xisto Community
keego

Signs Of Pregnancy does anyone know how u can tell if ur pregnant?

HiI've just had my period 9 days ago, and jst abt 2 days ago.. i started having slight red discharge .. i looked it up on the net and it said something abt brown spotting / blood spotting. so i thought thats probably what im experiencing but im not quite sure. cause its pinkish red not brown. and alot of the women who experienced brown spotting after their period got pregnant or was pregnant. im gettin abit worried. has anyone experienced the same thing? Can it be that im jst unhealthy?

Best to make an appointment with a Doctor and seek a professional opinion on this matter. Especially if it continues or gets worse.

While it's best to see you gynocoligist if you start having problems, you're probably not pregnant unless you've been sexually active rather recently. Women's genitals are self-cleaning organs. So it's typical to get discharge soon after your period. But if you have any menstrual fluid in your. . .um. . . woman parts. . .and it mixes with the discharge, you get a pinkish brown discharge.It's best if you see your OBGYN though.

Edited by Mermaid711 (see edit history)

I would say its unlikely that you are pregnant and discharge does happen sometimes, I would jsut talk it over with your doctor or ob. Maybe get a test just to make sure, But like the last person said ynless youve been sexually active since your last period it is very unlikely that you are pregnant! I wish the best for ya!

Somehow I don't think one would ask such a question unless they were sexually active. The real question is have you been using protection or not? Spotting between periods is a common happening and usually doesn't mean a whole lot. However, if you haven't been using any kind of birth control and/or your partner didn't use protection, then you need to consult a doctor. As suggested, and OBGYN is your best bet, however, your family doctor can do a urine pregnancy test. Then of course, there is always the self administered urine tests that you can get at a drugstore. Whatever you decide is up to you, but if you are truely concerned, get tested ASAP.

Somehow I don't think one would ask such a question unless they were sexually active. The real question is have you been using protection or not? Spotting between periods is a common happening and usually doesn't mean a whole lot. However, if you haven't been using any kind of birth control and/or your partner didn't use protection, then you need to consult a doctor. As suggested, and OBGYN is your best bet, however, your family doctor can do a urine pregnancy test. Then of course, there is always the self administered urine tests that you can get at a drugstore. Whatever you decide is up to you, but if you are truely concerned, get tested ASAP.

umm no we don't use protection what so ever , thats it been like that for 4 yrs.. its jst that he takes it out before hand . so in other words doesnt cum inside however i do sometimes remember that he might not take it out in time.. thats the only reason thats making me worried. but yer im getting tested today. thanks for the help.. i jst didnt know what it was so i searched the net and it said something abt brown spotting.. so i wasnt so sure if there was ne other reason for it until u guys told me.

im kinda relieved now.. its been worrying me all night.

thanks for the help.

Trust me guys are not fast and besides there is such thing as pre-cum that is what you have to worry about because that stuff can get your pregnant as well. Of course a sure sign that your really pregnant is morning sickness and your body going from hot to cold and cold to hot. Also I am actually surirse you been doing that for 4 years and not once got pregnant from that, he must be fast in pulling out in time then.

well, it happened to a friend a while ago, and we told her to go check if she was pregnant, and guess what? she was.. she was like two weeks pregnant. so i say check, just to make sure with a doctor, i dont want you freaking out for nothing, you know.. but yeadid you have sex? cuz i mean.. babys dont come outa nowhere haha

I agree, this is a dangerous practice. There is a rhythm system that used to be popular years ago as well. Neither were very good birth control methods. I too am surprised that you have kept from getting pregnant for 4 years with this method. Haven't you heard of condoms? All forms of birth control have their short comings. Only abstinance is 100% effective. But I guess in your case that won't be possible.;)

BTW, how did your test come out.?

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

I don`t think you might be pregnant becoz you had your periods.you are just assuming ma dear friend ,for you to be sure juss buy a home pregnant test to get your true results.,if you don`t receive your period next month then there is possibility, did you ever hve sex before?thats a big qstion that you shld ask yourself.

I don`t think you might be pregnant becoz you had your periods.you are just assuming ma dear friend ,for you to be sure juss buy a home pregnant test to get your true results.,if you don`t receive your period next month then there is possibility, did you ever hve sex before?thats a big qstion that you shld ask yourself.

lol well yer i had sex before thats why i was worried. but its all good now
thanks everyone. i did a test and im not pregnant, my friend reckons i had a miscarriage because i was still bleeding after that. but i dnt think so
oh wells . if it happens again ill go get a check up

ty again

Why would you bring up a topic that was so OLD? I mean this was the middle of last year. Not only that her question was resolved as Indicated by her last post. It was noted yesterday by a moderator to not bring up old topics. Keep that in mind, yes?

Why would you bring up a topic that was so OLD? I mean this was the middle of last year. Not only that her question was resolved as Indicated by her last post. It was noted yesterday by a moderator to not bring up old topics. Keep that in mind, yes?

I have to agree with you Zeyo, some of these older topics should be closed off. as for the topic at hand, I hope everything came out okay and as you both wanted it to be.

Pregnant or Irregular Period?Signs Of Pregnancy

I got my period on the 14th of May (Thursday) and it lasted 7 days, which is unusal for me, it generally lasts only 5 or 6.  On Saturday, May 16th, I had sex with my fiance. Right after sex I started to bleed again. It was bright red blood, not a whole lot, but enough to make me nervous. It only lasted a few minutes, then for the remainder of the day and two days after that, I was having brown discharge. I don't know if this is just an irregular period or if this is a sign of something more serious. I have never had an irregular period in my life and I'm 24. Although I recently had an ovarian cyst that just disappeared, I don't know if that has anythign to do with it. Any feedback is much appreciated!