xisto Community
AbdurahmanL

How To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

Iv done all the stepsAnd it works :DHowever the ip address is internal :/How to I change it so I can make it publicly accessable??-reply by Black Ops

Replying to snipe4spetsnaz Here is the reason you cannot find the srcds.Exe file. You have to change the parameter of the .Bat file. Right click on the updat.Bat file and click edit, the change the parameter it looks like this:C:HLServerhldsupdatetool -command update -game cstrike -dir c:HLServerIt should look like this:C:HLServerhldsupdatetool -command update -game "counter-strike source" -dir c:HLServerHope this helps-reply by Scott

Well it got 100 errors cause you didn't follow it right. I followed these directions and I made a server that people could join. Lots of other people used this tutorial and it worked for them. But you're welcome to use any tutorial!

Failed to load launcher DLL

Failed to load launcher DLL that is wat it says and I did everything wat it says

-reply by clowe2257

wrong?!

The way the .Bat file is created doesn't it mean that it downloads files for a CS 1.6 server?! It should like iGuest says

C:HLServerhldsupdatetool -command update -game "counter-strike source" -dir c:HLServer

-reply by XerX

srcds.exeHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!I still can't find the srcds.Exe file. Is it hidden in a map?I downloaded hlsErver, updated by clicking the file, downloaded the .Bat, I changed toC:HLServerhldsupdatetool -command update -game "counter-strike source" -dir c:HLServerAnd back toC:HLServerhldsupdatetool -command update -game cstrike -dir c:HLServerBut I still don't see a srcds.Exe file :sHELP ME PLEASE!-reply by Seppe

No CFGHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

Ok I used the automated CFG maker and I copy it into a document and I save it then close it (I name it server) but then I close it and it isnt a CFG file. How do I make it a cfg file?

-reply by dW#Prone34

Strange stuffHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

yeah that is strange, I did exactly as the steps told me to but I don't get a .Exe file in that directory. Must be something wrong but I can't find the problem

Ninami

No problemo man, I'm just here to help.

hey, my cstrike updater freezes at different points, i've tried numerous time now, and the farthest i mad it too was 82.21% and it just froze, how come it freezes??