xisto Community
OpaQue

Scheduled Downtime On May 31st, Around 8pm Pst

Dear Members,We will be switching another power distribution unit for all our servers and hence, we will have to bring down all servers on May 31st, around 8pm PST. The downtime should not last more than 15-20 mins.Thank you,Xisto - Web Hosting.com

Dear Members,
We will be switching another power distribution unit for all our servers and hence, we will have to bring down all servers on May 31st, around 8pm PST. The downtime should not last more than 15-20 mins.

Thank you,

Xisto - Web Hosting.com

Thanks for the heads-up, Shree! I hope it all goes without trouble.

Thanks for the notice, opaque. I'll be certain to do an extra backup of the site just prior to the downtime as a precautionary measure.

Thanks for the notice OpaQue. I will probably be sleeping so hopefully it'll be up when I wake up. :D

PST= Pacific Stadard Time because the servers are in Los Angels, California. That's GMT-8 hours. Right now as I type this it's 15:03 PST and it's 23:03 in Greenwich England or Cork, Ireland. M'kay?

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Thank you for the advance notice, Opaque! This gives me plenty of time to back up files on the remote possibility we experience a glitch of some sort. Now, what the heck am I going to do to amuse myself May 31st at 8pm for a half hour? Oh yeah, I'll be out of town campaigning for Ron Paul. Good timing! If only everything in life were so easy....

PST is pacific standard time, which is = GMT-8Pacific daylight time, on the other hand, is GMT -7I hope this information helps.

Thanks for the heads-up! I have already informed the users of my site of the downtime. It's good to know about these things before they happen.

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

Thanks for letting us know, I hope the downtime isn't as long as it was last time. Thanks for the warning too :D it is much appreciated.GMT -8, 8PM May 31 would probably = 4am GMT time, June 1 which = 2pm, June 1 GMT +10 time (my localtime zone). Seeing as that is the middle of the day on a sunday, I don't think I'll be on (ill be out :D)ThanksA200

Thanks for the heads up OpaQue. 8PM PST huh? Well that is about the time I usually log on so maybe I will just skip Sunday night. However, that would be 9PM Pacific Daylight Time, if I am correct. California does participate in Daylight Savings. :D Edited by Mich (see edit history)