xisto Community
Medzii

Workout Tips? Gym and more

Ok I have some tips for you:

Sleep well, around 7 - 9 hours a day. You have to sleep well so that your muscles could have some rest and grow. Moreover, during your sleep, your body releases a hormone called Growth Hormone which helps your muscles and bones to grow. So sleeping well is essential and in case you do not sleep well, you will end up exhausting yourself for nothing.

2. Drink ALOT of water. You have to drink 2-3 liters of water everyday because water is an essential element for your body. It constitutes 70% of your body so treat it that way. Moreover, water is need by the cells to perform metabolic reactions and body functions. Also, plasma is the major part of your blood and it is around 90% water. So I guess you've got the idea...

3. If you're about to start working out (I'm assuming that you are not in a training program yet), start with very low weights during the first two weeks, then start increasing the weights slowly and progressively during the first 3 - 4 months. After that you can start adding up as much weight as you can lift to gain mass. This is the bulking phase of your training; so you need to do big weights and a small number of sets and reps (3 sets / 8 reps). After doing that for around 8 - 10 months, you can switch to the cutting phase of your training; so now you have to do low to moderate weights with many sets and reps (4 sets / 15 - 25 reps), in addition to that you HAVE TO do cardiovascular exercising so that you would lose the extra fats. Do that for around 3 months and then switch back to the bulking phase and so on. If you follow this program I assure you to have a great body 2 years from now.

4. Proteins and supplements are good for you. After you have spent 4 -5 months working out at the gym, you can start taking protein shakes. Protein shakes are the nutrients of your muscles, they give you mass and maintenance of your muscle. Amino acid supplement gives your muscle a nice form. So use a combination of protein shakes and amino acid supplements and you'll notice considerable results. Stay away from steroids because they have alot of side effects. Okay they give you a great shape in no time, but they bad for you, and what's the point of working out in the first place if you're going to build up an "artificial" body?!

5. Eat appropriately, and by that I mean you have to eat 4-6 meals a day. But you need to eat little amounts of carbohydrates and fats/lipids, and as much as you can of proteins and vegetables. If you do not eat, your muscle wouldn't grow bigger, so food is essential.

6. Abs and legs are also a part of your body! So do not neglect your abs and legs while you work out! A body without a 6 pack wouldn't look nice no matter what you do. And it's also important to work out your legs because it's totally not good to have a big and muscled upper body while your lower body is tiny.

Hopefully those tips are good for you... in case you have any questions, feel free to post them Posted Image

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

It depends. It depends on many factors actually:1. Your body build (weight, height, etc)2. What you are used to3. What your max is4. Your time commitmentNow, I'll just explain how I would do it for my size, weight, and height. I'm 17, about 150lbsFirst thing I would do in a gym every year is max out. What I mean by that is, figure out what my body can handle on all the exersizes. Box jumps, squats (w/ weights), bench, DB press, etc. This is a key to weight lifting. You never do even close to this amount when doing reps. EVER. The point of maxing out is getting as much weight as you can possibly do, at a safe level though of course. So start out small like 40 lbs (i know its very small but just start with it), on each side if you were doing bench for example, and then do 3 reps, and if ur good, skip to 50, and keep going until you max out. I suggest only doing 1-3 reps of each. If your having struggle on any one, you must be able to do 3 before you can say you maxed out on it. If you can't do 3, then you must go down lower. Now once you have that, its making a plan for you. I suggest doing hardcore lifting one day with ab routine at the end, skip a day of working out, then do little lifting the next day, along with a bunch of arm building things, like bridges etc. then skip a day, then do hardcore lifting again. Now, lets put this plan on a monday, tuesday, friday basis. Monday's lifting, and friday's lifting must be different or you will wear your body out. I don't mean different as in different routine, i mean work on a different part of the body. However, I suggest for every day, you do the DB press. Its very helpful. The biggest thing about weight lifting in general is, always lift in a secure place, like the Y, or your high school, somewhere where you can get help immediatly right away if needed. The biggest thing I can tell you, without going inside your mind is, if you really want to weight lift you must know the basics behind it. Maxing out is great, but that only rips your muscles. When you use max weights, you rip muscles to make them bigger. But you don't want that, if you want the hard stiff muscles, you need a mixture of max and reps. Reps will tone your muscles, while maxing rips your muscles to make them bigger. If you just make them bigger, your arms won't look like they have muscle, but you will still be able to lift a lot

