xisto Community
Framp

Htc Touch Diamond Or Iphone?

The HTC Diamond looks pretty good but it will be launched on 29 june (hopefully) and there aren't many apps;The iPhone it's really nice (and less expensive) but it doesn't have a qwerrty keyboard!!I'm really "in the air" :D What do you think about these 2 touch phone??

The HTC Diamond, as far as I know, doesn't have a keyboard. It uses a touch keyboard like the iPhone.The HTC Diamond has a GPS module, but since I haven't seen anything about it in reviews, I'd say it's a bit early comparing it with the iPhone.Especially with iPhone3G coming soon, with GPS, 3G and better design.So, it's all a wait an see matter. By the end of June we should have the answer. :DBy the way, I've seen the HTC Diamond YouTube app. Looks pretty slick. It plays videos in a pretty high rez.

The htc diamond apparently lacks the good network for good coverage:
https://www.engadget.com/
I would say the iPhone, because of yesterday's price drop. Who knows when the diamond it coming out? There's no set release date (correct me if I'm wrong)
I mean, seriously, EDGE towers? Who uses those anymore?

I got the htc touch (not dimond) and its pretty cool exept the fact that the apps are verry limited. I cant get anything desent on it but the iphone is cool after you get some homebrew on it. Its another mac vs pc moment but mac one for the first time since the ipod.

Edited by Dred25 (see edit history)

I JUST bought the HTC Mugol! It's my first cell for I ever had, I'm 17 in two months tooMy mom bought it because she wants me to get a job :DCurrently there is so much stuff on there I don't know where to begin.For me, if I had to chose between Ipod touch and diamond, I would chose my phone. This is because the ipod touch and diamond are that shiny *BLEEP* and I scratch things easy because I go to school and carry it around with me ect all the timeAnd mugol is nice :(

Video quality

Htc Touch Diamond Or Iphone?

I am planning to get a nice I phone with 8 or 16 GB soon. I loved the quality of video and sound of I pod. So whenever I will have one certainly I expect the same thing on my phone as well. It will be so kind of anyone who tell of about this.

-question by Niraj, Nepal

Csshih

The htc diamond apparently lacks the good network for good coverage:https://www.engadget.com/IWould say the iPhone, because of yesterday's price drop. Who knows whenThe diamond it coming out? There's no set release date (correct me ifI'm wrong)I mean, seriously, EDGE towers? Who uses those anymore?

Don't listen to Csshih, he knows nothing..I have a WCDMA diamond and it has EV-DO, which handles up to 3.1mb/s..And if thats not enough for a phone, then you have problems...

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: is the htc touch diamond 2 worth buying if you have a diamond?

The HTC Diamond looks pretty good but it will be launched on 29 june (hopefully) and there aren't many apps;The iPhone it's really nice (and less expensive) but it doesn't have a qwerrty keyboard!!
I'm really "in the air" :)

What do you think about these 2 touch phone??

I have an iPhone and one of my friend was exploring more details on the Diamond.
I should say... Diamond is not even close to iPhone on various fronts.

There are not many applications you can find for Diamond like in iPhone, where you have the appstore with 25k+ applications and more being added every day.
The interface is very intutive and gives the best user experience I have ever seen.

Now that OS 3 is also coming with the issues like copy/paste addressed + MultiMedia messaging etc. I am sure iPhone take Diamond hands down.

Sort of Htc Touch Diamond Or Iphone?

There are plenty of apps for the diamond, same apps as the Iphone.  They are just harder to find because of no marketplace or store that puts them all in one location it just takes a google search.  Also if you like the Iphone UI/theme but like the flexibility and customization capabilities of a WinMo device you can download and install an Iphone theme for the diamond.  I'm sure the original poster has already made a decision on which phone to get, it's really up to what you like.  If you like to fit in with what everyone else has get an Iphone, if you want something that is actually functional and truly a pocket computer get a diamond or diamond2 or touch pro or touch pro2. 

-reply by Aaron

You donHtc Touch Diamond Or Iphone?

You do not need aps with the HTC touch, it is a Pocket PC.

what you need is a good browser,,, get ( SKYFIRE ) it is free, and you have a computer in your hands, with Flash. Iphones do not have Flash. HTC touch with  the SKYFIRE browser, you have the most sophisticated Phone/Pocket PC in your hands, a lot faster than the Iphone.

You can listen to every radio station in the world, and watch every TV station also as long as you have a web site. It is your home computer on steroids. Give it a try.

Cheers

-reply by George

This is a question that have bugged many. From what I gather, iPhone is without a doubt, the preferred choice. And those who make the choice, it consist of people who owned the HTC phone.

I would go with anything but the Iphone. I don't support Apple.Although I do agree that the Iphone has a lot of neat features.. *must.. move.. away...from...the...darkness*

Simply said, QWERTY keypad > touch screen.HTC have its strength so do iPhone but if you prefer style over functionality then iPhone is all your choice. I feel funny on how many claimed iPhone is far superior than HTC.I have tried both phones and i lean more towards HTC more.

I like the HTC Diamond a lot but the HTC Diamond2, and some of the new phones from HTC that Windows Mobile are coming out, like the Fiesta, Mega and Firenze. So I would actually wait on this because the HTC Diamond is actually an old phone, though it may not seem like it in the United States of America because we are often the last to get HTC's love. To differentiate between the two phones, they run different Operating Systems and have different purposes. The HTC Diamond is a stellar phone in its own right. It combines Windows Mobile 6.1, and it will get Windows Mobile 6.5 when it is released, if it is not tied to a carrier firmware update. Its great for multi-tasking and multi-threading. It has a good processor though its only an old Qualcomm, its pretty good. The phone itself, doesn't look like Windows Mobile because it combines TouchFLO a theme and overlay developed my HTC for their lineup of Windows Mobile Phones. In own right, the HTC Diamond is better than its competition in the Windows Mobile Realm. Outside of that it may not be the best. In my opinion, unless you need Business Support, and use your phone as a Pocket Computer, instead of texting, browser, and mail, you don't need the HTC Diamond. Its too slow if you only want texting, browsing and mail. The iPhone has the best Touch Keyboard I've seen so far. So you might have some problems, there, and the capactive touchscreen doesn't work that well with Windows Mobile device. If you need a business phone I recomend the Touch Pro2, because it has the qualities of the Diamond plus an additonal hard keyboard, that lets you write faster and multitask better.