xisto Community
Mermaid711

Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Posted Image

Well, I was out looking for makeup the other day (I'm in color guard so I have to wear it- it's a requirement.) and as most of you know my eyes are an orangy-amber color, so finding makeup that makes that color stand out is a pain in the *bottom* (but I love the color it looks when they look a bright amber so it's okay.)

Well anyway I got frustrated at the store and so I went online and looked up stuff about eye color and what tones look good where and what not, when I came across this interesting Panama-based website. It's URL is http://www.newcoloriris.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t and it advertises a surgery in wich they implant something in the iris. Well on the site it says people with brown eyes and darker eyes in general haven't typically been quite as successfull in many fields (but mostly acting and modeling) as people with lighter colored eyes. So I go do a little research. Is this true, or just a marketing ploy? The fact is, it was true. Brighter eyes are prefered over darker eyes, especially in the entertainment and fashion industry. And the cruel irony of it all is that, I'm hopefully going to be going into the acting industrie.

Now am I saying that darker eyed people are ugly? Absolutely not. I think that Jessica Alba is beautiful and she has chocolate colored eyes. Anjelina Jolie is pretty and her eyes are very dark. And not to mention the brown eyed men, Joe Jonas, Josh Dumel, and many other men. However in my life I've only gotten 3 compliments on my eye color. Yes, only 3. And one of those three compliments was given by someone who probably hates me now. Am I asking you to comment on my eye color? No. Because I don't like being lied to.

Now would I ever have the new color iris surgery? Probably not. They show a video of the surgery on their website and I'd be affraid that I'd be the lucky person who goes blind. Would you? What are your thoughts?

*Hello - i so know what you are talking about - my eyes are deep deep brown, so much so that they look black without the correct lighting. I also stumbled accross that very website, and was tempted to get the surgery done because both you and I know that lighter eyes are prettier.I yearn for light eyes, blue, green anything other than brown. The other option is to change my hair colour to Blonde, but then i would feel fake! But I am too young for either of these options - then i remembered where i come from: Spain. In Spain you very very rarely get blue eyed brunettes or green eyed blondes or even blondes, because its so hot and the ethnics are all different. Almost very natural born Spaniard has dark hair and dark eyes - so i have learnt to accept where i come from and to like my eyes.

Your eyes are beautiful, and they are what i want, but it just wouldnt suit me :) x*

It's a scientific fact that light eyed men and more attracted to light eyed women because in the days before genetic testing if a man's blue eyed partner give birth to a blue eyed child there is a greater chance that he can identify that child as his own, if that man were to have a brown eyed woman as a partner the resulting brown eyed child could be anyone's and the man has to basis on which to judge parentage, light hair and blue eyes are also associated with youth as many children are born with lighter hair and blue eyes that darken to as they age, youth is attractive to the primal instincts of men due to the greater chance of having the opportunity to propagate with a younger woman during her years of fertility, large eyes and full taut skin are also attractive to men for their child-like qualities. Since like hair and light eyes will eventually be bred out of existence (since they are recessive traits) we can hope that one day we will evolve to a point where mates are chosen on better merit such as intellect rather than child like appearance and establishing genetic relation.

Responding to one of the earlier posts, color guard is a part of marching band. I realize this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I hate to see someone acting as if color guard isn't a real thing. And yes, they do have to wear make up as part of their costumes. The color guard add quite a bit of the visual aspect to a marching band performance.

Idk if its just the picture, but it looks like the base of your eyes is green. Very pretty and unique. <p> Anyway, I'm a DARK brown eyed, pale skinned, redheaded girl. Like, almost black dark brown and I always struggled with my coloration all around. It seemed like everyone loved the blue eyed girls, and would jokingly say to me "you're so full of **** its coming out of your eyes!" I HATE that stupid joke! lol Anyway, as I've gotten older I've made peace with my dark eyes, and now I prefer them over any other color actually. I feel like it adds that intriguing vibe that no other eye color can emulate. People can't see through my eyes like they can a pale eyed girl, and it makes me harder to read. I don't know if I've ever had people compliment the color alone so much, but I've had a lot of people tell me that they feel "entranced" by my eyes and things of that nature. Blue eyed and green eyed girls are gorgeous yes, but there's nothing like a pretty brown eyed girl. We are alluring, mysterious, and just all together amazing <3 haha ^_^

I think dark eye colors are the most attractive, personally. And not just browns. I love very dark blues. I myself, have almost denim colored eyes that have the subtlest sparks of yellow. My twins has the same color and my little sister has gorgeous chocolate eyes. Dark eyes seem more intense. But I also think that light eyes have their lurks. They stand out alot. But eye color isn't all that important And all eyes are beautiful.

That sounds SO gorgeous! Pictures please! Haha xD
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

my eyes are grenny blue but my granny's eyes are brown its weird, i don't think you need to get surgery because of your eyes anybody who did would be shallow.

You are quite sad.I have dark eyes and I think they are fine. What's more irresistible than big brown eyes? I don't need people to tell me that.You've only had 3 compliments in your life regarding your amber eyes? I FEEL SOOOO F**KING SORRY FOR YOU! 'I've only ever had 3 compliments, I must be soooo ugly someone please tell me I'm like soo totally hot before I scratch my eyes out with my acrylic nails' :'(My advice to you is to quit caring about what people say. Not every man in this whole darn world prefers light eyes. Some men love dusky features. And vice versa. Shut up and take it for what it is.And how stupid of you to say that women with darker eyes are less successful. Do you have a mind of your own? If you did you'd take a good look at the sources before you go round posting topics nobody wants to hear about.I'm so tired of hearing from girls like you who so obviously are good looking but you slam your own looks, in hopes of getting complements in return, and ultimately feeding your ego. What a glorious troll you are.