xisto Community
solankyno1

New Hosting Credit System ! Is good or bad??????/

What do think about new hosting credit system on trap17 forum???  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the Hosting Credit System is really great, it makes things more organized and straight forward because forum members can now know exactly how long they can remain inactive and how many posts they need to make to keep their account healthy and prevent their account from being suspended or even terminated. At first I thought the 300 characters rule was a bit much, but now it seems pretty fair in a sense that forum members will have to make more meaningful posts and we will see less SPAM and one-liners.

Yh the hosting credits system is a very innovative idea, will keep track of inactive members. I admit i myself was one, but that was because i just had a long period of exams and wasnt allowed to use internet, but now thats over so i now can stay active :P.Great Idea by the trap :P:D

Due to the possible objects from members, We have re-constructed our system. We simply cannot let misunderstandings breed.. :P

REMOVED THE 300 POST COUNT SYSTEM. ALL POSTS WILL BE COUNTED. MORE DETAILS AT :
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6147-posting-activity-rule-automated-hosting-script-know-about-how-this-system-works/

Somepeople probably dont like it becaue they aint active innit...Well i dont mind doesn't change anything XCEPT SUSPENDS you if your inactive.... no worries this is a cool script by a cool person...Hope there will be more new improvements to trap...i will be waiting ...

i have full confident in Opaque he will get everything perfect,and that he removed the 300 characters post count i personally think is kinda a good idea. because i usually make a post that is straith to the point... and not so long... an anyway there was a little bug in it.... not really a bug but still, people just quoted allot so those characters would also count... that way it was easy to get posts

I love the new system, it should cut down on spam, but it does have one flaw, some people may start making wondering posts where they quickly get offtopic.I think this is also good on the server, old accounts that are inactive, get deleted and make room for new accounts and the ones who need it the most. (like me)

i have full confident in Opaque he will get everything perfect,

and that he removed the 300 characters post count i personally think is kinda a good idea. because i usually make a post that is straith to the point... and not so long...

an anyway there was a little bug in it.... not really a bug but still, people just quoted allot so those characters would also count... that way it was easy to get posts

43473[/snapback]

Dont worry, I have taken care of most of the things... The script filters the post too.

The page link sent via email says I have 2-3 days left, the main forum index says I have 6.69 days left. Which one is correct?

The one on the Forum page is the right one. So be happy :P

Dont worry, I have taken care of most of the things... The script filters the post too.

43507[/snapback]

I'm glad you took out the 300 character limit cause it was way too many. That is the right decision. I don't think less than 300 characters means spam and inactivity. The following is a quote from your previous posts

If a post is less than 50-100 characters, we ignore it. Because no genuine post can be so small.

I'm glad that you realize that this is untrue. Check out this thread http://forums.xisto.com/topic/5758-images-not-showing-up/

I made a post that was 83 characters long including spaces and the period. I think it was a genuine post and certainly helpful to the person who had the problem. Just shows that small posts are not spam and deserve *some* credit.

Again, you are making the right decisioin and I am glad that you are listening.

so, now I only need to type 10 Roman-alphabetical characters in order to gain a post?If so, that's a better idea and it will decrease my brain load while posting. I don't now need to think longer.P.S: I try not spamming. I think Xisto is a great community :PThanks,xboxrulz

I made a post that was 83 characters long including spaces and the period.  I think it was a genuine post and certainly helpful to the person who had the problem.  Just shows that small posts are not spam and deserve *some* credit.

Again, you are making the right decisioin and I am glad that you are listening.

43534[/snapback]

You did not check the new system parameters. http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6147-posting-activity-rule-automated-hosting-script-know-about-how-this-system-works/

It states that any post over 10 chacters is counted. i have put this limit for posts like thank you, lol, "yes, I agree" etc. is this fine ? or you want me to lift this rule too :P

Well I don't know..It's good and easier for the admins to manage the system, but what if I need to go away or move and I can't get to internet for some months...Is it possible to arrange things somehow, like putting ads on your page?Well anyway, I'm not having this problem right now unless I just forget to come and post.... :P

It is very good to know today that the new hosting credit system has been refurnished. I think most of the members who was unhappy due to 300 characters limit will have no problem now.Well Done Admin.

Well I don't know..It's good and easier for the admins to manage the system, but what if I need to go away or move and I can't get to internet for some months...Is it possible to arrange things somehow, like putting ads on your page?

Well, Xisto is an ad-supported site. And we dont even force members to click them nor we have those high paying google ads. We survive because of our quality posts and the activity of our forums. If you cannot stay active for a longer time, you can purchase hosting credits. Please contact me for more details regarding purchasing credits.