xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2009 Trap17 Awards - General Topic

I have a different idea guys.....How about an Awards committee? They award commitee will be formed by legends of our Xisto community like OpaQue, BuffalloHelp, Saint Michael, jlhaslip, galexcd etc......So, Instead of normal voiting and electing, the awards committee will verify all nominations, and check all the posts of the nominated members. Then the committee will decide who deserves the award and will announce with explanation, why that member should be given that award... :) Of course, Committee members cannot participate in the awards :P ... So, if they didn't participate, all new members like us have some chance to win awards ;) ...I bet, with the present awards system, almost all awards goes to them....and a very few awards left for others :P With the awards committee system, guys like us(new to trap) will be benefited. Nice idea, isn't it? So come on young guys and gals....support my idea....Hey...I'm just kidding.....You guys deserve the awards, because you're contributing a lot to this forum....But please leave some awards for us...... :o

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

You must have just joined Xisto or you realize how difficult that would be to get those people together and especially even more difficult since this is happening during the myCent transition. That is why people are allowed to vote for themselves because it is the number of nominations that will get them to the voting polls in December.

I have a different idea guys.....How about an Awards committee? They award commitee will be formed by legends of our Xisto community like OpaQue, BuffalloHelp, Saint Michael, jlhaslip, galexcd etc......So, Instead of normal voiting and electing, the awards committee will verify all nominations, and check all the posts of the nominated members. Then the committee will decide who deserves the award and will announce with explanation, why that member should be given that award... :)

Of course, Committee members cannot participate in the awards :P ... So, if they didn't participate, all new members like us have some chance to win awards ;) ...I bet, with the present awards system, almost all awards goes to them....and a very few awards left for others :P

With the awards committee system, guys like us(new to trap) will be benefited. Nice idea, isn't it? So come on young guys and gals....support my idea....
Hey...I'm just kidding.....You guys deserve the awards, because you're contributing a lot to this forum....
But please leave some awards for us...... :o

I agree with that and disagree at the same time. Like you said at the end they deserve the awards because they have been here the longest and do a lot to make the forum a better place but on the other hand 90% of the awards are going to go to them which leaves out the rest of the community. I think we should just stick with the normal voting thing though.

So we can vote for ourselfs, but we can't nominate ourselfs? To tell you the truth, I think that's a good system, but I'm sure some person is going t make a new account to nominate themselfs.

If someone is willing to do that to cheat they are pathetic. If they do the mods and admins can see if they are using the same ip address unless they use a proxy.

Well when I used this one polling system I forgot to select IP per vote or something like that and so we had a few people mass voting for the heck of it and so it took a while to find out who the IP belong to and of course deleting the multiple votes and so hopefully when I select another polling system I will remember to make sure I have that working so it won't happen again.

Oh. So it isn't voted on the forums?

No, people are nominated on on the forums in the nomination topic (Most likely coming in november), however the winners will be voted for on trap17awards.com

I'm a member of a forum where one person did just that so that they get a title. There wasn't even a cash or reward involved. Pathetic indeed.

What is the point then? That guy must not have a life if he spends his time making multiple accounts just so he can win a contest that has no reward.

Well when I used this one polling system I forgot to select IP per vote or something like that and so we had a few people mass voting for the heck of it and so it took a while to find out who the IP belong to and of course deleting the multiple votes and so hopefully when I select another polling system I will remember to make sure I have that working so it won't happen again.

I try to remember to remind you because we don't want that to happen again. What kind of poll do you use that blocks IPs after they vote because I could use that for my website that I'm making?

No, people are nominated on on the forums in the nomination topic (Most likely coming in november), however the winners will be voted for on trap17awards.com

Wow you guys made a site just for these awards! You guys really get into it. Nice signature by the way it looks really professional.

I am here to announce that: if nominated, I will not campaign for any position you might nominate me for, so please be advised that I will ask for any Nominations to be withdrawn.

I am here to announce that: if nominated, I will not campaign for any position you might nominate me for, so please be advised that I will ask for any Nominations to be withdrawn.

Why have you desided that? You have a shot at myCent (maybe) if you win and all you do is continue posting as usual? Whats there to lose?

Well for a bit of an update I have confirm that their will be no myCent award this year for several reasons one of them the transfer system and the other is I don't have the $320 needed to to pay off 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners and if the transfer system was up I, I highly doubt we would generate the funds from donations from the members in order to match that. Hopefully next year when everyone has a bit more cash and of course a transfer system is up that we be able to do myCent awards, but don't fret you still get the awesome banner though :lol:.