xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Blonde Stereotypes.

Okay, if anyone else here is blonde, you know how I feel. You feel my pain. Hahaha.Anyway, in American and most of Westeren culture, there is a stereotype that all blondes are ditzy, airheaded, and very stupid. This is all in fact, NOT TRUE!I'm blonde, and I make all A's and high B's. I'm in the National Junior Honor Society. I'm in band. I play tennis. I take ALL Pre-AP and AP classes. I don't cut corners. I'm not an airhead.As a matter of fact, most blondes are not any dumber than brunettes. The truth is, hair pigmentation has nothing to do with one's intelligence.And you may have seen a blonde have a blonde moment. Do you know why they have these? Because society puts pressure on us to act that way. Well, I'm putting my foot down. I refuse to be characterized like that.Anyway, people always crack blonde jokes to me. When really I can out smart them. When I was in kindergarten, I took an IQ test. My score was 130. Genius level is 145. I'll let you do the math.So we're not stupid, we're not dumb. So shut up.

I saw what you wrote in the Shoutbox. ;):) Stereotypes are an unfortunate thing, but it's really how you take it and react to it that makes it a bad thing or a good thing. Some of us fall right into the general assumption of things, and maybe you're just a special case out of a rather surprising number of blond people who are actually capable of solving a function to graph a parabola, or tell me specifically what's wrong with my car, or even let me know that Vista is actually a viable operating system for most consumers. Some people almost embrace stereotypes and form other stereotypes with that (i.e. a lot of people took in a bit of black culture and now we have stereotypes for "white people acting black"); some people take it in and make it a joke so that there are no feet to tread on (like me); and then some people are sensitive about the whole matter and let it bother them.Personally, I know a lot of blondes (and brunettes, and redheads, and whatever you call black-haired people... blackheads? :) ) that are really smart and surpass me in IQ tests, grades in school, et cetera, and I'm Asian, so that's supposed to mean that I'm wicked smart, know a lot about computers, love taking pictures, be short in stature, et cetera. Am I an exception? Are you?(By the way, some preassumptions are true about me, but we won't tell anyone that!) ;) I think you should let people make their assumptions about you. The way I see it, in that aspect you can only dazzle and amaze people with your unexpected wit and knowledge. :)

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

Intelligent people have high grades and a good IQ but having high grades and a good IQ does not make you intelligent. Even, Binet, the creator of the IQ test agrees that something like intelligence can not be quantified on a linear scale so there are major flaws in the IQ testing system. ;)

Anyway, I think this serves as conclusive proof that being American, blonde-haired and female makes you naturally stupid:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

;)

In all seriousness, though, stereotypes are just harmless fun when used in moderation and inoffensively. Everyone falls into some category and you just have to live with it...

I was blond when I was born. When I was 3-4 it changed into dark brown. My hair is not that brown any more, a bit lighter.

Anwyay. I know a lot of blonds. A lot of them. And even though hair colour has nothing what-so-ever to do with intelligence, sometimes it does not seems like that. One of the girls I know act blond. And no, she is quite good at school. Kind, helpful and funny. But she has her stupid moments - but the difference is that she has a lot of them. But she acts that way. It is very annoying when a beautiful girl like her wants to act in such a way. She acts kind of sluttish. "Ooops, I totally forgot that I did not have anything underneath my jacket. Sorry guys." Sort of like that. Fun? No. Not when you know what a great girl she really is.

As electriic ink said above: Everyone falls into some category and you just have to live with it... I also fall into some sort of category. If I do not like it, then I can do something about it. You are what you want to be, and not what everybody else puts you in. These categories sucks, but they will probably always exist. It is like when I am waiting for my bus on a bus stop, I can look at these other "gangs" that are also waiting and just by looking at them and noticing how they act, I can put them in a category. (In my mind.)

But I gotta say this: It seems like blonds are stupider. Of all the blond girls I know I can think of one that is really clever and that do not fit into the "airhead category."

Live with it. I live with the fact that some people tend to put me in categories that I really hate. People will always be categorized.

