xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2009 Trap17 Awards - General Topic

You mean you usually pay the winners?

And why is it $320? Can't it be lower?

Well I would take donations and when we did it last time I covered some of cost with my stash of hosting credits and so once the awards were over I would transfer the hosting credits to the winners. As for the $320 that is how much it would have cost to cover $10 first place winner, $5 second place winner, and $1 3rd place winner and so if you look at the way I set this up first and second place winners could pay off their accounts with that money, but of course if your multiple winner then you would have earned a lot more. However, in order to make that money people have would have to post almost daily for 2 months to help cover the costs but since not everyone has a ton of money it wouldn't have been beneficial for anyone to donate money they might not see and what not.

As a "what if?" scenario, maybe we can discuss a Spam Tax on the Xisto. As you (should) know by now, because you have all read the Xisto Readme file, when you make a posting, you earn MyCents. When the posting is sent to the Spam Bucket, you lose more MyCents than you actually earned with that Spam posting. I wonder if Opaque would consider the "excess" as a fund for awarding to Contest winners, like the Xisto Awards? After a year or so, that would likely cover the cost of the Winners of the Xisto Awards as discussed in this thread.

As a "what if?" scenario, maybe we can discuss a Spam Tax on the Xisto.

As you (should) know by now, because you have all read the Xisto Readme file, when you make a posting, you earn MyCents. When the posting is sent to the Spam Bucket, you lose more MyCents than you actually earned with that Spam posting. I wonder if Opaque would consider the "excess" as a fund for awarding to Contest winners, like the Xisto Awards?

After a year or so, that would likely cover the cost of the Winners of the Xisto Awards as discussed in this thread.

Ohh, dirty dollars. Sounds like a plan to me! Just go ahead and transfer the funds into this swiss bank account I have here and we'll be on our way.

As a "what if?" scenario, maybe we can discuss a Spam Tax on the Xisto. As you (should) know by now, because you have all read the Xisto Readme file, when you make a posting, you earn MyCents. When the posting is sent to the Spam Bucket, you lose more MyCents than you actually earned with that Spam posting. I wonder if Opaque would consider the "excess" as a fund for awarding to Contest winners, like the Xisto Awards?
After a year or so, that would likely cover the cost of the Winners of the Xisto Awards as discussed in this thread.

Ohh, dirty dollars. Sounds like a plan to me! Just go ahead and transfer the funds into this swiss bank account I have here and we'll be on our way.

I made some inquires on this idea and that will not be happening either and so when and if a transfer system is set up we will have to find a way to work with donations once again.

Nominations have begun and so post all your nominations at the following topic, and remember to keep all general talk about the awards here and not in the nomination topic.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)