xisto Community
hulunes

Nike Vs Adidas? how do u think

Hmm... I would probably have to go with Nike on this one. I think that they have a larger selection and variety of shoes that Adidas, although lately Adidas has come out with some cool shoes (ex. tmac) I have almost always stuck with Nike when it comes to basketball shoes. About the advertising that was brought up by somebody, both Adidas and Nike advertise a lot, just watch the commercials that run during a basketball game. I am not a big fan of the current Nike ads; they don't really seem to catch my attention. I have one question for anyone that would like or knows the answer to, how are those new Adidas shoes with the computer and motor? Do they really work? Can you feel a substantial difference in comfort and performance? Or are they just another way to charge $250 per shoe?AmeriBass

I think that nike is way better. Because they have much better shoes.. If ytou notice the price on the shoes. The more expensive the better the shoe. And adidas's most expensive pair of shoes is probably like 70 dollars. There are some nike shoes that go for like 500 dollars a pair. That is really crazy but you can actaully buy shoes that much online now-a-days. LOL Crazy......

After browsing or should I say using a search engine, I came across this. Before I start, I would like to say that I prefer adidas over nike anyday. Adidas has more style and focuses more on the performance in sports and lifestlye than Nike does. Sure Nike is ahead of adidas.. but that won't last forever.

Anyway... I also like Nike don't get me wrong. But adidas is what I prefer and it's my taste of style. The adidas logo, both the lifestyle and performance are more detailed than Nike's check sign. I worn a couple of adidas basketball sneakers, and they're are extremely comfortable and lasts long... a3 technology, adiprene, and all adidas technology really works! Now... I always buy adidas products, jackets, sneakers, etc... I have a lot of adidas sneakers, all cleaned and fresh off the box. Why? I take good care of them and clean them even if they're not dirty. I always loved adidas and will continue to do so. I rock my adidas in school, parties, anywhere. I have the T-Mac's 5 in white/black and red/black and they're 10x better than Jordans. Adidas company is not boring as I read from the past posts of this topic, and I'm going to say.. "before you say something that stupid, prove it with enough detailed and facts" but you can't anyway, you just like to throw in stupid words thinking it's cool. Adidas comprehends their employees and has a nice facility and working enviornment. I suggest you read some facts kids before you post *BLEEP* like that. I know everything about adidas, just ask me anything and i'll be delighted to answer them for you. I'm an adidas freak if you must call it, or adidas addict. Adidas is love, passion, stylish, creative, I can keep going.

Ok now for the reason why I quoted this fool. I quoted you because you must be the most idiotic, ignorant person so far in this thread with a few others. You saying adidas most expensive shoe only reached $70.00? Kid get out of here. Slap yourself. Adidas most expensive product for sneakers (not counting apparels) is over $250 bucks. Go see for yourself. You don't know *BLEEP*. As for apparels, it's over $130. Now shut the *BLEEP* up before I slap you.

Also, if you browse through eastbay.com or adidas.com, you will see better kicks and apparels than nike. They're better looking and more stylish. Adidas has more players under contract than nike, for sports like basketball and tennis for example.

I've said enough. Peace out. You may bann me, i don;t care, but when someone talks *BLEEP* and don't know what he/she is talking about is iggnorant and should go jump off a cliff. I will always wear adidas and protect/defend them as well.

Thank you for reading!

-Adidas Lover

Reebok overthrows them both :(

Okay, that was actually funny. Reebok is trash, garbage, crap. They're also cheap. They're not worth a dollar.

Hmm... I would probably have to go with Nike on this one. I think that they have a larger selection and variety of shoes that Adidas, although lately Adidas has come out with some cool shoes (ex. tmac) I have almost always stuck with Nike when it comes to basketball shoes. About the advertising that was brought up by somebody, both Adidas and Nike advertise a lot, just watch the commercials that run during a basketball game. I am not a big fan of the current Nike ads; they don't really seem to catch my attention. I have one question for anyone that would like or knows the answer to, how are those new Adidas shoes with the computer and motor? Do they really work? Can you feel a substantial difference in comfort and performance? Or are they just another way to charge $250 per shoe?
AmeriBass

I can guarantee you that they will work. Use the common sense. It's adidas and it cost $250. It has a micro chip instead which detects your every move, making you feel more comfortable. I recommend them.

