xisto Community
amirborna

Why I Don't Believe In God g0d

Kansuke please I don't get your answer you at first state that you are agreeing with me and then continue with using "you" throughout your post was this intended for me or for the Amir.Also I am not basing my opinion about bible on hollywood movies since I have in deed read parts of it not all but parts that were intriguing and interesting to me. And for your third reply. Bible was not written at Nicaea but compiled as you said. It was in fact written in the way I described it, and I am quite certain of that. I agree that it was not written like a novel and therefore I wrote there that it was written by many man over long period of time. Also wanted to add that they at Nicea in fact decided which parts from the holy scrolls are to be excluded from the holy book. Because there were some scrolls that stated indifferent things about Jesus and in fact about many other things that Church wanted to hide. In fact I would call Council at Nicea first big Church hideout. But this is topic for another discussion.

Well thats a very long answer when the real answer is Just IMO he doesn't exist, it's nice to know you'd go to the trouble of writing an excessively long post, people won't read just to explain to a group of people who don't really care that you believe that he doesn't exist but feel they have to reply otherwise feel they have lost the battle and that you are right. If theres is a post about god, please share this however, I disagree with the need to write a long winded explanation of something when no one asked for it. and im an athiest, this post would have been better if worded "This is what i believe what are your explanations for these points from a thiests point of viewand Kansuke What the hell?, what terror? If hell exists and Jesus died for our sins then it actually doesn't matter if you believe or not only that you wern't a hugely bad person. I find the idea of God scary, why should he have a choice in my life, just end me completely rather than wasting time with heaven and hell rubbish! My fear is that there is a God and he's as nasty and self centred as religion has led me to believe.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

The bible is a fairty tale to meAnd to the person who wrote a long essay for me, that say I hate Christains, it's not that at all. I have 3 white friends who are VERY religious, and on christmas they invited me to go to the candle lighting ceremony and I didIt was nice and all, because it was for all people of all religious :D We heard songs and lit candlesAgain, explain to me the reasoning behind the millions of lives God took in the bibleAnd alsoWhy isn't god in history now? Why did god only come out 2000- years ago, but not now? We haven't heard of him, nothing has happened, ect.I'll believe God when I see him. I have no hate towards nothing, It's just your God to me is like Zeus is to you. A story.

Kansuke please I don't get your answer you at first state that you are agreeing with me and then continue with using "you" throughout your post was this intended for me or for the Amir.

8(... sorry about that... yeah, I agreed with everything that I quoted from you hitman..... my post was directed at Amir, and I was just quoting some of what hitman said.

Now... Amir:

And to the person who wrote a long essay for me, that say I hate Christains, it's not that at all. I have 3 white friends who are VERY religious, and on christmas they invited me to go to the candle lighting ceremony and I did

All right, first of all, neither me nor hitman said that you hate christians. We said that you hate God.

Honestly, I don't think God cares (and neither do I care) that you hang out with christian friends. The fact is, you've made it clear you hate God.

Again, explain to me the reasoning behind the millions of lives God took in the bible

And also

Why isn't god in history now? Why did god only come out 2000- years ago, but not now? We haven't heard of him, nothing has happened, ect.

Yeah, God has killed alot of people. However, God has every right to do so. He created us, He can destroy us.

And for your other question: why does it seem God does not exist today?

You know that Tsunami that hit south-east asia a few years ago? You tell me that is not God's power.

You know how people survive cancer? You tell me that God did not have a roll in that.

Also, check this out: https://www.gotquestions.org/God-hidden.html

Also, if you have anymore questions, I think that you should check out this webpage before you ask them.... https://www.gotquestions.org/questions_God.html

Taken From Kobra500's post:

and Kansuke What the hell?, what terror? If hell exists and Jesus died for our sins then it actually doesn't matter if you believe or not only that you wern't a hugely bad person. I find the idea of God scary, why should he have a choice in my life, just end me completely rather than wasting time with heaven and hell rubbish! My fear is that there is a God and he's as nasty and self centred as religion has led me to believe.

