xisto Community
AbdurahmanL

How To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

EasierHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

!Why don't you just download this patch from this link http://www.mininova.org/com/2570905 and then only choose the patch using Utorrent then open the patch and then install it then you will find Source Dedicated Server on your desktop but you have only one more thing to do before opening it which is if you have a router you will have to open ports and forwarding them from https://portforward.com/ then choose your router then choose counter strike then follow the instructions and now all you have to do is to open the Source Dedicated Server and create the server with your options :D thats all I hope I was useful :D

-reply by Youssef

there is nothing wrong with this setup ... Ash-Bash - its just your internet or comp thats ****ing ****if it lags when your hosting etc... Coz it works perfectly for me...

-reply by ZeeFeX

not specifiedHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

Whenever I type in the folowing target for srcds.Exe shortcut it says C:HLServersrcds.Exe is not specified I'm not sure why.

Thanks

Luke

-reply by Luke

I cant find SRCDS.EXE in my hard drive , HLserver folde ror anywhere for matter of fact..Omg help Please?? I can even find in search.? did it not download. I did everything right..Help

-reply by Wade

I cant find itHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

ive doon everyything that says there ^^ but when I search for srcds.Exe

and when I run the bat file again it just closes

-reply by Zamalt

for those of you having trouble finding the srcds.Exe. Check to make sure your using C:HLServer, not C:HLserver or something else, caps does matter

Could not connectHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

Hi man thank you for this tut . But I have a problemI don t know why but my friends cant log in to my server what I need to do then ? Can you help me ? It will be good . Thank you very much .

-question by Psychoshocker

100 Tick?How To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

Is there any chance to get it 100 tick? so the serv wont lagg the ping is okey 20 30 etc

-reply by Wauzf

radioshed

Did you use shortcut

and putted this at it?:

"C:HLServersrcds.Exe" -console -game cstrike -port 27015 -autoupdate +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust

-reply by helper

Hey..

Very good, but there is something wrong with it. The bat file you have set to download, updates cstrike and not "Counter Strike:Source" meaning that it downloads the Counter Strike 1.6 update. You won't be able to host this server online until you update with this promt command:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter Strike Source" -dir C:\HLserver

NOT this one, as the .bat file said.

hldsupdatetool -command update -game cstrike -dir C:\HLserver

I am not able to get this to udate for Counter Strike Source. I have tried all the changes listed in the thread for the bat file and stuff and it will still not update. 1.6 will update fine.