xisto Community
coolcat50

Scam Email Or I'm Rich Weird email saying I won UK lottery

I for some reason recently received an email saying I won the UK lottery for the sum of 1,000,000 GBP. It is obviously a scam or I'm rich. Here is the email for your inspection:

*BATCH NUMBER:034/099/YX46*
*TICKET NUMBER:005-4432-971-878*

*FINAL NOTIFICATION *
*We are pleased to inform you today 13th
April 2008 of the result*
*of the winners of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
ONLINE PROMO PROGRAMME,*
*held on April 2008 .You won the sum of Ł1
000,000.00 GBP*

*file XYL/26510460037/06. *

*To file for your claim, please contact our
claims agent; *
*Agents Name:Mr.West James*

Email:info@claimsagentuk.com

*Provide him with the information below: *
*1.Full Name:*
*2.Full Address: *
*3.Marital Status: *
*4.Occupation: *
*5.Age: *
*6.Sex: *
*7.Nationality: *
*8.Country Of Residence:*
*9.Telephone Number:*
*Congratulations once more from all members
and staffs of this program.

This has SCAM written all over it... stay away!

Why is the Email from a dot com dot sg? Singapore, I believe...

I told you it was a scam the moment you IM it me on MSN about it. Heck I won about 30+ UK lotteries and I don't even live there so that tells you something, but I am bit surprised that they didn't ask for your bank account info. Although, I doubt it would take much these days to get basic info and then commit ID crimes under your name.

This is scam, If it were true, I'd be richer than Bill Gates ^_^ I've gotten thousands of mails like this, just stay away from this crap :P Don't give them any details.

Why would someone in Singapore be managing the prize winners for a lottery draw half way around the world?

To:info@claimsagent.uk

That email address is impossible. There are very few .UK addresses, and they are pretty much all run by government agencies and the like. Now, they all have to be .CO.UK or .ORG.UK or whatever else you pick.

*BATCH NUMBER:034/099/YX46*
*TICKET NUMBER:005-4432-971-878*

Those pieces of information don't exist in the UK Lotto, so it makes very little sense to put them there. These are scammers who have conducted poor research.

*FINAL NOTIFICATION **We are pleased to inform you today 13th
April 2008 of the result*
*of the winners of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
ONLINE PROMO PROGRAMME,*
*held on April 2008 .You won the sum of Ł1
000,000.00 GBP*

UK Lotto draws are on Wednesday and Saturday. The 13th was a Sunday. Go figure. Also, it is no longer really called the National Lottery, but the Lotto Draw.

*file XYL/26510460037/06. *
*To file for your claim, please contact our
claims agent; *
*Agents Name:Mr.West James*

Email:info@claimsagentuk.com

The "Agent's" name makes very little sense and appears to be backwards. James is more often a forename, and West makes more sense as a surname. Also, their web address appears to have changed since the top of the email.

*Provide him with the information below: **1.Full Name:*
*2.Full Address: *
*3.Marital Status: *
*4.Occupation: *
*5.Age: *
*6.Sex: *
*7.Nationality: *
*8.Country Of Residence:*
*9.Telephone Number:*
*Congratulations once more from all members
and staffs of this program.

Name, address, age and phone number are fair enough. However, the rest of the information would be useless for a Lotto claim, or makes little sense to be asked for it anyway.

Dude your rich. I'm sorry I was ever mean to you lol. Share the wealth will yall? I'm a poor univeristy student living off a student income /crys... I wont make fun of you and call you catman again I promise.

Dude your rich. I'm sorry I was ever mean to you lol. Share the wealth will yall? I'm a poor univeristy student living off a student income /crys... I wont make fun of you and call you catman again I promise.

This is a scam and he will kill you if you tell him to do this and he does :P Well, R.I.P. ^_^

Look at the website and see what it tells you:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

(It's down).

If I were you I'd set up a fake email address and reply giving false details and see what happens for the fun. ^_^ They'll either end up telling you to fly to London to collect your winnings in person or they'll ask you for bank details to transfer the money to them. Whatever they decide, all hell will unfold...

I also got the same message. I knew it was a SPAM Message, so I deleted it. Yeah I'm also sure that it is from a Singaporean Site & .com.sg, never heard or seen any such endings for a web site. Those domains must be pretty new or the sender is using some PHP Anonymous Script Mailer so that he can enter all those bull *BLEEP* datas.

BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS?

