xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adrianator

Are We All Psychic? And Where Does New Thought Come From?

I believe EVERYONE is psychic at a subconscience level. Our brains are electrical in a way, and everything electric, and other things, have fields of energy. I believe we feed off each other's brain activity in a way that science can't yet detect.Why is it a guy can just know when to look to catch a glimpse of a girl's *bottom* 20 yards behind him or that feeling you get when someone is present but you can't see them.Our brains pick up on each other's fields of energy and at a subconscience level our thoughts are constantly mingling and producing formed ideas. Like forces attract and people who think the same usually find each other and become friends. How else can you complete another person's sentence? These fields of energy are vast, an example would be if you've ever picked up the phone without intending to call out or even receive a call. You just do it as an impulse, it doesn't even ring, and you say hello and someone IS on the other end. Or have you ever suddenly thought about someone you don't normally think about and a second later they are calling on the phone. How many times have you called someone to have them tell you they were just about to call you or vice-versa.I think that inventors receive brand new thoughts from outside of this world. New thoughts can't simply be. Our brains only work from memory and respond in such a way that is generally a programmed response because of memory. So where does all the really new stuff and genuinely new ideas come from? I can almost guarantee that new thought is not terrestrial.Why is it that UFO sightings occur over the largest cities. Well, there are more potential witnesses, but the reason for them being THERE and not elsewhere is simple. They are aware of how we think and pick up on each others' thoughts and could possibly be advanced enough to consciencely pick up another being's thought. All they simply have to do is be near enough for our energies to mingle. The effects could be astounding as new thoughts are introduced to the population, even though we aren't aware of it, and they get to study our population in relative safety. Because they KNOW, there are groups of people that are simply not friendly. Would you stick your hand in a rattlesnake's cage? Same with them and what they may think of us. Honestly, we are a hostile race. In that aspect, what if they were able to 'manipulate' our thoughts and make us hostile for their entertainment? I mean seriously, entertainment is the spice of life and a bored advanced race with nothing better to do could easily be evolved enough to accomplish this.They say large crowds of people are generally dangerous and stupid. Well that may be true, maybe because of an overload of thoughts being introduced, a more primitive state of mind takes hold as a defense mechanism.Some organization I read about so long ago (I wish I could cite the source), did a study. They had a number of people take a written test and they had other people in another room, separate from the test takers, wait patiently. After testing, the people haven't taken the test were finally tested and scored significantly higher. They reproduced this experiment many times over and the second group always did amazingly better. Is it because their thoughts mingled?Real, true psychic events occur on impulse upon our part. My grandmother was vacationing in another state when a lady next to her blurted out that one of her children was in alot of trouble. My mother was very ill because of ammonia poisoning at the time and no one knew except our household.There are so many energies our science can't yet detect and some energies we can detect aren't completely understood. Anything and everything is possible.

I believe EVERYONE is psychic at a subconscience level. Our brains are electrical in a way, and everything electric, and other things, have fields of energy. I believe we feed off each other's brain activity in a way that science can't yet detect.

Why is it a guy can just know when to look to catch a glimpse of a girl's *bottom* 20 yards behind him or that feeling you get when someone is present but you can't see them.

Because you can hear them breathing and moving.

Our brains pick up on each other's fields of energy and at a subconscience level our thoughts are constantly mingling and producing formed ideas. Like forces attract and people who think the same usually find each other and become friends. How else can you complete another person's sentence?

Because usually in a conversation you're discussing something very specific. That nails it down. The person has already said a large amount of words in that sentence so you can "predict" very accurately, not 100% accuracy mind. Also bear in mind that words form a logical order and that very few words can sensibly follow another. For instance, "yesterday I was in my ....., planting a ....". Any idiot could guess both the words from reading my post, even someone in Australia, are you suggesting that fields of energy could therefore travel half way round the world to Australia? What a "noisy" place the world must be with all these energy fields...

BTW, if you really can't work out what the gaps are see the bottom of my post.

These fields of energy are vast, an example would be [1] if you've ever picked up the phone without intending to call out or even receive a call. You just do it as an impulse, it doesn't even ring, and you say hello and someone IS on the other end. [2] Or have you ever suddenly thought about someone you don't normally think about and a second later they are calling on the phone. [3]How many times have you called someone to have them tell you they were just about to call you or vice-versa.

[1] No

[2] No, never.

[3] None, although it does happen. It's called coincidence.

Are the energy fields limited to telephone conversations? Pretty useless...