I know a lot of blondes who are actually very smart, but I can totally see where the stereotype of the "dumb blonde stereotypes" come from.

The truth is, people (especially women) seem to think that blonde hair is the most attractive form of hair. Now, I totally disagree with this, I think black or dark brown hair is a lot prettier, but this doesn't stop most everyone else from believing otherwise. Anyway, a lot of people dye their hair blonde for whatever reason...mostly they think it makes them prettier and they're insecure with their normal self so they feel they have to change something. These people are the dumb ones. Thing is, people like this who dye their hair blonde are usually the ones (in my experience) who follow all the blonde stereotypes, e.g. dumb, slutty, etc... And that's where the stereotypes come from. I once knew a girl who dyed her hair blonde, and she totally fit all the blonde stereotypes...then she dyed her hair brown and nothing else changed. ;)

That being said, I do see a lot of blondes who follow the so called "blonde stereotypes" but mostly these are the people who are the dye-their-hair-blonde types. Also, I see a lot of people who aren't blonde who behave the same way. So I guess judge people for their own person...you shouldn't be judged just based on your hair color.

Edited by cangor (see edit history)

know why blonds are stupid ? cause man like them that way ;) ...and you don't need to be naturally blond to be blond ;)stupid is cause lots of females who f**k they're a**es are that way...I have no problem with that, I don't accuse blond girls.. (I may laugh with my friends about them but that's all) and if she's stupid why to tell her? she'll never understand that anyway...

haha thats stupid to label people by the way to look.. i mean, not all asians are born to be GEEKSQUAD members, who can do calculus in their head, without the use of a calculator, and not all blondes are stu[pid cheerleaders who only care about looking cute, shopping, getting drunk, partying and getting all the cute guys.. haha (: i know how you feel.. haha.. but well maybe not, i dont know how your personality is..but most people label me based on my personality to be, some stupid girl who doesnt care, or is too cool/happy to do well in school.. which is so not true, haha im so taking two ap classes next year in high school, and i have a 3.5 GPA..

"As long as you're enlightened, you don't need to care about the waste of brain tissues."Simple as that. If you know that hair pigmentation has absolutely nothing to do with any aspect of the brain, then fretting over other people's ignorant views and opinions about things shouldn't matter to you. Once you learn to be indifferent towards such comments of generalization, things would be much better. Not just blond stereotypes, any generalization whatsoever has hardly any basis inside it. It's just stupid to generalize people so you shouldn't really care what other people say. Posting here or anywhere at all won't get you to ban the stereotype, you can't kill a joke, indifference is the only scratch for the itch. It's really easy to not feel a victim. I am fat and that too comes with alot, alot of preconceptions about me.In my honest opinion, as long as you don't care and tell your kids not to too, your morality won't really make you feel guilty of anything. XD

i think that all stereotypes have an underlying truth to them, no kidding, for example about every gas station i've gone to had someone from the middle east or some sorts working there, and yes a mojority of hispanic imigrants do lawn work, and most of the jews i know have money. you may say it's coensidential, yah true i agree, but likely that's how most stereotypes begun. so maybe a while back a lot of girls who where blond thought they were the best looking things ever and got everything they wanted so they stop caring about education so vouala here you go the start of a stereotype. but no offence to you don't take that kind of stereotype to heart because it's not hurting blonds at all there's a lot more serious steriotypes that effects bigger populations (ex. if you fill an application they aks for you race/nationality not your hair color). so dont worry no one really seriously thinks that blonds are dumb i sure don't but the jokes are funny.

Stereotypes are indeed everywhere, but many do tend to bite it on the lip and try to move on with life. But there always seem to be a reason how the stereotype is formed, for example convenience stores run by the nice Asian and/or middle east folk. But there are always the exemptions, eg Convenience store run by the local townsfolk which ancestors were from Europe and the like. Or another example being that Kids tend to be the best at Computer Games, yet there are a few adults (or the stereotype 'Kid at Heart') which may tend to perform better than most kids.