xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gisellebebegirl

Itouch's Wi-5

Well i just got a new 2G edition itouch because idk i saw the commercials and was brainwashed by the ability the ipod had to access the internet "the actual internet" and how you could do all this amazing stuff through it.. and well honestly i havent eben able to use the wi5 yet.. why?? theres no wi5 around me at all.. nowhere.. and i live in southwest california... which makes me wonder about the people who live in the middle of nowhere and thought the same as me.. but yea, its pretty much pointless for the ipod to have all this feautures i mean.. truly the only way i could use it is if i pay and set up a wi5 thing in my house, which is pointless i mean i have a computer.. and the itouch is nowhere near a laptop so yea. waste of money if you ask me=/

Well i just got a new 2G edition itouch because idk i saw the commercials and was brainwashed by the ability the ipod had to access the internet "the actual internet" and how you could do all this amazing stuff through it.. and well honestly i havent eben able to use the wi5 yet.. why?? theres no wi5 around me at all.. nowhere.. and i live in southwest california... which makes me wonder about the people who live in the middle of nowhere and thought the same as me.. but yea, its pretty much pointless for the ipod to have all this feautures i mean.. truly the only way i could use it is if i pay and set up a wi5 thing in my house, which is pointless i mean i have a computer.. and the itouch is nowhere near a laptop so yea. waste of money if you ask me
=/

Question? did you read the requirements on the box? Rule number 1, always read the box

Do you know what Wi-Fi is? Do you realize that unless you're near a wi-fi hotspot or have your own wireless network at your home that is how you access the internet wirelessly. If you wanted access to the internet 24/7 you should have bought the iphone.

Edited by saitunes (see edit history)

Well i just got a new 2G edition itouch because idk i saw the commercials and was brainwashed by the ability the ipod had to access the internet "the actual internet" and how you could do all this amazing stuff through it.. and well honestly i havent eben able to use the wi5 yet.. why?? theres no wi5 around me at all.. nowhere.. and i live in southwest california... which makes me wonder about the people who live in the middle of nowhere and thought the same as me.. but yea, its pretty much pointless for the ipod to have all this feautures i mean.. truly the only way i could use it is if i pay and set up a wi5 thing in my house, which is pointless i mean i have a computer.. and the itouch is nowhere near a laptop so yea. waste of money if you ask me
=/

First of all its Wi-Fi not wi5. And secondly do you think a laptop is a waste of money because you can't connect to the internet with a wi-fi connection? What do you think the internet is just magically everywhere? If you are connected to the internet to be posting this post right now then you are already paying for the internet, all you need to get it working is a wireless router, which you can get for less than you payed for your ipod touch. The wireless router broadcasts the signal for your internet allowing devices that are wirelessly enabled to connect to the internet without being directly connected to your router.*

Well, you cant exect to just use other people wi-fi hotspot, its their internet access, they pay for bandwidth, and its not good to try and steel it. Your best bet, is to either get wireless broadband, or set up a wireless hotspot from your computer. Many hotels bars ect will give you free wi-fi access, and you can often use it at interbat cafes. a

just got an itouch and have problems getting wi-fi connectionItouch's Wi-5

Well I just got a brand new 2G edition itouch like...2 days ago and I was really excited to be able to use the internet in the itouch but then I researched the topic of wi-fi (which I knew that was needed for the wireless internet access from the itouch) and it said I needed a wireless router which I don't have and would be quite impossible to convise my prents to get one but I took a look at the wi-fi settings in my itouch and it said I did have wireless connection but I need some kind of code or password to get in to. And I don't know the code or pasword! and I tried reserching that too but it didnt help...

ALSO LOSTItouch's Wi-5

I'm with  (G) cookielshious, I have no idea on how to access wi-fi or where to get the password, code or settings for the Apple ITouch.  I do have access to the internet on my home computer and router which is connected to my laptop.  And if I am in a hotspot again how do I get access?  If anyone can walk me through on how to access internet using baby steps would be greatly appreciated. 

-question by Tinea