First of all, everyone is a bad person. I am sorry, but that is the truth. Everyone of us sins. Because we sin, we cannot enter Gods presence because He is Holy. Why would God accept us if we have never accepted Him?

Also, God doesn't make choices in your life. You make them, and the outcome depends on your choices. Every action has an outcome.

As well, God is not nasty He is Holy. And about God being self-centered: read this (taken from https://www.gotquestions.org/):

Question: "What was God doing before He created the universe?"

Answer: Our finite minds find it hard to comprehend that before the universe was created, God existed alone. We know from John 1:1 that Jesus also existed: In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The preincarnate Christ was intimately united with the Father, so as to partake of His glory and to be appropriately called by the name God. He has himself explained it in John 17:5: And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

We also know that the Holy Spirit was present before we were created. Genesis 1:1 describes the Spirit hovering over the face of the dark and formless earth. So, before time even existed, God existed in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Trinity existed in perfect harmony and flawlessness, having all they needed in one another. David said in Psalms 16:11 that "joy and pleasures forever more" are in the presence of God. That means to be in the presence of God carries with it an overwhelming sense of joy, fulfillment, and pleasure. Before creation, God felt complete joy and fulfillment as He perfectly beheld and communed with Himself. God has and always will experience complete joy because He has complete and perfect knowledge of Himself.

So before He created the universe, God experienced absolute satisfaction in Himself. God dwelt joyfully alone in eternity as the Trinity. These three were together in fellowship with one another from all eternity. They loved each other. We know at some point they discussed the redemption of mankind (Ephesians 1:4-5; 2 Timothy 1:9; John 17:24), but everything else lies in mystery.

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

You're sick dude. You're saying that all those people in the tsunami deserved to die, so your power hungry God can show his power?That's not normal.If God can kill anybody he wants, he is not all loving.Your contradicting not only yourself but your bibleQuit making things up, and quit making yourself look bad.

Edited by amirborna (see edit history)

You're sick dude. You're saying that all those people in the tsunami deserved to die, so your power hungry God can show his power?

That's not normal.

If God can kill anybody he wants, he is not all loving.

Your contradicting not only yourself but your bible

Quit making things up, and quit making yourself look bad.

I never said that God was 100% love. In fact, I believe that is not biblical at all. God is capable of both hate and love. So, I never once contradicted myself with my post.

Maybe you should quit making things up, your making yourself look bad. But I'd be less worried about what everyone else thinks, and be more worried about what God thinks of you.

You're saying that all those people in the tsunami deserved to die, so your power hungry God can show his power?

I also stated how God can help people to get through cancer. Maybe you should read the whole post.

Seriously, you are thinking of God in human context. He is not human, so if you think of Him in human concepts, etc., your view of Him becomes skewed.

As I highly doubt you actually read all of my last post, I again ask you to read the articles here:

https://www.gotquestions.org/questions_God.html

I assure you that it will reveal quite a bit to you. However, it really seems like you are just trying to make others weak in their faith. YOU HATE GOD, and you are trying to make others do the same.

OK Amir firstly read my posts. Before you reply to them with some gibberish.

Kansuke is trying to explain you something and you don't even read his posts. He is setting up his opinion and everyone has right to do so. We are not here to find who is right or wrong because in this kind of discussion you cannot really find who is right or wrong. But we are here to present our facts and discuss it with everyone else.

And you as a starter of this topic are in fact doing the poorest job around. Why? Well simply because you don't present your facts you wrote something in beginning and both Kansuke and me including several other people have answered to you and you answer to us with some gibberish not even trying to read the hole post. Reading the post is one way of presenting respect in discussion.

It's just your God to me is like Zeus is to you.

Now if you would read my post in one another discussion you made similar answer. And there I was explaining how god is unique entity, If it exists. And not as you are showing up increase Christian God above all.

On the other hand important thing is to say that you really are on the quest against Christian God. Since most of the examples come from bible and refer to the bible in content not some other holy book.

