xisto Community
k4m1k4z3

How Do You Want To Die?

Heavensound mentioned :"Well I think everybody want to die a quiet, unpainful death and not end up in a car crash! I think the most important question is WHY and what actually happens when we die - what is objectively better - dying in a car crash or slowly in your sleep.The thing is that death is a process - your soul has to depart from your body and for that it needs some time - this is why in India they leave bodies laying dead for a few days and they pray for the soul of the dead so that his departure would be as easy as possible. And this is why car accident is not ok - it usually destroys your body so that the soul has no time to completely depart from the body - this is also why there are so many occurances of people seeing themsleves being operated - their soul was not able to depart.So yes, just like anybody else, I'd like to have a calm peaceful death, but I don't think that the majority knows why this sort of death is the best way to die..."Sometimes I wonder if people are as afraid of death as they are afraid of the pain associated with dying. Think about it for a moment. If you were brought up to believe that death was a painless release would you be as afraid of it? Even people in their upper years fear death. Sure a lot of that has to do with letting go of familiar things such as family, friends and possessions........however a lot of that has to do with the fear of pain on death.Notice how one of the first questions a loved one asks when someone dies is something along the lines of "Did they go in peace?Was he or she in any pain?How bad was it for them?How quick was it?"And it's really no wonder that we are afraid of the pain associated with death. Death in its most sensational and horrifying ways surrounds us on a daily basis what with many news channels highlighting violent crimes, video games that embrace and encourage death inducing violence ( from the ridiculous such as the PS3 downloadable "Pain" to the newest title in the Grand Theft Auto series) and let's not forget your run of the mill TV shows. Spike TV has "Whacked Out Sports" which is just one of many types of shows that are a menagerie of clips of people doing things ( ranging from average joe stuff like skateboarding to OMG who would do that stuntmen tricks) where they end up somehow ( and painfully) miraculously alive. Heck I was watching one of those types of shows and I am pretty sure the guy DIED. They did NOT mention his recovery at all and it would be a miracle if he DID survive. Heck back in my day you had to rent death footage videos ( yup there are video series such as the Faces of Death as example). Now you can watch it on TV for free. In fact coming out this month on Spike TV a new series will be making it's debut....."1000 Ways To Die" in which it will cover real life cases of terrible ways to die.So yeah. It's no wonder we all want to die peacefully.I used to want to die in my sleep. Then I thought to myself one day "What if I die and don't know it and can't "wake up" right away?" I know silly thought there......however I have lots of lucid dreams ( and some that level and level upon each other making trying to wake up a chore and almost a nightmare in itself).So how DO I want to die? Like most people out there......painlessly. I'm not sure that I really care how I go, so long as it doesn't hurt.

I would like to die while I am defending my country, my motherlands. Even if I have died, my flag will wave in the sky. My ancestors died to save these lands to leave my people a gift, a peaceful world. If my lands in danger again, I would die in the lands that my grandfathers died.

I would like to die while I am defending my country, my motherlands. Even if I have died, my flag will wave in the sky.
My ancestors died to save these lands to leave my people a gift, a peaceful world.
If my lands in danger again, I would die in the lands that my grandfathers died.

Good answer.

My personal view is just that I would rather not be tortured or anything...As long as it's fast, it's okay. I mean, you have to consider that you will die at some point, the question(or lack thereof) is when. I would rather it just happen all of a sudden, rather than know ahead of time.

In terms of being around family....I'm really not sure about that...I think dying with family watching can be one of the most traumatizing life events that people can experience. Is that something I would really want to put them through? No.

Heh. Well, I agree that this has been one of the more morbid topics that I've seen on the Trap, and I could just go ahead and say what kind of death would I prefer. However, I'd like to stop for a moment and share something with all of you.

There are a lot of people who fear death. Take pain for example. It is an unpleasnat feeling, and many dont particularly enjoy it. Its the same with death, as I see it. Its the fear of the unknown. Its the fear of losing everything that we know and care about. So basically, if you accept that there is a time for everything to go and realize that nothing is everlasting, and you make most of your life as long as you breathe, I don't suppose dying will be much of a hassle.

I'd just prefer a quiet, peaceful death (Sound familiar?).

