xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

The World's Strangest Laws

hmm yup i laughed a lot too, i wasn't aware of these laws till i see this topic, the law related to pregnant women is a little weird. i think they haven't said their meaning as they want. i don't know how much death have happened during changing of light bulbs but i don't think it is necessary to get an electrician to change it (maybe there is not enough working people and they want to help people finding works :D).

So if a Scottish had a bow and arrow bought from a shop then he had to leave them in his town otherwise maybe he get killed in York but why they hate each other in this modern world. i have read some weird laws too so i will share them with you :

It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs peoples view in a public theater or place of amusement.

the above law is related to Wyoming , so what about those people going out time to time and block your view ? maybe they have to make a law for them too and kill every one goes out more than two time :P .

You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.

i don't know but do you have read any article saying taking a picture will lead rabbit to suicide ? i don't think that rabbit kills himself if you take his picture during mentioned time but maybe if you get an official permit then they inform the rabbit about you and saying that you will not publish his picture on the net :D .

It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.

this is from Oklahoma, so you should not read a comic book but what about a sad book, so they mean crying will not affect your driving but laughing may lead you to make an accident. how about a book which is comdey and drama at the same time, then in comic parts you have to stop riding and in the drama parts you can continue your way.

It is illegal to get a fish drunk.

this is from Ohio, so why you should not do that ? maybe he will do a dangerous thing like causing accidents in the sea :D with other fishes or even biting other fishes and harming them.

It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.

again from Ohio, so five men can live in a house but five women are not allowed so i can say five women are more dangerous than five men and if you saw five women in a house it is better for you to run away or call the police :D .

These laws are really funny, but sometimes even very funny laws mean something, it's not always that politics are just idiots, but they are there with a reason to control or stop something? Usually they are stupid, if you ask me, but for example, the law which doesn't let more than 5 woman to live in a house in Ohio I guess is due to stopping that house being a "motel" or "brothel" or how you call it in USA? :DA house becomes a Brothel when more than 5 women live there? :D maybe it's logical :D a hotel where for a fee you can girls..

Hahaha those laws were hilarious, the kissing one is stupid, but at the same time it make sense because, I don?t know if it happens to everyone but I think it is annoying to be, let?s say riding the bus, and a couple next to you is making out for a looong time, it?s like c?mon guys get a room already. A funny story happened to me once, I was in a bus and it was packed, I could not move at all, and I got stuck between a couple, and the guy was trying to hug the girl and kiss her and I was the middle so the guy will put like his arm over me or push me I got so mad that I told the couple like stop it already, it was reallyyy annoying.The Alberta law does not make any sense at all, why would you give a guy who just got out of jail a gun?, that is like giving a person who is in rehab a drink :S.And the killer, it seems like a joke, it?s not a freaking war, the person is going to commit murder, why would he tell the victim, like "dear victim, Tomorrow night I?ll be waiting for you in the supermarket parking lot to abduct you, remember to wear sexy clothes since you are going to be rape, this is a short time notice so we don?t get in any trouble, love, The murderer." hahahaha that?s stupid.I mean there are old laws that were useful in their time, why would those laws still be active after those no longer apply to current times?. That is slacking on the job.

I learned about this one when I was studying Criminal Justice. In Lethbridge, Alberta Canada there is a large Hutterite community living in the rural areas. On Thursday's they come into town. In the 1800's they made a law that it is illegal to shoot a Hutterite on a Thursday. Any other day is fine though. Posted Image

This is a myth. There has never been a law in Lethbridge where it has been legal to shoot Hutterites or anyone else. This myth developed because the Hutterites (Hutterian Brethren) traditionally came to town on Thursdays and a story developed to account for it. One thing that should make this an obvious myth is that the Hutterites did not move into southern Alberta until the 1900s. Never mind the irrational fact that a law could be written that you could legally shoot someone.

Oh God! those laws are strange indeed. Can't understand what makes the law machinery formulate such laws? If we laugh at these, why can't they feel like doing so?