xisto Community
AbdurahmanL

How To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

Not a bad tutorial. I do have a question though....I understand that this is just for if you are hosting it on your own pc, but what if you are wanting to host on a dedicated server?(like remotely)If you know anything about that I'd be greatly interested. Been thinking of hosting other games as well but I wouldn't even know where to start, being that I have no idea how to actually access the servers to install files and whatnot.Regardless, great job on the tutorial, and keep it up!

You will find run when you press the start button. That's if you're running windows XP. Also for those that couldnt allocate port 27015, try opening that port on your firewall or router.

Gol to https://portforward.com/ for more info

Can I create css server when I already have a cs 1.6 dedicated server?What I mean is will the cs 1.6 server be interrupted or crash when I create css server?Hope to hear from you soon -reply by Alex

Yeah.Make sure you run cstrike.bat TWICE to double check you didn't miss anything.If you haven't missed anything in the guide, proceed to the next steps.But seriously...scrds.exe, I cannot find that file. :)

Edited by IceAge (see edit history)

Does anyone know how to mount this kind of server on GNU/Linux, preferebly on Debian.I know that i have already asked it but if anyone knows please reply.Thanks very much, i play Counter Strike a lot and it would be of great help to make a server on my linux PC.Regards, Seba

seanerator when you press run you type cmd then press enter then when command prompt comes up u copy and paste this cd C:\HLServer then press enter k?Also seba just wait a little until I find a linux tutorial for you. :) Thanks! Also srcds.exe is in the hlserver directory. If you don't find it in hlserver go deeper, like look in another folder inside hlserver. I hope this helped :P