I like the way you express yourself, the topic itself as well as the content you used to express your beleaves, even though i praticaly do not agree with you in almost everything, yes, you, in terms of religion, are different of me in almost every possible way/angle/point.Obviously, religion is not an exact science like mathmatics or anyother exact science alike, religion is not something you can see, allthough you can denote/see if someone, in front of you, beleaves in god or in a god, but you can not be certain, even if that person tell you, the person could be not telling you the real truth.Religion is a beleave, not a science, and it is not exact in nothing, there is no prof that a/one god exists or existed, and what is a god, people started to talk about gods to help them gain trust and positive/negative beleave in themselfs and/or in what themselfs do or want to do in terms of job, family, pleasure, work, et cetera.I beleave in a god, i am catholic, so i beleave in one god only, and i will never be like you, someone that does not beleave because it does not see, i guess you do not use your eyes really, if you understand what i mean.I prefer to beleave in a god then in no god, i prefer to beleave a god watches over us instead of no god, i prefer to beleave a god protects me or at least my guarding angel/angels protect me when i have no protection at all, that they protect me no matter what, that they protect me at all times.Beleaving in a god, in angels, in people alive, dead or something like that, makes me stronger, makes me feel more safe, with more trust in myself, my family, my dead relatives which i also beleave i will encounter them after i die, well...i could go on, i beleave in the spiritual world and in the spiritual mind over body, perhaps thats is what keeps the body really working, i want to beleave that.There is no body without a soul, or do you not beleave in soul? Do you beleave you have only your body in order for you to live, think, feel?You have sort of a sixth sence because you have something more then a body and minde, and that is the spiritual world, and it does not stop there, can't you see? Think about that, if you start there, you will finish in beleaving in other things, perhaps even in a god, who knows!

Lyon I must agree on most things with you. But the point is that the main reason why god appeared in the human history that is concept of God appeared in the human history because people couldn't explain certain things in nature like we know and understand them today. And then it kept on going because many people needed some explanation why are we here how did we came here and similar things and of course there is salvation and this is also the reason and need for salvation that increased the sens of god in our lives. -- Note that this post was not intended like discussion whether god exists or not but rather the historical point of view how gos arises. --

This topic seems to be mainly just an argument between KansukeKojima and hitmanblood vs. amirborna. So I will try to inject my opinions in here because I believe I am the most neutral of the bunch. So I do hope you three bother reading this post and perhaps utilize it to come to an agreement.

I was raised catholic, however not entirely. I participated in the sacraments, however I did not religiously go to church. I mainly only went on holidays. And now most of that has stopped, I only go to church on christmas and easter just to be with my family, however if they didn't go I certainly wouldn't go by myself. So do I believe in god? Well I certainly believe in A god, and I pray to Him every day. I believe in evolution and that this planet in particular was not created by god with the adam and eve story, however there must have been something, all powerful to have started it all. Are you telling me that from nothing at all, not even space, nothing, no souls, no god, no nothing, not any matter or anything at all, all of a sudden sprung out and entire universe. Something needed to create space. I know space means an area where there is nothing, however it still is something. Something needed to create the three dimensions of space. So this brings me to what I believe in. I do believe in a god who created this beginning, knowing that all of this was going to result from it, and is still with us watching over us and protecting us. And I pray to this God I believe in. However, as for the rest of the faith I do not know what I believe in. I'm not sure if I believe in His son, which is sad to me because if He does exist he is most likely crying for my salvation, however I cannot force myself to believe Him, my conscience is in the way. I do not believe in satan, why would an all knowing all powerful God create a rival just to send "bad souls" to. It sounds more like a playground struggle than a biblical story.

So because if this I really have no idea what to believe anymore, and if everything that the christian religion believes is true then I suppose I'm doomed for an eternity in hell which is even more sad seeing as my theories from god came directly from my parents and from others, so if it all exists, I am going to hell thanks to everyone else. You may say "Just take Jesus into your faith and pray to him", and yes I can do this, however I cannot force myself to believe in something. You try to believe in something that you don't already. You will find that it is very difficult.