I think that inventors receive brand new thoughts from outside of this world. New thoughts can't simply be. Our brains only work from memory and respond in such a way that is generally a programmed response because of memory. So where does all the really new stuff and genuinely new ideas come from? I can almost guarantee that new thought is not terrestrial.

Imagination, which you seem to have lots of :D All new ideas are drawn from memory and previous experiences. The same way that everything I dream about is in some way related to or an amalgamation of my past. I ask you to invent a new primary colour - you can't because doing so would be completely new and there's nothing you or anyone else has seen/done for you start from. Of course, you can get your extra-terrestrial beings to do that for you. :P

Why is it that UFO sightings occur over the largest cities. Well, there are more potential witnesses, but the reason for them being THERE and not elsewhere is simple. They are aware of how we think and pick up on each others' thoughts and could possibly be advanced enough to consciencely pick up another being's thought. All they simply have to do is be near enough for our energies to mingle.

Why bother come so low? I've already proven that energies can travel as far as Australia, 10,000 miles away from here (England). The exosphere, the uppermost point of the Earth's atmosphere is, at most, 6,200 miles away. Surely it's not worth the risk of being caught to travel so close?

The effects could be astounding as new thoughts are introduced to the population, even though we aren't aware of it, and they get to study our population in relative safety. Because they KNOW, there are groups of people that are simply not friendly.

But they still get spotted. We could shoot them down very easily. They ARE NOT safe there. ^_^

Would you stick your hand in a rattlesnake's cage? Same with them and what they may think of us. Honestly, we are a hostile race. In that aspect, what if they were able to 'manipulate' our thoughts and make us hostile for their entertainment? I mean seriously, entertainment is the spice of life and a bored advanced race with nothing better to do could easily be evolved enough to accomplish this.

They say large crowds of people are generally dangerous and stupid. Well that may be true, maybe because of an overload of thoughts being introduced, a more primitive state of mind takes hold as a defense mechanism.

Now your assuming things. These paragraphs are FULL of conditional statements, see bold.

Some organization I read about so long ago (I wish I could cite the source), did a study. They had a number of people take a written test and they had other people in another room, separate from the test takers, wait patiently. After testing, the people haven't taken the test were finally tested and scored significantly higher. They reproduced this experiment many times over and the second group always did amazingly better. Is it because their thoughts mingled?

I wish you could cite the source and say how many times they did it "again and again". Were the two groups of a similar IQ and intelligence (as in the difference in IQs between groups A and B is less than 1 point)?

Real, true psychic events occur on impulse upon our part. My grandmother was vacationing in another state when a lady next to her blurted out that one of her children was in alot of trouble. My mother was very ill because of ammonia poisoning at the time and no one knew except our household.

Your mum had ammonia poisoning and a woman's children were in trouble. I fail to see the link...

[1]There are so many energies our science can't yet detect and some energies we can detect aren't completely understood. [2]Anything and everything is possible.

[1] No, funny science can't detect them and I bet it never will. Convenient that...

[2] Not yet. In millions of years' time when our true understanding of life is superior to that of any invented phenomena or deity. Then, maybe then, will we be able do anything. Just to prove we cannot now, I ask you, once again, to invent a new primary colour. :P

[hr=shade]It's "garden" and "tree".[/hr]

I ask you, once again, to invent a new primary colour.

Why not something more realistic? Not one human being has ever created a color—the colors were already there. Humans just gave them a name for sake of reference. But now-a-days, it's not about being or creating something unique, it's about who can do it better than the other. Also, humans can't create anything, we just manipulate our resources to fit our needs; it's more like: we don't adapt to things, we make things adapt to us.

[1]Why not something more realistic? Not one human being has ever created a color—the colors were already there. Humans just gave them a name for sake of reference. But now-a-days, it's not about being or creating something unique, it's about who can do it better than the other. [2]Also, humans can't create anything, we just manipulate our resources to fit our needs; it's more like: we don't adapt to things, we make things adapt to us.

[1] My point was that if these extra-terrestrials were beaming new thoughts into a brain then it could, theoretically, be possible to do that - to create something from nothing. The OP also made the point that anything and everything is possible:

Anything and everything is possible.

So I deliberately gave him an impossible task to counter his argument.

[2] Interesting point and I'd have to agree with you. We don't create; we invent.

edit: I love the contrast in our sigs - it's like we're nemeses ^_^

Well, as for hearing if a girl is behind us or not, we do carry fields of energy: magnetic, chemical, and I'm sure certain other wavelengths, along with pheremones and man-made scents can help us get that feeling to look, as does our hearing and other senses that we have.