I'm have got 3 mails of these kinds after I have signed up for hosting account at Xisto. I have got my account but along with that I'm also getting all these kinds of wierd messages. No offense Guys but I think some one in the Xisto Admin section is misusing our data. Hey I'm not sure but I'm just suggesting. It may be the case. I am not saying that They are the one doing it but all those mails started coming to my mailbox after I started using Xisto. I think the Admins should be informed. More over the original poster of the message also is a member of Xisto Forums. Both the mails are exactly the same. Letter to letter. I don't have the copy of the mail cause I deleted it considering it to be a sure SPAM but I remember the details( Come on who can forget that he had received a letter stating that he won UK Lottery of ?1000,000.00 GBP ). I hope you get my point.

Notice from electriic_ink:
Xisto does not send spam emails to its members.

Your basis for this accusation is that 2 members who happen to be members of Xisto got the same SPAM email. I often get the same SPAM as some of my friends - that doesn't mean there's an infiltrator in our group forwarding our addresses to some Singaporean criminal.

Please - stop scaremongering and think of something constructive to write.

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

I see the match you have made between the two, but I very much doubt it is correct. Since you have kept your email address private on the forums (wise move) it is unlikely you will have been picked up because of joining Xisto. Also you're saying someone is misusing the data here because you're email spam was the same. COME ON! You should know everyone gets exactly the same mails, that's how spam works.And on you're second point NONE of the administrators or moderators would be so low to pass on the information. End of. That's not the way here, and I highly doubt it will ever be. All the admins and moderators are chosen carefully by person.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I also got the same message. I knew it was a SPAM Message, so I deleted it. Yeah I'm also sure that it is from a Singaporean Site & .com.sg, never heard or seen any such endings for a web site. Those domains must be pretty new or the sender is using some PHP Anonymous Script Mailer so that he can enter all those bull *BLEEP* datas.

BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS?

I'm have got 3 mails of these kinds after I have signed up for hosting account at Xisto. I have got my account but along with that I'm also getting all these kinds of wierd messages. No offense Guys but I think some one in the Xisto Admin section is misusing our data. Hey I'm not sure but I'm just suggesting. It may be the case. I am not saying that They are the one doing it but all those mails started coming to my mailbox after I started using Xisto. I think the Admins should be informed. More over the original poster of the message also is a member of Xisto Forums. Both the mails are exactly the same. Letter to letter. I don't have the copy of the mail cause I deleted it considering it to be a sure SPAM but I remember the details( Come on who can forget that he had received a letter stating that he won UK Lottery of Ł1000,000.00 GBP ). I hope you get my point.

I didn't get any spam e-mail from Xisto.com. I don't know how but some people find your e-mail address when you just create it, I just don't know how. And I suggest to all of you to have e-mail on gmail service. They have realy functionating spam filters. I used to have account at inbox.com but I was always getting spammy e-mails. And hotmail is the worst of free e-mail providers. In a one month I get about 1000 spammy e-mails, and gmail put them in spam section, so I don't open them. I just delete them all. And in my real gmail inbox I don't get any of e-mail spam. Also from the last year gmail don't put any kind of ads on your massages.

I for some reason recently received an email saying I won the UK lottery for the sum of 1,000,000 GBP. It is obviously a scam or I'm rich.

Obviously e-mail that you got is spam. That is just logic, who will give you Ł1000,000.00 GBP for nothing? Who could know how many people got the same e-mail. When you don't know sender of your e-mail just delete it. That is my advice.

Regards.

lmao I happen to run across this thread and I had to laugh. why? I got this same E mail twice last week. Yes it is a scam along with any other "lottery" e mails you may get. I know for a fact that this one has been going around the internet for over 10 yrs in some form. Sorry your just a poor slirp like me lol

same thing ove and overScam Email Or I'm Rich

I Need Your TrustMy name is Alli,Iamthe manager of auditing and accountingDepartment Bank international Du Burkina Faso,I need your urgent assistance inTransferring the sum of ($13. Million us dollars immediately to yourAccount.Upon your reply I will send you full details on how the business will beExecuted, you can reach me with my private phone +226 76 84 78 77.Mr Alli,withRegards.

This was mailed to me exactly as it is--no email to respond just a cell number, LOL

-reply by will123

i have gotten a few of the spam emails, and i always laugh at them, i even gotten one form the FBI (when i saw that one, the thought was why aren't they at my door?) but the thought i got form the email from the lottery winning ones i get are.... heck if i reply with information, then all they need is a picture and there they have a ID or passport with my name on it.....