xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAlex

Do You Believe:losing Weight By Eating At Mcdonald's! A man said he lost 80 pounds on McDonalds Diet

Do you often go to McDonald's? You must know that the diet there is not very good for keeping fit and is harmful for health.Yes, I also have read much about that on newspaper. But this story made me surprised:

A 42-year-old businessman called Chris Coleson lost about 80 pounds in six months by eating nearly every meal at McDonald's.
He didn't eat Big Macs, french fries and chocolate shakes,but mostly salads, wraps and apple dippers without the caramel sauce.

He weighed 278 pounds in last December,now the 5-foot-8 Coleson weighs 199 pounds and his waist size has dropped from 50 to 36.

He said he chose McDonald's because it's convenient.His inspiration came from his two children and from the story of a blind war veteran who rode a tandem bicycle cross-country.

Coleson says his goal is to get back to the 185 pounds he weighed when he married Tricia Summer. Their 10th anniversary is Saturday.

After reading this, what is your opinion? Is this a soft advertisement coming from McDonald? or Do we need to change our minds about fast food ????? ;)
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I find it hard to believe he really ate the meals, sounds like he was starving himself. The salads at mc'donalds (with dressing) in fact have more calories then a standard cheeseburger with toppings. It is possible, but come on, why mc'donalds of all places?..talk about making it hard on yourself.

Fast food is what it is: bad. I have never really liked it. If it was up to me I would never go to McDonald's, but still I go there about twice a year. Have any of you watched a film named "Supersize me"? Maybe that will convince you (even) more.Maybe this man's "new diet" contained less calories then the older one. Like someone said further above the dressing on a salad contains a lot of calories. I think that they new food he started eating caused him to loose weight because he did not eat as much as before, or that it did not make him full. Because going on a McDonald's diet does not sound good. Sure, if you ate a lot more food before than maybe. But for the regular guy it would not work.If this is some advertising from McDonald's then they have just sinked on a new level. Pathetic.

Perhaps he chose McDonald's because the food is so gross, he knew he couldn't eat too much of it! ;)I don't know why you would pick this food if you wanted to go on a diet...seems like fresh produce would be a much tastier and healthier idea. But different things work for different people I guess.

Of course it's possible, because salads, wraps and apple dippers without the caramel sauce are healthy. If he had eaten the regular meals offered by Macs, this wouldn't be the result. Choice of food also determines your health condition. That's why I never put the blame on fast food chains like Macs of KFC. Sure they weaken us with temptations, but the greatest responsibility still lies in parents teaching their kids to choose the right types of food to eat when they are young. It's a good thing that Macs is offering healthier food now, though if I wanted to eat healthy food, Macs wouldn't be my first choice.

There's a lot of McDonald franchise here. But I don't like eating there. Anyway, my parents never allow me go to McDonald when I was a kid. They say it's unhealthy, and a stupid little me just believe LOL.

It matters on your metabolism. I can eat 2 big macs and a large soda and fries from mc donalds every day with a milk shake and all the candy I want and not gain a pound. One of my friend Adrian is the same. I know its not good for you though. Thats a obvious duh but who cares nothing is good for you any more... Even just talking on the cellphone can give you brain cancer. I heard star light can even give you cancer =/. Im not to sure on that though. Its possible .Also exercise and how long you exercise will make a huge diffrence

Edited by tuckinfypos (see edit history)

I don't believe that weight really has to do with your food intake, as much as your metabolism and activity.For example, during Basic Training in the US Army, we were eating 8500 calorie meals 3 times a day when out in the field. I know of people who would flip out with 2000 in one full day. But at the same time we all lost massive weight due to the fact that we were constantly active.I'm pretty sure there are many other cases to back this up as well, but I firmly believe that what you eat doesn't have to do with weight as long as you're not just sitting around all day, every day.

Ah well, I agree that if it really is an advertising scheme by McDonald's, it really is pathetic. Then again, if you're on a permanent low calorie diet for about six months and it suits your metabolism, you're bound to lose some weight. And come to think of it no one ever heard he was working out during that time..... he just might have ;) It doesn't hurt to have a backup plan eh?Anyway, I guess it depends largely on your metabolism and the diet that you're taking. And as far as McDonald's is concerned, I personally don't like the taste. Then again, I don't go for fast food much either.

wow. no offense but mcdonalds healthy meals are disgusting, i think he was starving enstead of eating.. how can you go to mcdonalds and order a salad.. thats just wrong.. pleeease i go there for my mcdonald figure gaining meals...i doubt he really ate ALL MCDONALDS.. hes lying

Impossible as those fast food salads are worse off in calories then salads that you make at home, he had to be doing some else like exercising and what. I swear ever since that whole Jared and subway thing people are trying to find ways to create these miracle diets and stuff. Odds are that he did more like exercising and cut down on all the unhealthy stuff or his calorie intake and what not. I am no health expert and I can verify that with the 30 pounds I have gain in the last 3 years, but food is a very Evil temptation so trying to cut back on some food is a tricky business and fast food should be taken in small doses and what not.

fast food is toxic. If you are going to go there to eat salads, you might as well buy some vegetables and make your own salads. A lot cheaper and would probably taste better. Him loosing the weight was probably because he was eating a lot of fast food before that, the change in diet helped him loose the weight.

Do you often go to McDonald's? You must know that the diet there is not very good for keeping fit and is harmful for health.Yes, I also have read much about that on newspaper. But this story made me surprised:

After reading this, what is your opinion? Is this a soft advertisement coming from McDonald? or Do we need to change our minds about fast food ????? :P

Well it's not impossible. I believe he could have lost some weight. Apple dippers for breakfast, chicken wrap for lunch, and a salad for dinner. Yes, I believe it can be done. No we don't need to change our minds about fast food, its all about what and how much you consume. And it also depends on your body type. I am a slim woman. I eat alot and I have no idea where it goes. So it all depends on the person.

wow. no offense but mcdonalds healthy meals are disgusting, i think he was starving enstead of eating.. how can you go to mcdonalds and order a salad.. thats just wrong.. pleeease i go there for my mcdonald figure gaining meals...
i doubt he really ate ALL MCDONALDS.. hes lying

so true. only thing good are the fri's but there bugers and every other thing they have? that could kill in the wrong hands. can we say biohazard