If thought is all about a combination of memories, when did mankind START thinking about UFOs and extraterrestrial beings or anything else for that matter? According to your argument, if no one ever thought of it before to give someone a memory, we'd never think of it in the future.

Yea, they're all conditional statements and speculation, but they're also not proven facts, so I can't simply state it as if it were a fact.

Some things we know, are solid facts already. Colors simply exist and can not be created. Primary colors are such only according to what we say and books that we read from. Primary colors are different depending on the application.

Primary colors are sets of colors that can be combined to make a useful range (gamut) of colors. For human applications, three are often used; for additive combination of colors, as in overlapping projected lights or in CRT displays, the primary colors normally used are red, green, and blue. For subtractive combination of colors, as in mixing of pigments or dyes, such as in printing, the primaries normally used are magenta, cyan, and yellow.[1]

Any choice of primary colors is essentially arbitrary; for example, an early color photographic process, autochrome, typically used orange, green, and violet primaries.[2]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_colors

You can't relate a solid fact to a speculation. I will provide an argument though. We can only see a certain spectrum of light (through which we get our color). If we were given opportunity to receive different kinds of light, we may see different colors, like those Reveal bulbs. A color of something is not permanent, it can change with the light shown upon it. If we were suddenly able to see beyond the spectrum that we can, we'd be seeing different colors. Like black light responsiveness, of which, the colors produced could be further altered by other kinds of light. I'm sure we can assume that there exist many more primary colors that we could use in various applications. We can not create colors, but we sure can 'unlock' them :P

Psychic? Coincidence? Intuition? Some people have these 'impulses' of thought that hit them like a brick and further investigation proves that thought to be true. Some people even try to put crazy logic behind it, like they come to believe the plants talk to them. What if it's coincidence that coincidences happen at an unnatural rate for certain people. What causes coincidence? In all the infinite of possibilities, coincidences should occur, mathematically, almost as often as someone getting struck by lightning or less often. You may still be thinking of TV psychics who claim they can 'force' their gift. What I am talking about happens whether you like it or not and at random times at a subconscience level before it's even formed into a thought. We can not assume that the only signals our brains process is from the 5 basic senses.

:P

Just remember, if someone thinks it's possible, it probably is. People are making themselves like flying squirrels, it's so awesome, I want to try it. Look up base jumping videos :D

us 3 should be friends ^_^

biblical vs atheistic and i'll be the philosopher, we can challenge each others' beliefs

Well, as for hearing if a girl is behind us or not, we do carry fields of energy: magnetic, chemical, and I'm sure certain other wavelengths, along with pheremones and man-made scents can help us get that feeling to look, as does our hearing and other senses that we have.

The point is how do you pick these "wavelengths" up? If you can't tell me, you have to presume that it is impossible and so subtract them from the equation. If you don't, then you're taking unfounded ideas into account and tbh, that allows me to make anything up and call it fact (ie "the sky is actually purple, you just see it as blue because of the gas tesomerone tri-oxide that's surrounding it".

If thought is all about a combination of memories, when did mankind START thinking about UFOs and extraterrestrial beings or anything else for that matter? According to your argument, if no one ever thought of it before to give someone a memory, we'd never think of it in the future.

We have always wondered: what's up there? If life is so abundant here, then how much of it is there above the sky and below the soil on the ground? My argument said that new ideas can only be formed from past experiences, yes. Life on Earth + sense of direction -> what life is there beyond the sky?

You have to remember that thought is temporary - I've forgotten what I thought of the Sun when I first saw it because I could not document my ideas on paper. Someone millions of years ago could have discovered the secret to creating the universe and it would have been lost with the ages since then because they couldn't write. People think of new ideas all the time and they could very well be the same idea someone thought of the other week ... or millennia.

Yea, they're all conditional statements and speculation, but they're also not proven facts, so I can't simply state it as if it were a fact.

And because of that, you can't really use them in making a point, which is why I ignored them.

Some things we know, are solid facts already. Colors simply exist and can not be created. Primary colors are such only according to what we say and books that we read from. [1] Primary colors are different depending on the application.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_colors

My definition of primary colours are colours that cannot be made by mixing two or more other colours together; only three of these exist: red, blue and yellow. Orange, for instance, can be made by mixing red and yellow, so it is not primary.