[1] This topic seems to be mainly just an argument between KansukeKojima and hitmanblood vs. amirborna. So I will try to inject my opinions in here because I believe I am the most neutral of the bunch. So I do hope you three bother reading this post and perhaps utilize it to come to an agreement.

[2]I was raised catholic, however not entirely. I participated in the sacraments, however I did not religiously go to church. I mainly only went on holidays. And now most of that has stopped, I only go to church on christmas and easter just to be with my family, however if they didn't go I certainly wouldn't go by myself. So do I believe in god? Well I certainly believe in A god, and I pray to Him every day. I believe in evolution and that this planet in particular was not created by god with the adam and eve story, however there must have been something, all powerful to have started it all. Are you telling me that from nothing at all, not even space, nothing, no souls, no god, no nothing, not any matter or anything at all, all of a sudden sprung out and entire universe. Something needed to create space. I know space means an area where there is nothing, however it still is something. Something needed to create the three dimensions of space. So this brings me to what I believe in. I do believe in a god who created this beginning, knowing that all of this was going to result from it, and is still with us watching over us and protecting us. And I pray to this God I believe in.

[3]However, as for the rest of the faith I do not know what I believe in. I'm not sure if I believe in His son, which is sad to me because if He does exist he is most likely crying for my salvation, however I cannot force myself to believe Him, my conscience is in the way.

[4]I do not believe in satan, why would an all knowing all powerful God create a rival just to send "bad souls" to. It sounds more like a playground struggle than a biblical story.

[5]So because if this I really have no idea what to believe anymore, and if everything that the christian religion believes is true then I suppose I'm doomed for an eternity in hell which is even more sad seeing as my theories from god came directly from my parents and from others, so if it all exists, I am going to hell thanks to everyone else. You may say "Just take Jesus into your faith and pray to him", and yes I can do this, however I cannot force myself to believe in something. You try to believe in something that you don't already. You will find that it is very difficult.

[1] As you do not seem to really want to engage in a debate, I'll just post about my views on what you have said. But '...perhaps utilize it to come to an agreement' part.... well, I don't think that this will let me come to an agreement with amirborna.

[2] Your beliefs are your beliefs. If you are looking for answers outside of what you believe though, https://www.gotquestions.org/questions_God.html I know I've posted this a few times, but I believe it is an excellent guide if you have questions or do not know much about God. If you aren't really looking for these views, then disregard it.

[3] All I'm going to say is: you have complete control over what you believe and the decisions you make. If you know that God offers you His Grace, why not accept it?

[4] God did not create Satan to be His adversary. Satan was an angel who decided to rebel against God. Satan is the cause for all the evil that exists today because of his act of rebellion. Also, you seem to have a misconception about Satan. He does not control or rule over hell. Hell is a place of punishment, and Satan will be punished there like everyone else that rejects the grace of God.

[5] You cannot blame your parents or anyone else for what you believe. You and you alone choose whether to obey or rebel against God. On the Day of Judgment, I do not think that God will blame your parents for what you believe.

I agree with you though when you say "You try to believe in something that you don't already. You will find that it is very difficult." I assure you, it was hard for me to make the decision to believe what I do now. However, just because something is difficult does not mean it isn't the truth. For example, I had to do an essay for school... it was a large assignment, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.

Are you telling me that from nothing at all, not even space, nothing, no souls, no god, no nothing, not any matter or anything at all, all of a sudden sprung out and entire universe.

Big Bang? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

I'm not sure if I believe in His son

Again I see that the Christians call Jesus as son of God. We Muslims, believe in Jesus only as a prophet by the way.
Towards Amirborna again;
If we were right, sorry me but Amir you will go to hell.
But if you were right, no one will lose nothing.

See the red X by your name? That's there because you're an athiest and George Bush's goons are hitting the disagree button to discredit your opinions on all matters. Remember to hit the disagree button on other posters if you disagree with their irrational opinions against science and social progress. :( I know athiests aren't that petty minded, but you gotta fight fire with fire, my friend or Christian Al Qaeda will ruin your good name. :D Obviously, the question becomes, where did God come from? Who created an omnipotent God? That question is more incredible than where did life or the big bang come from. That a perfect being existed from nothing with no creator seems to argue against Intelligent Design and in favor of evolution!! God just evolved!!