And "after all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" (Albus Dumbledore)

What in your opinion how would you want to die?
Doing something saving some one else's life and taking you own

In a car crash?

Heart attack?

How would you like to die.

I'd like to die old in my sleep, Dying slipping over or doing something simply stupid is simply.. a stupid way of dying =]

I wouldn't like to die I think :D

But if I have to, while saying goodbyes to everybody

I want to die by helping or by saving some one live. Its matter of great pleasure for me to donate or pay my life for some ones good will and kind. So be kind to others and always redy to help others. After all life is all about compromises.

Well, I am not sure exactly how I would want to go, but I damn sure know how I DON'T want to go. Earlier this month a long time friend passed away. About a year ago he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He went threw all the treatments, Kemo, radation, all that jazz. He suffered trememdously. All the hair fell out, first he lost weight, then started retaining water and ballooned up from 130 to 180, then lost it all back. Some weeks before the end, he had a stroke which temporaraily paralized his left side, which he mostly came out of, but then he had another stroke that affected his right side, and ended his ability to speak and swallow. Things went downhill quickly after that, but he lingered for a long time and I know it was a long and painful demise. Too some this may sound cold hearted, but I just don't believe a human should have to suffer like that. People talk about "animal rights" but at least if an animal is sick or injured, you are not a murderer if you end their suffering. People don't have that right. You have to lay there and suffer until you leave this earth, and that is just not right. So...when I go, I really just hope it is quick and painless. Painless is the big thing I guess. Not fear of death, but the suffering before you check out. I've thought some about it, and there aren't many things that you can do that you know would be painless. Sure, you could shoot yourself, but what if your aim was bad, and you missed something vital? Or you ran your car into a bluff, and only broke up your spine and had to live as a total invalid? Heck, even if you jumped out of a plane, with my luck I'd land on a nice big hay stack and survive mangled and miserable, but alive. Going to sleep and not waking up sounds pretty good about now........

When I die hopefully it will be a quick death! Drowning, starving, or having a heart attack seem rather drawn out. I wouldn't mind dying serving my country (A quick bullet to the head) or a quiet sleeping death.

Even i would like to have a painless death. I dont want to be in pain for long before dying. I would not mind dying due to a diseases as far as it does not makes me dependent no other and does not has a long prevaling pain. I would like to know some time before when I am going to die so that I can have a last word with everyone whom I want to talk. Ideal death fot me would be the one in which everyone dies with me that is a death due to a natural calamity wich would lead to extinction of life on the planet because this type of death will have a lot of advantages. The first advantage would be that i would not have any regrets on dying as all my responsiblities will also die with me. The other advantage is that everyone will live their life to fullest as they will come to know that they are going to die. It would be interesting to see how different people react when they will come to know that they are going to die.

Everyone has to die someday. Putting aside being murder, fatal accident, and uncontroled factors in which you may die any second, I'll emphasize on what's in our control, suicide and natural death. I believe attempting challenge your body to do the extreme or break a record is worth it, if suicide or a forseen death, such as a health problem is 'forcing' you to die. Since if one is going to commit suicide, why not do something extreme one has ever done before, such as stunts, testing of a new high speed rocket or whatever it is. If you succeed and come out alive, it is possible the person does not want to commit suicide anymore. If the person is about to die, why not die of a reason of 'attempting to break a speed record' then lie down everyday awaiting death.

Edited by Stridr (see edit history)

i'd like to die just after or during an orgasm. Wow, just thinking of it coming and going at the same time. lol

Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure there are some statistics of like 0.1% of 60 year olds dying like this. And this would really really spook out your partner and make her think it was her fault (because she was to good :) ).

About me... I would like to live to reach 100 years. Still making sports, playing chess with other people in the park and humiliating them. And then, when I start to lose chess games, I would climb the biggest mountain near me and jump off a cliff.
Extreme base-jumping :D

what sort of a question is that....never thought about that before....for me one thing is sure...I don't want to live life being old and helpless....I want to live to that extent till my body and bones are fit enough to face the challanges of life....after that I want to die....may be a silent one....without much pain...because there has been enough of that..in my life ....at least I should die without any struggle.