xisto Community
Mermaid711

Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

If you have ever looked deeply into a pair of dark mediterranean looking eyes surrounded by la bed of lushous black lashes and a crowning pair of dark slightly arched brows then you will know that in that aspect brunetts have a lot more fun and mystery to them.

The problem with you isn't your eye color. They are just fine. It is just that you are plain and your eyes don't seem to say anything. For some of us it is natural to have expressive and dramatic eyes and for others it can be learned. Of course I was born with big magic brown eyes which I described. When I was a baby they would ask her to stop the stroller just to get a look at my eyes. I have seduced countless men (with all of my clothing on) with these eyes. I have intimidated and overwhelmed with these eyes.

Also understand that most of us men naturally have more brilliant eyelashes and brows.

-reply by Eric

Why are people with darker eyes considered less attractive?Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Well, I have dark eyes... And I love wearing contact lens just to change how it looks every now and then but it doesn't mean that I don't really like my eyes. Well, that is how I think now but when I was younger I've always thought that having brown/black eyes were boring. Personally, I live in Asia so most people have dark eyes so seeing someone with blue or green eyes is pretty different and some would consider that beautiful.

Now you said that the site was based in Panama, right? So in that place, most people have dark eyes too. Probably they find that very common so to as boring. On the other hand, now I think dark eyes are beautiful. I wear contacts a lot but there are days that I don't and I get a lot of compliments that my eyes are very beautiful without contact lens. I also get that compliment from people from different places so I don't think dark eyes are ugly at all.

-reply by starrchild

Lighter colored eyes are more attractive in general because darker eyes are common.

The gene for dark eyes is dominant so most people will have darker eyes. It is dominant because by having darker eyes you afford protection from the Sun as the darker pigments will absorb more light. It's similar to the idea that darker people have more pigments so that they afford protection from the Sun. So, this is evident by the appearance of Europeans compared with the appearance of Africans or Indians for example.

However, our evolution has programmed us to always look for the greatest possible variation so that the species can develop and become more complex and thereby afford a greater variety of genes which will protect us from potential danger. So, because lighter eyes are rare and they have a striking appearance generally they are considered more attractive. But, that's not to say darker eyes are not just as attractive. I am sure that many have seen people with very very very dark eyes - like almost black - and these eyes have just as stunning an appearance as light eyes in that they can stop you in your tracts and phase you to some level lol. Here it is the same idea - because it's something different our mind is programmed to be attracted to it.

With mixed people you get very interesting colours due to the complex variation in their genes. Many mixed people will have green/grey/blue eyes and it is well known that many mixed people are considered to be very very attractive (e.G. Nicole Scherzinger, Cassie, and more that I cant think of right away). A good example of attractive looking mixed people are the latino population. Latina girls = fine lol.

Anyway, that's what I have been able to work out from the stuff I have studied but everyone has their own personal preference - I have found drak eyes and light eyes just as attractive but sometimes when I do see very very very light eyes it really stuns me but equally so do really really really dark eyes.

-reply by scientist

why are people with darker eyes considered less attractive?Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?I personally love my brown eyes. Like lorikatie posted earlier, beauty is within the eye of the beholder. Who is to say that lighter eyes are better than dark? God made us all with beautiful eyes. Plus its not only the color of the eye that makes it beautiful, its also the shape. I come from more than one ethnicity (bajian, haitian and french) and I have dark brown eyes. I always get compliments on my eyes and I think when I get complimented on them people look at the shape of them more so than the color. There are so many variations with eyes. I do wear green contacts because they suit my complection. I think they really compliment me. I want to try hazel, blue, and grey as well. My sister says I'm trying to look european, and my boyfriend says to stick with my natural eye color and leave contacts alone. I believe that the wonderful thing about being a women is always being able to change up your look. So its not to say that I don't love my beautiful exotic dark brown eyes, its just always interesting to change up my look and try something new! So ladies with dark brown eyes, appreciate your eyes because they are uniquely yours. And believe it or not, there are many light eyed people who would die to have your beautiful brown eyes. But also never be afraid to change up your look! You are beautiful either way (-:-reply by alex

The reason of the attraction is about 10,000 years ago a mutation happened to one person. A chromosome changed their eye color from brown to blue. This was the beginning. Others saw this a God, because you could see into the soul of that person. Which is hard to do with darker eyes. Remember this was a long time ago and people had a different idea of what a God was. So it became that people with blue eyes were godly. It is possible that that is why we are attracted to blue eyes and at the same time blame everyone with blue eyes to the problems of the world. I.E. Anti-aryan, blue eyed devil, etc.

-reply by Ricky

Brighter eyes over darker eyesWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Replying to Mermaid711Replying to Mermaid711Please pursue the entertainment industry (acting). That way we can easily keep an "eye" on people like you. The fact that, in our short time on this earth, you feel that eye color is a quality of people you need to focus on tells all. Oprah had a show that had a fake doctor who claimed that blue eyed people were smarter than brown eyed folks...Check it out so you can "see" how foolish your assessment is. My how small and shallow you sound; so please, again pursue and stay in the entertainment industry so that the folks who actually contribute to society in a meaningful manner can keep you at arms length. I've served in the military (search and rescue) and maintain a productive farm, so don't attempt to characterize me in any manner that takes away from those contributions to our society...Please what is it that you do that contributes to anything other than your own gain and ego?

-reply by Dave

It doesn't necessarily make you less attractive if your eyes are darker, at least not for me anyway. It's more if you have lighter eyes or eyes that are a really interesting color they are striking when people first meet you. When I was younger my eyes were very, very dark brown but they are a dark amber color which has taken a lot of getting used to. Part of it is your facial features. Some people have dark compelling eyes and others have the same shade but their face doesn't really set it off in anyway.

I am constantly bombarded by people who ask me if my eyes are real, then proceed to argue with me that I'm wearing contacts. Because brown eyes are so prevalent, there isn't that air of mystique and curious-ness since they are commonplace. The less often someone runs into a particular color or shade they more intriguing they become.

I have many friends with blue eyes and so they don't hold any interest for me anymore unless they are very light blue or deep and vibrant. Also I know someone who's eyes are pumpkin colored and I can't help but stare because I've never seen that before. So I focus very hard not looking at her too much. The color that I can't help but say something is green and grey.

Grey is more of a color of interest for me (I've seen real ones twice) but green is just captivating to the point where I'm terrible in a conversation because I'm attempting to pinpoint what type of green is it.

-reply by Char

Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Eye color has NOTHING to do with intelligence; as only a feeble-minded idiot would actually believe so. I'm of black, puerto rican and indian decent and have light brown/gold eyes with a dark blue ring around them, whenever I'm outside, they get VERY LIGHT like a brown/green color. I never noticed it until one day while outside talking to my father; he gave me this odd look saying; my goodness; your eyes, they change colors! I get compliments on my eyes all the time, I have no need to change them for anything or reason. I love my large deep-set almond shaped eyes. Being black with features that are not considered 'black' will get you stared at and stupid questions asked of you.  There is no real standard of beauty.  People like Mermaid 711 is clueless to say the very least.

-reply by idalis

I am the exact opposite. I have naturally blue/gray eyes but I have always felt that rich, deep chocolate brown nearly black eyes were gorgeous and far superior to lighter colored eyes. For me this is more the overall package however. I have always felt that ethnic beauty was FAR superior to lilly white. I myself am caucasian although I do have naturally dark brown hair.

I checked out that change the iris color website (thanks for pointing that out) Too cool! I wonder could they change a blue eyed person to a dark brown color? I just emailed to find out. 

-reply by Asha

I don't see why people would want to change their eyes away from brown/the variations thereof. My eyes are a deep blue colour and while I don't hate them, I don't think they're that nice, either. 

I'm always jealous of people with brown eyes. And I find deep, gorgeous brown eyes on men very sexy. Seriously, your eyes are beautiful, and I wouldn't change them. Well, I'll swap you, if you want. 

-reply by Louise

I  was  considered   by  most people  to  be  a  strikingly  beautiful  baby, child  and  teenager. Many  strangers  would  come  up  to  me  and  my  parents  in public  places  and  say  what  a  gorgeous  , beautiful   baby  and  child.  I   never  had  big  lips,  I  had /have normal  size  lips  and  a  pretty  delicate shaped  mouth, and  even  as  a  baby  and  child  I  had  high  cheek  bones, a  small  pretty  shaped  nose, an  oval  shaped  face, very  big  dark brown  beautiful  deepset  doe  eyes , (and  many  people thought  they looked black  because  of  the  contrast  of  my  light  red  hair  and skin) light  skin, strawberries  and  cream  complexion,  no  freckles  and red  blonde  hair  that  was  much  redder  than  strawberry   blonde.

My  mother was  an  artist  and she went  to  art  school  and  she  even  sold  some  of  her sculptures  in  a few  local  galleries. She  drew me  in  pastels when  I  was  5,  she  sculpted  my  face  when I  was  7  and  she  drew  me  in  charcoal  pencil  which  I  sat for  when I was  18.

She  never  drew  or  sculpted  my  sister  who  is  4  years  older  though  and  was  only considered very  cute  and  average  pretty  and  who  looks  nothing  like  me. My  sister  had and  has medium  brown  hair,average  color comlpexion  and  pretty big  green  eyes, though  not  as  big  as  mine  especially  when   I  was  a  baby  and  child, my  eyes  looked  even  more  big  and  beautiful.

My mother  saw people feature by  feature  as  an  artist  and   I  once  asked  her  if  she  thought  a  soap actress  was  pretty and  she  said, no  she  has  an  ugly  nose, and  she  did, her  nose  was  kind  of   flat  and kind  of   spread  out  shaped.

I have blue eyes and I wouldn't trade them for any other eye color! I'm not saying that brown, green, and hazel eyes aren't attractive, I just think blue eyes are the prettiest. That doesn't mean someone with brown eyes is unattractive and everyone with blue eyes is attractive. Anyway, beauty should be based on the whole package inside and out, not just one specific physical feature!

-reply by amanda

that is so not true...Umm hello? Jessica Alba, Monica Belluci, Alessandra Ambrosio, Izabel Goulart, Beyonce, Eva Longoria, Eva Mendes (who was voted by askmen. As the hottest female I think last year), Kyra Knightly,  Selma Hayek, Catrherine Zeta Jones, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez and I can go on if you want?:) I have big brown eyes which sometimes go green over the day and I hate it when that happens (it usually happens when there is a lot of sunlight or any strong light but otherwise they are brown) and I have long dark brown/black hair...And I was the hottest chich in high school and I am still one of the hottest chicks at uni. People always compliment me on my eyes wherever I go. I personally prefer dark eyes over light ones because I find them mysterious and sexy...<p>most blue eyed actresses and models wear contact to have a clear blue color because most blue eyes have this dreamy blurry blue color. I go for guys with dark eyes and dark hair and the thing you read is the dumbest thing I've ever heard , if a girl is pretty it doesnt really matter what color are her eyes or hair. Some people prefer light eyes some prefer dark eyes. Just think of george clooney...:) he's gorgeous!<p>it changes all the time, this year blue eys and dark hair is popular, last year blonde hair and brown eyes was popular...It's best to stay natural DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING THAT SURGERY! :) 

-reply by princess

Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less AtractiveWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

I do have blue eyes and love them! I do have to say that wearing makeup can be a hassle. I have to pick just the right color or my eyes won't look as bright and kind of washed out. I'd say that having brown eyes would make makeup so much easier because you can pretty much wear any color including blues that I deeply desire to wear. I have seen many people with gorgeous brownish eyes. I do wear glasses and can't really argue that lighter colored eyes can't really see as well. I wouldn't worry at all about not given a chance to live your dreams. Just do everything you can to work your way to the top. It was interesting to hear what people thought about this subject. I do have to say that I am in LOVE with green eyes right now..

-reply by BubbleTea