xisto Community
spirit_valley

Say "i Love You" In 100 Different Languages

I can confirm the Latin, the Tamil, the Kannada, and the English :D. The rest have already been confirmed.

The Filipino translation is correct! I'm from the Philippines so I really know!Very cool! Where did you get all those?

Reply to "Donegal" who said "Irish and Gaelic are the same languageGealige is the Irish for.. Irish, I'm pretty sure gaelic was english..Same was as they changed Dubh linn (black pool) to.. Dublin..Or "I don't know" into an animal. (kangaroo originaly meant "I don't know") "_____________________I found this: "Gaelic as an adjective means "pertaining to the Gaels", including language and culture.As a noun, it may refer to the group of languages spoken by the Gaels, or to any one of the individual languages.It is also the word commonly used in Ireland to denote the sport of Gaelic football.Gaelic may thus mean or refer to: * Goidelic languages - or "Gaelic languages" * Irish language, or the derived Canadian Irish dialect * Scottish Gaelic, or the derived Canadian Gaelic dialect * Manx language "[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic ]So Gaelic doesn't actually mean Irish by itself, if you want to say Irish, then call it Gaelige (pronounced as Gail-igg or Gail-ga), and both the Gaelic and Irish ones in the main text are Irish [just different ways of saying it],"T� gr� agam ort" literally means "I have love at you" [There is no word for "have" in Irish, so it's actually "I love at me at you"] And "T�I'm I' ngr� leat" means "I am in love with you", which is the closest to "I love you".So there's only have 100 different languages [well, 99 because Pig Latin isn't really a language] of saying "I love you".-Keith, Dublin, Ireland

I'm really happy to see such long list of sentences, which are bringing peace to the world ;) Happy to see the Bulgarian translation :D I confirm, that it is right, but if you want, write it in cyrilic :rolleyes: - Here is how it must look - "Обичам те"

The Norwegian one can also be like this:"Eg elskar deg"Almost the same. 8)

Thank you for this nice topic.But you have made a little mistake incase of Bangla. You wrote "Bangla - Aamee tuma ke bhalo aashi", here the last word aashi is wrong. A 'b' is omitted from that word. The correct word will be "baashi".Another little mistake is "tuma ke". "Tumake" is a single word not separated like "tuma" and "ke".So, the original line will be "Aamee tumake bhalo baashi".Thanks again to include Bangla in your list. As a BANGALI (the people who talk in Bangla) I feel happy when I see Bangla in any foreign forum.

Macedonia

Why don't you add 1 more laugage... Macedonian...--- Te sakam meen I love you on macedonian... Please read this mesage

-reply by ivan

Excellent!

This is an excellent list, very comphrensive and well done. Thanks for posting!!

-feedback by NCS Learn A Language Resources

how did you do that? babel fish doesn't do most of those languages? did you search it on google or something? pretty cool. now who can say 'will you marry me?' in 100 different languages?