Hey again buddy, check out this thread: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/59679-workout-routines-share-them-here/
I've written a sample workout routine which you can follow, whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced bodybuilder. So hopefully this would be helpful for you as much as it was beneficial for me. Trust me, try it and you won't lose, I've tried it myself and I've seen great results. So good luck man :)

hello medzii,Nice to see such a topic on forum.As I joined gym since from five months. I would like to share the tips with you which are given by my personal trainer to me.100% successful workout is depend on two basic things:-1- Healthy diet- If you workout for two hours and you don't take adequate diet, then it will affect your workout. Take diet which contain healthy amount of proteins and carbohydrates, you can also go for protein supplementary advised by gym trainer, because proteins are necessary to recover your muscles strength and stamina. Also have some energetic food before going to workout, it is mandatory. 2- Rest- This is very very essential factor to have appropriate workout on next day. If you do workout and if your muscles don't get relaxed then it result in pain on next workout, also performance goes down.My experience for first month in gym,When I join the gym my weight was 50kg, after one month it goes to 55kg, i got this good result only because i follow that two basic principles regularly.After two months I got job, schedule gets disturbed, and my weight goes to 54kg in just few days.So my polite suggestion to you is don't only give 100% focus on workout, because our body gain depends on following percentages:-Diet :-50%Workout :- 25%Rest :-25%This configuration is not mine but my trainer suggest me.hope, if you follow this, i guarantee that you will not face any problem during workout. :lol:

workoutWorkout Tips?

Fruit flavor in a juice doesn't mean fruit nutrition. The label "100% fruit juice" is the key to getting fruit nutrition. Beverages labeled fruit drink, fruit cocktail, or fruitade may contain added sugars which often replace fruit nutrition. These added sugars may also increase the calories.----------------Smith-----------------

Make "It" flat? If you mean your stomach or abs area, there are a couple excersizes I love to do, and suggest you to do. The first excersize I like to call VsYou lay down on the ground, and lift your legs and head about 4-6" off the ground and quickly lift your hands up, and down and up again (thats 1 rep), usually with these I do 4-6 sets of 150. Their fairly easy to do after awhile, but you definatly, definatly feel it by the 6th set.The second excersize which is just awesome requires a band, and a excersize ball.All you do is tie the band to something, and start doing crunches, keep your hands straight, and just lift up, go down, lift up go down, regular crunches, keeping your hands straight above your head the whole time. Usually I do 4 sets of 20 with these.Next one requires a partner, and preferably some weight.Bench crunches, take a bunch, put it so ur back is off the bench, and start doing some sit ups, holding weight makes it way better, doing 4 sets of 30 is what I usually do. Their really easyBar CrunchesFairly easy, take a bar, start doing some crunches, really tones ur muscles.Bridges/PlanksForearms in front, lift up butt, not too high though, so you are making a bridge, but stiff like a plank. Do these for 45 seconds each, raising 5 seconds each day you do these. Make sure you don't just do front ones, but side planks (right arm down, then left arm down, 45 sec each way), and back planks with butt facing ground, but still like the forearm plank. Russian twistsFor this one, take a medicine ball, higher weight the better, sit up in the V formation like before, keep g oing side to side, touching the ball to the ground, without bouncing it, if you want a partner, go one side, next side, toss to partner, keeping in v formation while your partner does it, continue.Tree stumpsNeed a partner, you hold onto partner's legs while he's standing up, your laying on ground, lift up your legs, your partner will toss them to left a little bit (lightly) your feet don't touch ground, bring them up, then they toss them (lightly) to the right. Alright thats a lot of good ab routines to start out with, I have more of them if you want them.Also, if you do want to use protein shakes, make sure the protein mix powder says 100% whey, and make sure you use vanilla, that way you can mix with your own fruit and veges for best taste and full effects.