OK Amir firstly read my posts. Before you reply to them with some gibberish.

Kansuke is trying to explain you something and you don't even read his posts. He is setting up his opinion and everyone has right to do so. We are not here to find who is right or wrong because in this kind of discussion you cannot really find who is right or wrong. But we are here to present our facts and discuss it with everyone else.

And you as a starter of this topic are in fact doing the poorest job around. Why? Well simply because you don't present your facts you wrote something in beginning and both Kansuke and me including several other people have answered to you and you answer to us with some gibberish not even trying to read the hole post. Reading the post is one way of presenting respect in discussion.

Now if you would read my post in one another discussion you made similar answer. And there I was explaining how god is unique entity, If it exists. And not as you are showing up increase Christian God above all.

On the other hand important thing is to say that you really are on the quest against Christian God. Since most of the examples come from bible and refer to the bible in content not some other holy book.

1. I didn't write this topics for questions and answers. I wrote this to express how I feel. I don't need to back ANYTHING up, as I don't have a God to backup.

2. I'm not on a quest against ANYTHING. I wrote examples as to why I don't believe in God(s)

That is what you theists think. That atheists are ANTI. We aren't ANTI-ANYTHING. We just don't believe in it. Just because I don't believe in it doesn't mean I go against it.

I can go against whatever I want in my examples though. In against, it means USING it to explain why I don't believe. Not attacking it as if it's a bad thing.

So what's going on here? We have 2 Gods now? 3? 1?

and to Erdemir

Towards Amirborna again;

If we were right, sorry me but Amir you will go to hell.

Nah, I will go to my all loving father who created me for the very reason

But if you were right, no one will lose nothing.

CAREFUL! You don't want your God to think your questioning him, or you're the one going to hell!

DOH! YOU QUESTIONED GOD! Better go dip yourself in holy water so you don't go to hell

Lyon I must agree on most things with you. But the point is that the main reason why god appeared in the human history that is concept of God appeared in the human history because people couldn't explain certain things in nature like we know and understand them today. And then it kept on going because many people needed some explanation why are we here how did we came here and similar things and of course there is salvation and this is also the reason and need for salvation that increased the sens of god in our lives.

10/10

I never said that God was 100% love. In fact, I believe that is not biblical at all. God is capable of both hate and love. So, I never once contradicted myself with my post.

Maybe you should quit making things up, your making yourself look bad. But I'd be less worried about what everyone else thinks, and be more worried about what God thinks of you.

1. God is a 100% complete being. Hate and love are human emotions, they are emotions that incomplete beings have. We hate someone for a reason. We love someone because we need "LOVE in our lives" God doesn't hate anybody, he can simply chose not to create them in the first place knowing he will hate them. And love, God doesn't need love, he is perfect.

I also stated how God can help people to get through cancer. Maybe you should read the whole post.

Seriously, you are thinking of God in human context. He is not human, so if you think of Him in human concepts, etc., your view of Him becomes skewed.

As I highly doubt you actually read all of my last post, I again ask you to read the articles here:

https://www.gotquestions.org/questions_God.html

I assure you that it will reveal quite a bit to you. However, it really seems like you are just trying to make others weak in their faith. YOU HATE GOD, and you are trying to make others do the same.

1. You're saying God is interupting our free will, giving us hard times, that we will still have after our lives in hell, and then your saying he is interupting our test, OUR FREE WILL, and helping / making it harder for us? EHH, WRONG. Try again

2. falso. That's you. God cannot have emotions/ect. This whole time, even in my first post, I wrote God cannot have emotions. You need to read better

3. No, you're right, I don't read everybody's post. Not because I don't want to, but because you say the same thing over again, but in another way. It's the theists way of trying to explain something, so he doesn't have to go through the terror of questioning God even remotely. it's part of the brainwash, it's normal though so don't worry.