You can't relate a solid fact to a speculation. I will provide an argument though. We can only see a certain spectrum of light (through which we get our color). If we were given opportunity to receive different kinds of light, we may see different colors, like those Reveal bulbs. [1] A color of something is not permanent, it can change with the light shown upon it. If we were suddenly able to see beyond the spectrum that we can, we'd be seeing different colors. Like black light responsiveness, of which, the colors produced could be further altered by other kinds of light. I'm sure we can assume that there exist many more primary colors that we could use in various applications. [2] We can not create colors, but we sure can 'unlock' them :D

[1] The actual colour does not change, it's just that a different light is reflected so it looks different

[2] That's the problem. That statement is a far cry from your first post - how anything is possible and that aliens could beam new ideas into our brain.

Psychic? Coincidence? Intuition? [1] Some people have these 'impulses' of thought that hit them like a brick and further investigation proves that thought to be true. Some people even try to put crazy logic behind it, like they come to believe the plants talk to them. [2] What if it's coincidence that coincidences happen at an unnatural rate for certain people. [3] What causes coincidence? In all the infinite of possibilities, coincidences should occur, mathematically, almost as often as someone getting struck by lightning or less often. You may still be thinking of TV psychics who claim they can 'force' their gift. [4] What I am talking about happens whether you like it or not and at random times at a subconscience level before it's even formed into a thought. [5]We can not assume that the only signals our brains process is from the 5 basic senses.

[1] Those people soon end up on drug rehabilitation programmes

[2] I'm sure it is - what else could it be?

[3] Could you please find proof to back up that claim? I roll a 6-sided die and guess the correct number 3 times in a row and it wins me £200 in bets. What a coincidence! The probability of this is Posted Image. Unlikely but not impossible.

[4] Oh yes, we can definitely think at a subconscious level if that's what you mean and it only becomes a usable though when it's "transferred" (or whatever it's called, I'm not much on psychological terminology) to a conscious level. We can thinking about things for days and days without realising it, particularly with complicated life problems, before we finally come to an answer or solution and whilst it may seem random, it is not. What "impulses" is it exactly you refer to?

[5] Likewise, we cannot assume that our brains process other signals. It would be much more reasonable to assume that we only process information gathered from our five senses as that it all science has proven.

Just remember, if someone thinks it's possible, it probably is. People are making themselves like flying squirrels, it's so awesome, I want to try it. Look up base jumping videos :D

By harnessing the power of the science behind they're ability to fly and replicating it artificially B)

us 3 should be friends :P

biblical vs atheistic and i'll be the philosopher, we can challenge each others' beliefs

;) - We should have our own debate programme on daytime TV ^_^

I still have to argue the color thing. If our sun were putting out a different light wavelength, all colors on this planet would be different. But color is made up of what part of the light spectrum is being reflected. If it reflects all the spectrum, then the object will appear white, until you shine red on it because that is all it has to reflect. An object that can ONLY reflect red, will always be red no matter what kind of light is shown on it, unless that light is void of all red spectrum light, then the object may appear dark. I guess that's the experiment. Can we strip an object of its own color by shining light void of that spectrum, and will it appear dark? A talk show with us? Oh wow!

I still have to argue the color thing. If our sun were putting out a different light wavelength, all colors on this planet would be different.

But color is made up of what part of the light spectrum is being reflected.

NO. The colour we see is. The actual colour of an object is set in stone. It just appears to be different under different lights.

I guess that's the experiment. Can we [2]strip an object of its own color by shining light[/2] void of that spectrum, [1]and will it appear dark?

[1] It won't appear at all. By shining pure red light on to a pure blue object in an otherwise dark room, you will not be able to see that object.

[2 ]Btw, just by shining light on an object, you won't affect it's colour permanently at all (unless by doing so, you alter it chemically).

A talk show with us? Oh wow!

Yes I've designed the format already. I'm the presenter and you're my co-hosts ^_^

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt's Debate Moooooooorrrrrnings!!!!!With our hosts: electriic ink, truefusion, and of course, adrianator!Today's topic... COLOR@!!!#electriic ink appears to think that a color of an object is permanent while adrianator says it can change depending on the light imposed upon it, and truefusion makes the statement that new color can not be created!truefusion: Color is color and can't be created.electriic ink: mmm, yes, but an object's original color can't be changedadrianator: Well if original color, as in the color under the sun, is your reference point, it will be the same unless a different light is shown upon it.announcer: it appears you three are arguing against each other's statements, but are really stating various aspects of color, and can't seem to absorb into a single agreementaudience: <laughter> ^_^

Edited by adrianator (see edit history)

edit: I love the contrast in our sigs - it's like we're nemeses ^_^

truefusion: Color is color and can't be created.

