xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

You Control What Happens In Your Dream..? Soemtimes, i think I can...

I myself sometimes can control my dreams, but usually its go with the flow. I remember a couple times where I have a superman type dream where I can fly if I think about it and try really hard. But then there are dreams where I seem out of control completely... Sometimes I would be running from something and im trying to run fast but its almost like im running in slow motion. Also I need to wear glasses or contacts, and sometimes in my dreams it will be as if im not wearing any and I have trouble seeing whats in my dream. And usually when i realise im dreaming or something similar, is right before I wake up. Dreams are wierd... lol

Edited by chriscannon (see edit history)

Whatever lucid dream I have, I've awoken with that ghost feeling that I really was somewhere else. If I get shot and I wake up, I hurt where I got shot and many other sensations linger after dreaming. This leads me to believe something on the spiritual level happens when I lucid dream. I think that a spiritual part of me, my soul or whatever, goes to another realm and takes part in life in that realm.

That happens to me too! Although it actually can be explained non-spiritually. When something happens to you in your sleeping state in the real world, it comes into your dream. And as well, your sensations are controlled by your brain as well. So when you dream that you get shot, your brain gives a sort of Pavlovian reaction (a reaction before the actual thing happens) and you "hurt" where on the body it hit you.

I think I do have control over my dreams, because sometimes my dreams put me in the worse positions and I somehow come out on top. Especially when I have these battle.invasion type dreams were I am fighting the enemy and stuff like that.

Lol yeah. I sometimes get that feeling too. But the "dream sequence" appears to go on even when I'm sub or vaguely conscious of my actions. I also "realise" that I'm in a dream, but I never do anything like I would supposedly do in the physical world like pinch or injure myself physically to check if I am dreaming or not (I sound insane but meh.)Also, sometimes I am aware that the dream likes to repeat itself over and over and over and over again and it feels really bizarre since I know EXACTLY what to do again and again etc...I sound crazy don't I?

I think in your dreams you can do what you would normally do in real life or want to do.If I'm correct, there is this tool you wear over your eyes at night that when you start having rapid eye movements (Dreams) a red light starts to blink on your eye. Then while your dreaming you will see the red light and know infact that you are dreaming, and the world is yours :DThe thing that bugs me is what if one day I'm in real life and not a dream and I see a red light and I stat messing around LOL. But it mostly won't happen so It's cool :(

I've had one interesting dream where I had semi-control: though it was only over myself, and not my environment. The dream occurred in my own home, though at night, and the lighting was kind of odd (As dreams sometimes are. Movies don't exaggerate on this point.) My sight was a bit fuzzy, etc. And I recall standing in the half-bathroom of our place and thinking, "I'm dreaming. I want to pinch myself so I can wake up." And I remember being in the dream and pinching myself several times, but no matter the effort, I still couldn't wake up from inside the dream. Talk about a wild fluke :D, as I'd never heard of lucid dreaming before in my life. So yes, if you're "lucid" or aware while in a dream state, you can control what happens in your dreams, though only to a certain extent, depending on your skill with such states.

Being concious in dreams. What is known as Lucid Dreaming, and is really awesome! I've done about 30 lucid dreams from February '07, and I'm trying for more. Lucid dreaming is what I do to relieve my stress, when I get really angry on one day, if I get lucid I'll probably pluck a weapon out of the air and start mowing people down with it. It's so relieving.I would post hundreds of my lucids and brag about them, but that would be dumb. If anyone is interested in my boring dreams, tell me. :D

Didnt know its called Lucid Dreaming but I have had a few of them, I dont usually have them but thats probably because I usually dont think about what to dream when I go to bed but I know if I do I will dream about what I wantBut I remember once I really wanted to have a dream that I am being chased, (dont ask lol) and i did end up dreaming being chased and the funny thing was although I was being chased everything was going to my plan, I was able to dodge all his attacks and I got shot when I wanted to...wierd I know lol

Its all possibleYou Control What Happens In Your Dream..?

forgot to look at the date, so I may be replying to year old posts, but I thought I should let you know that it's all possible. All of it. Some people dedicate their whole lives to it. Sometimes you can't control anything, and sometimes you can make tornadoes, change the color of the sky, or do whatever you want. It starts with learning to remember your dreams. You wake up and instantly write down the dream you had. You get better and better. And then you change up your sleep schedule constantly. You constantly have to question whether or not you are awake, because step one to a lucid dream is realizing you are asleep, which you will only do if you are always wondering. And then the walls between reality and the dream world fade away. It becomes addicting and you begin to wonder what is real and what is a dream. You start to feel like you're floating on your back through an endless ocean all the time. It's fun and worth trying, but I've been there and my advice would be to not focus on it too much. It's incredibly easy to forget about everything else that matters and just dream your life away. Plus now I have all kinds of weird sleep patterns and habits and schedules.

-reply by Drew0

I do have such an experience of control over what i see in my dream.I was dreaming and was about to wake up. I know i am dreamingbut my consiouse mind was gradually waking over uncounsious mind.I wish i could see a beautiful car with red color... i could see it in front ofmy eyes!!. It does not exist long, i got up and dream vanished.. still i remember it.

Its called 'Lucid Dreaming' ! and you cant control what you do but you do know that you are dreaming. I heard all of this on the 'How stuff works' podcast, you should listen to it , it covers a huge variety of topics. i never remember my dreams , so i don't know ! :)

I dream those kind of dreams when I understand that I am sleeping and that it's a dream because of some facts I find in a dream which in real live can't be, after that I start to try and control myself, do something I've never could do in a real live :P and it works :)But the bad thing is that usually I wake up on such a dream very soon, the best effect is when it continues a bit longer :( it's really fun, something like a virtual reality, where I can feel if I touch something or kick somebody or taste something :D but I usually get disappointed, when I try to comeback to some place in that dream and everything changes and I am in some kind of a different place and etc. It doesn't last long..As I know we usually remember only those dreams which we dream before waking up? This could be the reason we "understand" that we are dreaming, because we are waking up? And remember only those dreams when having some conscious? And after waking up and going to the bathroom I usually forget everything :PI wanted to start writing after waking up what I was dreaming, but never could continue to do so every morning..