Edited by nol (see edit history)

hmm i left gym 2 years ago because i didn't have enough time and it really needs a lot of time to spend. in that time my trainer was very implying on very quite place for living so i even got windows changed with two layer ones for less noise from street. but actually i never understand what was reason for being in a quite place while sleeping because i can sleep even in a cinema :D . Diet is the most annoying part of going to gym, you have to prevent from every thing which you like to eat i had to eat more vegetable (i really hate vegetables) and less meat, i honestly should say if there was no lack of time then probably my reason for leaving gym was that horrible diet. another thing that was important was time of workouts. you never should miss the morning because it is the best time but i always missed that one so i was doing my workouts in afternoon but its not too effective. anyway i still have a paper which was given to me about calories each food has and calories each exercise will use but the interesting thing is that amount of calories that a specific exercise will burn is depended on time of doing that in my paper. Resting enough was very important too, i have another paper which specifies how much you should sleep depending on your age, wight, height and male or female. i really don't think that sleeping half an hour less or more will have that much effect but my trainer was very serious even for that 30 minute. my scanner is not working right now to scan those papers and share with you but i found most of their data are available on the net. anyway fitness is very important for me but it really takes time.

Ok I have some tips for you:
1. Sleep well, around 7 - 9 hours a day. You have to sleep well so that your muscles could have some rest and grow. Moreover, during your sleep, your body releases a hormone called Growth Hormone which helps your muscles and bones to grow. So sleeping well is essential and in case you do not sleep well, you will end up exhausting yourself for nothing.

2. Drink ALOT of water. You have to drink 2-3 liters of water everyday because water is an essential element for your body. It constitutes 70% of your body so treat it that way. Moreover, water is need by the cells to perform metabolic reactions and body functions. Also, plasma is the major part of your blood and it is around 90% water. So I guess you've got the idea...

3. If you're about to start working out (I'm assuming that you are not in a training program yet), start with very low weights during the first two weeks, then start increasing the weights slowly and progressively during the first 3 - 4 months. After that you can start adding up as much weight as you can lift to gain mass. This is the bulking phase of your training; so you need to do big weights and a small number of sets and reps (3 sets / 8 reps). After doing that for around 8 - 10 months, you can switch to the cutting phase of your training; so now you have to do low to moderate weights with many sets and reps (4 sets / 15 - 25 reps), in addition to that you HAVE TO do cardiovascular exercising so that you would lose the extra fats. Do that for around 3 months and then switch back to the bulking phase and so on. If you follow this program I assure you to have a great body 2 years from now.

4. Proteins and supplements are good for you. After you have spent 4 -5 months working out at the gym, you can start taking protein shakes. Protein shakes are the nutrients of your muscles, they give you mass and maintenance of your muscle. Amino acid supplement gives your muscle a nice form. So use a combination of protein shakes and amino acid supplements and you'll notice considerable results. Stay away from steroids because they have alot of side effects. Okay they give you a great shape in no time, but they bad for you, and what's the point of working out in the first place if you're going to build up an "artificial" body?!

5. Eat appropriately, and by that I mean you have to eat 4-6 meals a day. But you need to eat little amounts of carbohydrates and fats/lipids, and as much as you can of proteins and vegetables. If you do not eat, your muscle wouldn't grow bigger, so food is essential.

6. Abs and legs are also a part of your body! So do not neglect your abs and legs while you work out! A body without a 6 pack wouldn't look nice no matter what you do. And it's also important to work out your legs because it's totally not good to have a big and muscled upper body while your lower body is tiny.

Hopefully those tips are good for you... in case you have any questions, feel free to post them :D

Dear friend of mine your tips are really good and which should be followed by everybody. As being fit is every bodies necessity. I dont think there might be anybody who dont want to be fit. So your post is very useful for everyone.

i have another paper which specifies how much you should sleep depending on your age, wight, height and male or female.

Why not create a thread with that data ? You don;t need to publish your paper here but atleast summary will do. This will help many people here and outside the forum. If you don't want to post in forums then you can instead write blog entry and post it in status message or in this thread. I'm sure this will definitely help many people here who are looking for such information. So do post about it if you get time or would like to share a summary of that paper.