No, that's not what my original statement means. My original statement says that humans did not create color. Colors "being there already" doesn't mean they could not have been created.

electriic ink: mmm, yes, but an object's original color can't be changed [except through a chemical process.]adrianator: Well if original color, as in the color under the sun, is your reference point, it will be the same unless a different light is shown upon it.

(By the way, i added some extra words to "electriic ink" in the quote.) The both of you are trying to turn something subjective into something objective without using something that could be considered as absolute as a source for your arguments.
[hr=noshade] [/hr]
What color would you attribute to "colorless"? (I know it sounds self-contradicting.) How could you prove to someone that can only see black, white and their shades that the object that they're staring at is the color (for example) red?

What color would you attribute to "colorless"? (I know it sounds self-contradicting.) How could you prove to someone that can only see black, white and their shades that the object that they're staring at is the color (for example) red?

I have always wondered, does everyone see the same 'color'. I could be looking at an object and see blue and you could be looking at the same object and see green, but another person would see it as violet. But we all call those colors by a single name, maybe yellow. If we were told a certain color is a certain color, that's all we'd ever be able to call it.

The both of you are trying to turn something subjective into something objective without using something that could be considered as absolute as a source for your arguments.

You almost lost me here ^_^

I have always wondered, does everyone see the same 'color'. I could be looking at an object and see blue and you could be looking at the same object and see green, but another person would see it as violet. But we all call those colors by a single name, maybe yellow. If we were told a certain color is a certain color, that's all we'd ever be able to call it.

You almost lost me here :)

To tell you the truth, I both agree AND disagree on adrianator's post here...
Unlike most of you skeptics. :D

I believe that we have the potential to unleash our physic awareness in ourselves. Psychic abilities are real and can be proven by the use of psychic police today.
Our brains are not very understood by the scientific community, so no one know how exactly it works. If you have read my Introduction thread, you will see that I am wanting two personal websites. One of those are for my theories in psychic phenomena.
The brain works on the quantum level, and one of the theories about the universe is that the universe is a hologram. This means that each particle that makes up the universe has the information of the whole universe itself.

Our brains are similar to radio and televisions, we have different brain patterns. By tuning it to the right frequency, we can tap into one of the many holograms in an atom to awake our inner psychic.

But I don't understand about the colour part and other things in adrianator's post though.
This is all I believe and understand in his post and I have given my arguments for my position.

as far as psychic abilities, that is just a name given to intuitiveness created by the energy that surrounds us all. so call it whatever you want. it's surrounds us all and we are all connected to the same energy. it's how one picks up that energy that influences the diferent levels of the so called psychic ability.as far as colors, i believe in a combination of truths that come up with one specific color. but just because there is one specific color to any one thing doesn't mean people don't see that color differently than someone else or through manipulation of one's own thoughts. who is right or wrong? that isn't the question that should be asked as there are a lot of variables that haven't been mentioned.if one is so closed minded that if he/she sees yellow and that s the only color it can possibly be, then he/she is limited and limiting their own selves to the possibilities of the universe and most importantly, who they are.

I agree to a point that we may have more going on mentally intertwined with one another, but how far I can't really say.The reason I agree is because yes, the mind works based on electrical charges (and the rest of the body as well). There are programs for the PC that will even interpret your thoughts into movements in games and stuff. One of them has a ball floating in a room and if you *think* about it going left, it will. If you *think* about it going right, it will. Things like that.So are our brains able to be interpreted? Science has already proven yes, although not 100%. Can we connect to other brains wirelessly? Possibly.

The universe if one whole thing, it is connected to everything else.One atom can show what the rest of the universe is doing, both past and present, maybe even the future, but I won't go into that.It is true that the brain works on electrical charges... that is what we are made up of, energy.Energy that has cool down so much that it has formed matter.Skeptics out there (close-minded people) won't believe in psychic awareness (psychic awareness, not psychic powers and psychic abilities because it is something everything and everyone has) because they have shut their minds out from the possiblility of it happening.This is like the Moon Landing debate. Some skeptics still think that it never happened, even when all the evidence points to the fact that it DID happen.There will always be skeptics in this world, but one thing in science that you have to know is that anything can be disproven. So now I say that psychic awareness is possible. But if one single evidence that points to the fact that it doesn't. I will and I can change my position and come up with a different theory.But for now, we can see that it is possible and things like this exist.