Well I think of Adidas as After Dinner I Did A S*** :(
Anyway I do tend to buy Nike branded clothes more than Adidas.

:(

~ Munchie ~

Your not funny, fool. you the one who looks like *BLEEP*.

Nike is the way to go. But I did have one bad experience with them. I bought shoes with them and the toe protector started to peel off in the front. I wasn't happy until I glued them back on. Everything else is holding up fine. Nike is nice because they are experienced sports equipment makers. They know what they are doing, something you can take comfort in when buying. Nike also makes good golfing stuff too I believe. Adidas? Well, lets say they are good too. But I think it boils down to opinion, and taste in style.

Edited by wild20 (see edit history)

My choice would be Adidas, I don't think that this brand is to old fashioned because this brand is on the market a lot longer then Nike or maybe I'm wrong? Somebody told here that Nike is more funky and crazy then Adidas and I agree with that statement, it's true... but honestly, I don't like that kind of shoes, I more prefer a nice, elegant style and that style is provide for me by Adidas...I also like Nike, but I would never take their shoes on the street, maybe to the gym or something...So, Adidas is my choice...:(

I tend to enjoy wearing clothes that are comfortable and arent itchy like woolen jumpers, and the shoes i wear need to be firm fitting and comfortable, but most of all should not be tight around the toes. Thats why i dont really care as to what i wear but Nike do seem to make better quality clothes then most of the others. Even though i like Nike more i still wear Adidas clothes, i like their track pants and some of their shoes. My current pair of shoes are Adidas and they fit me really well.

Reebok overthrows them both

well,although Reebok is also famouse,it was purchased by adidas who costed $ 3.6billion last summer in order to antagonize NIKE.so the most brand we only count ADidas and Nike at present.

BTW,do u notice that the reply of this topic in total now? :lol:

dude, I had some bad experiences with adidas.Back a few years they had the "feet-you-wear" style basketball shoes. I had a pair, the sole cracked from the middle. Replaced them, happened again, by then I had a pair of Nike (which I believe I still have)however, my latest shoes are once again Adidas. Adidas is superior in most aspects except basketball shoes, for those Nike rules...For soccer wear for example, Nike doesn't even exist, the competiton is mainly between Puma and Adidas.

I prefer ADIDAS, and I don't think that it's oldfashioned or boring company, for ex by Missy Elliott Respect me collection is pretty cool and prices are not so high, and the quality is very good, almost all ma clothes are adida, of course I've som nike clothes, but I wear them at home...-ILUJB

Adidas is better in my opinion. I just like the symbol better and they are more retro/old school. Air force 1s came out in 82, but you see so many people wearing the same shoes so its not even original or old school anymore. people think that all adidas has is shell toes, but you need to look at adicolor hi's those are way fresher than air forces or any nike shoe in my opinion. plus adidas came out first. its more retro. Plus you had run dmc rockking them, so you know that adidas is fresh.-REALSLiK

I have an internship to do either at nike either at adidas but can't decide which. nike is too commercial but it could be good to see how the company works. adidas is just plain awesome. but cant decide where to go. if nike it would be the design and fabrication of a product, if adidas about everything.... nike could be good for my future though, right??? cant decide help me decide!!!!!-Hedreul alexandra

Both tend to be very good brands, but I agree with the general consensus that Nike tends to have more brand recognition. But in some cases Brands with more recognisations doesnt always be good and/or is either overpriced. Take Sony audio for example, some of their equipment are overpriced, yet rivals or slightly cheaper general 'imitations' may tend to be better. Back on topic, I've had Nike basketball shoes, and had used it mostly for basketball in the old days, yet I had Adidas trainers for walking, running and the like. The trainers having been through most things, including puddles and muds as well when it rains all of a sudden, or running and there is rain/storm clouds hovering over my head.

Nike, I prefer it for many reasons. It seems they make more stuff, and I just like what they make. And also I think they just overall are better company. The final thing I like about them is Nike is a better name than Adidas. :rolleyes:

Edited by Reduced (see edit history)