choice in the slightest

I used to have only Nokia phones, especially around the time I first got cell service. I didn't have a lot of money back then, and Nokia had the best free phones. As I got more money, I was able to upgrade to phones with more features (the Nokia was the absolute basic you can go. No mobile web, no app downloads, basic ringtones.). I got a Samsung color phone. Still pretty basic though, but had mobile web and app downloads. A few years later, I got Motorola phone and have had Motorola ever since. A scare with my model's battery caused me to switch to LG, but I plan on going back to Motorola in about a month.

i agree with kobra - motorola only focuses on style but the functions are horrible. some nokia phones which cost hundreds of us dollars less than some motorolas but have like 3 times the memory. yes the nokia style is simple but it has great functions with way more space than motorola phones. my least favorite phone company is ericson followed by motorola. it looks as if the general opinion is that nokia rules!

Despite what media have hinted at, Samsung itself is spending a lot of money trying to convey, the Samsung Instinct is not an iPhone killer or Nokia beater. To be sure, Samsung Sprint borrowed liberally from the N Series playbook when it came to look and feel. But the comparison itself isn't fair: The N Series is a software platform that is growing every day, soon to have a host of applications that put it squarely in the smartphone category along with BlackBerry, Palm and Windows Mobile. The Samsung Instinct, for example, will never be mistaken for a smartphone. Then what is it? It's the best carrier-centric feature phone I've ever seen, a delight to use for many?though not all?of its intended purposes.Due to business decisions Apple and the Indian mobile operators have made, most Indians are still not faced with the choice to buy an iPhone or not. They have to pick the best "feature phone" that their carrier has to offer. That is, a phone that costs somewhere between Rs 7000 and Rs 20000, built first and foremost to make voice calls, then serve additional social purposes?messaging, photos, etc.?and, finally, offer data connectivity to the web but more importantly to e-mail.In this array of duties, there are some where the Samsung Instinct falls flat on its kiester, but there are an unusual number of ways in which this phone makes life easier. I'll start with them, then get to the grimmer stuff:Snappy interface, faviurates, email, web apps, photo viewer, gps navigation, voice command, touch typing, music player, video player, web browser, etc.Though many nokia mobiles have all or most of these features, I find Samsung better.

I've used Nokia and samsung. Nokia is very hardy. All my phones have lasted 2 years and are still working when I switched them. My samsung flipphone died after barely a year. the monitor just went black.

I've used Nokia and samsung. Nokia is very hardy. All my phones have lasted 2 years and are still working when I switched them. My samsung flipphone died after barely a year. the monitor just went black.

Yeah thats a very common problem especially on the D500 and D600 basicly your using the phone and it automaticly shuts off very annoying problem!

Anyway back on topic yes, I think nokia make the best phones. They have the best battery life which gives and advantages to them in itself, also the amount of games you can add on nokia phones is outstanding especially in the N series phones this is because Nokia is a well known company.

The phone i own at the moment is a Nokia N95 8GB. I might consider buying the N96 only when that has gone down in price though. But the N95 will do for me right now.

I think nokia use to be the best, when mobile phones where quite new. However, when things like cameras where introduced, companies like Sony had a great advantage, since they already had very good cameras on the market, thus, companies like Sony Ericson overtook.Personally, i think Sony Ericson is the best mobile phone manufacturer.

In my opinion, Nokia is one of the best mobile phones, I had used a lot of Nokia phones and they were great, same I can tell for Sony Ericsson, I also used several of them and one is still used and is my main mobile phone, so I guess I give the vote for Sony Ericsson and Nokia as equal, even though I like the software for Sony Ericsson better, even though it depends on the phone, but navigation and some functions are better on Sony Ericsson..The worst mobile phones I know is from Siemens and Motorola, even Samsung makes better cell phones :lol: