xisto Community
Mermaid711

Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

I personally prefer darker eyes, I have amber brown eyes and get compliments on them as regularly as my friend who has amazing green eyes. I agree darker eyes add mystery and a more comforting look, I think lighter eyes are seen as colder and more intimidating. I dunno,I just think there is something more reassuring about darker eyes, nevertheless, all eye colours are beautiful

let me clear this up...Why Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?OK, first let me clear some stuff up. Amber eyes are not light brown, they are gold with hints of orange and green, yellow being the dominant color. Also, if you have amber eyes, they are a solid color, not layered. You actually have hazel eyes, which are often confused with amber eyes. Hazel is when two or more colors are layered in the iris, yours for example are amber on the inside, but green on the outside. Hazel eyes can vary greatly, and are more of a description than a color. I know people with hazel eyes who have green/brown eyes, blue/amber, brown/light brown, blue/brown/green etc. The most common combo is green/brown which is why amber and hazel are often mixed up. However, there is a huge difference rarity. Hazel eyes are the second most common, after brown, while amber eyes are extremely rare and are the rarest eye color that occurs without a genetic mutation (such as albinoism) with less than .5% of the worlds population having them. Light brown is NOT amber, but simply a lighter shade of brown.

In my country most people have grey/blue, blue or grey eyes so brown eyes, the darker the better are is a trait a lot of people long for and find attractive in other people.  I have black/brown eyes, they're relatively small and nearsight corrective eyeglasses does nothing to improve the size visually, plus I've got short, straight lashes that slant downward because I'm adopted from a country where that's the dominant eye color. 

So a lash curler and 5 layers of mascara plus a light colored eyeliner is a must to draw attention to my eyes but when people notice my eyes they're often mesmerized and can't stop complimenting on them. 

My husband has gorgeous blue eyes but generally I don't tend to notice eyes of lighter color because I'm so used to seeing light eyes around me.  I don't care for eyes as dark as mine but I can't stop staring into my sons eyes who all have medium-dark brown eyes but not as dark as mine.  Their eyes are also larger and they have long curly lashes.  I think that as much as their eye color makes their eyes look more attractive than mine. 

-reply by Vinthic

You sound very shallow and so must your mother have been.  She must also have been very insensitive.  I wonder how your sister feels about never having been the subject of your mother's artistic expression?  Regarding the soap actress' nose; If you're not accustomed to seeing a certain shape/trait you may think it's unattractive or you don't think critically for yourself so you don't assess why something is considered more attractive than something else by mainstream society.  So someone's nose didn't live up to your mother's Eurocentric view of human aestetics.  Sad and shallow woman artist or not!   

-reply by Guest

why are darker eyes considerd less attractiveWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Hi you know I have the same problem. But I am reminded of a story my mom told me.Girl:God why did you make my hair so curlyGod:so when you run you don't get stuckGirl:God why did you make me so darkGod:so you could stay in the sun for as long as you wantGirl:why are my legs so longGod:so you can run to catch your foodGirl:why did you give me dark eyesGod:so you may sit and stare upon natureGirl:God one more question why am I in alabamaI hope that made you feel better-reply by Asia k

Brown EyesWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?I actually find brown eyes to be the most attractive eye color(not because I have brown eyes,either). There is just something warm and sensual about brown eyes, especially when it's paired with brown hair and light skin. I pretty much described my perfect mate. Even though I like brown eyes, I've heard people say that brown eyes are ugly. Everyone has a built-in code that makes them attracted to certain eye colors. I do find other eyes colors to be attractive on a few people, but not as often as brown eyes. The media only send signals to people that exotic colored eyes are the best ones, so thats why a lot of people with brown eyes think they are ugly or boring. So, my point is that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".-reply by John

On the Iris Implant SurgeryWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

On the Tyra Show, she did an episode of "black market cosmetic surgery/medical work" and one of the ladies that appeared talked about how she flew to Panama (I can't remember exactly though) and that during the implant she felt a lot of pain. When she got back to the states, she had to have her eyes redone because the doc had done major damage. Now she has macular degeneration and cataracts, etc. And she's probably going to go blind before she's 40. Now all she wishes for is to have her own eyes back the way they were even though they were a dark brown -- but at least she could see back then.

And I agree with some of the comments above, I think that brown eyes are beautiful. As are green eyes, blue eyes, red eyes, purple eyes, grey eyes ...  I'm Asian and my eyes are so dark that I used to think they were black when I was younger and yes, I went through the phase where I thought I wanted blue or grey eyes but after really studying my iris, I think of them as black pools that can look very intense and sensual. 

On another note, I vaguely recall a survey I read a few years back that people think brown eyes are more friendly looking than lighter colored eyes. Which can make sense since brown is a 'warmer' color and blue (for example) is 'cooler'.

I think you should go out on a date with your boyfriend, and forget your contacts. Don't say, hey, I don't have my contacts in, just be subtle. If he notices, that means that he pays attention to you, and if he pays that much attention, then hes not going to break up with you for something as stupid as eye color. 

What color eyeliners do you use?  I have the same color eye as you.  I stopped at Sephora today and sawsome light blue liner and light purple liner, but I wasn't sure if they looked weird...The last time I tried white eyeliner, my friend said it looked weird.  I probably applied it wrong though.

Brown eyes - better visionWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?

Brown eyes have one certain benefit, their vision stays longer good than light coloured eyes.

I enjoy both dark and light colored eyes. I do not think that either one is more attractive than the other. Dark eyes are beautiful and full of mystery, while light colored eyes are bright and vibrant.Onto contact lenses, Wearing contact lenses are becoming harder to buy now a days because you need to have the contacts that suit your eyes (that means percription lenses). If you buy the contacts from second or third rate companies, then yes you might be putting your eyes in danger. I myself wear contacts (not colored) and they will not harm my eyes as long as I maintain them the right way. The concept is the same for prescription colored lenses, take them out when you are done for the day, wash in solution if they are reusable, or throw out the old pair and use the next supply. I am hazle eyes and as much as I love them, I am thinking about getting colored contacts (preferably in my perscription, but if not I'll wear glasses with them, no biggy)to mix things up.

Brown eyes - better visionWhy Are People With Darker Eyes Considered Less Atractive?<p>Brown eyes have one certain benefit, their vision stays longer good than light coloured eyes.</p>

I think dark eye colors are the most attractive, personally. And not just browns. I love very dark blues. I myself, have almost denim colored eyes that have the subtlest sparks of yellow. My twins has the same color and my little sister has gorgeous chocolate eyes. Dark eyes seem more intense. But I also think that light eyes have their lurks. They stand out alot. But eye color isn't all that important And all eyes are beautiful.

Your eyes are beatiful and the datum you are sharing with us today it?s truth and now in my country for example 90% or maybe more have dark eyes including me. When there is a girl with blue, green or marron eyes there are a lot of boys behind her because here it is a lux to dating with a blue-eyes girl. I particularly don?t care about the eyes colour but I have to admit that I feel atracted for a woman with beatiful eyes and the atraction is maybe stronger with women with blue eyes. I am a medical student so I think that the surgery in Panama can be scam and I don?t believe anything of that. Maybe I am wrong. But in almost 6 years in the medical practice I have not heard about an iris surgery because the eyes surgeries have the risk to leave blind to the patient in one eyes and sometimes in the two eyes. So be careful I think this is only an advertising program to atract some people to Panama and steal your money and lose your vision. The most beatiful in the life is can see all the things surround us. It is a God?s gift to almost all the humans. Some kids born without the possibility of see to their mom, their dad, their brothers in fact the world and we are very lucky for having the priviledge to use our two eyes like God say.So don?t be scam for those guys this doesn?t smell good.

I don't think that you should base the fate of the person base on the eye color. You are pretty or handsome on the way you carry yourself and the way you choose make up that will compliment your eyes. Surgery is a big no-no and it is really scary. You are beautiful, no matter what the color of your eyes.

it depends if you have long eyelashes they make your eyes look more attractive it really inst the color take a look at Kim kardashian she has dark eyes an long eyelashes her eyes are beautiful ur eyes are not they lack eyelashes